Glances and Touches

Don't Worry, You're My Most Important Person

          Junhyuk glanced down at the other end of the table for the umpteenth time since the fan signing had started. He stared for a moment as Timoteo smiled at the fan in front of him, saying something to her that was inaudible from where Junhyuk was sitting. The stylist had insisted on straightening Timo's blonde hair today, and because of the chilliness inside the fan signing event, he was bundled up with a large grey coat and black scarf. Junhyuk could understand why the girl was blushing and looking down for the most part; Timoteo was beautiful. With his pretty eye smile and cute nose, he stood out the most among anyone present. 

            Junhyuk had to look away as he smiled at the girl who stepped in front of him, accepting the small stuffed animal that she handed him as a present. He winked at her before asking her name and signing the album as it was slid in front of him. As he listened to her chatter at him with the small amount of time she was allotted, he forced himself to stay focused and refused to let his mind wander to the fairy-like blonde at the other end of the table.

            Who was Timoteo talking to now?

            Was he giving any fanservice?

            Did he think that the girl was cute?

            Junhyuk pushed these thoughts on the back burner as the girl quickly bowed her head to him before moving down the line to Kid Monster. Junhyuk still found the name funny, and had to stop himself from referring to the younger dancer as Taehyun in front of fans.

            Hearing squeals from the crowd of girls waiting in the seats in front of them, Junhyuk glanced down the table to see who was giving out fanservice this time. He could feel his body stiffen up for a moment as he saw Timoteo and Sungwoon making a joint heart with their arms; Sungwoon smiling cutely at the girls as Timoteo laughed quietly to himself at the reactions they were receiving. Junhyuk tore his eyes away, grinning widely at the newest girl in front of him as he tried to ignore the burning jealousy in his chest.

            Maybe he wouldn't have been so sensitive to everything Timoteo was doing today (because Junhyuk was mature enough to know that fanservice was just that; fanservice.) but over the past week, Timoteo had been acting different than usual around the leader. Where he never used to move away from Junhyuk's touch, Timoteo had seemed hesitant if slightly uncomfortable when Junhyuk would get too close to him, and conversations seemed to be short and awkward lately. Nothing had changed for Junhyuk ever since him and Timo had become more than just band mates, he loved him more each and every day. Even though Timo had never let it go any further than touching and kissing (much to Junhyuk's dismay), Junhyuk hadn't thought that there was anything wrong between them or any reason to feel awkward. Although their relationship was secret, Junhyuk would always tease in interviews when he'd refer to them as the 'Umma' and 'Appa' of Hotshot. However, Junhyuk was worried that maybe the 'Umma' was having second thoughts about their relationship. It wasn't like that couldn't be a possibility, and he was almost too afraid of the answer to ask. 

            Junhyuk heard someone loudly clear their throat next to him. Making sure that he had his most leader-like demeanor about him, he smiled at Taehyun, who was giving him an odd look. Without saying anything, the small dancer nodded in front of Junhyuk, motioning at the newest girl in front of the raven haired man. Junhyuk quickly stopped his thoughts about Timoteo once again as he talked to the girl, smiling jovially as he completely ignored Taehyun's curious glances.

            As the girl worked her way down the line past both of them, Taeyun looked directly at the leader as he asked, "Are you alright, hyung?" He moved his mouth in thought, "You've been dazing out quite a bit..."

            Figuring that the younger was concerned about his health, Junhyuk grinned at him as he shrugged, "Thank you, but I'm fine!"

            Taehyun didn't reply at first, studying his face for a moment before he smiled sighing in relief, "Okay." He turned his head away as he looked down to the other end of the table, "I thought it maybe had something to do with Timo."

            Junhyuk flinched in surprise, unable to ask the smaller man what he meant as another girl approached the table. Taehyun was more observant than he looked.

            As the fan signing continued, more fan service was given from each of the members as the girls continued to try and get their 'oppas' attention by giving gifts, calling their name from the seats, and taking many pictures. After Taehyun's observation earlier, Junhyuk refused to look down the table at the blonde who had probably not even spared him a glance at this point. At least, none that Junhyuk had noticed.

            When the signing came to a close, the members stood up and gave out their last farewell, bowing to the fans as the girls cried out in dismay that it was over. Needing to move on to their next schedule, the manager and staff quickly ushered the boys out in a line, sending them out into the hallway as they started for outside. Junhyuk walked slowly, easily slipping behind the rest of the members until he was next to Timoteo. The blonde glanced up at him, smiling slightly as he said, "Did everything go well?" Junhyuk felt his chest tighten slightly at Timo's question. Had he made everything up? Maybe there was nothing wrong with him and Timoteo after all.

            Grinning widely in reply, Junhyuk said, "Yeah, it was better organized than our last one..." Timoteo giggled quietly so that the staff couldn't hear him, ducking his mouth behind his scarf as they both remembered the disaster at their last fansigning. Somehow the line had gotten out of order, and there were some unhappy girls to say the least. In the end, Junhyuk talked the girls into calming down, but he still got a scolding from the staff later about leaving his seat and entering the fray of girls. 

            Unable to hold back any longer, Junhyuk's hand made it's way to the small of the shorter blonde's back, gently resting there as Junhyuk bent down slightly. In a deep and quiet voice, he said into Timoteo's ear, "By the way, you look really cute today." He could see the tips of Timoteo's ears turn red as they poked out of his straight blonde hair. Timo was quiet for a moment, and Junhyuk figured that he was too afraid to say anything with the others around. However, Junhyuk flinched as Timoteo slowly moved away from him, gently shrugging Junhyuk's hand off of his back. Junhyuk wasn't sure what he felt; upset, confused, angry? Whatever it was, he didn't like the feeling was getting at that moment. 

            As if to explain his actions, Timoteo simply said, "Not with others around..."

            It had been an understanding from the beginning that they would be careful in public or even around the other members, but with how Timoteo had been reacting lately and now this... Junhyuk wasn't sure if it was that the blonde was afraid of being found out or if it was something else. 

            Although he had so much he needed to get out of Timoteo, he wasn't given the chance as the members stepped outside and were ushered into their vehicle. Junhyuk made up his mind that he'd resolve whatever was going on when they got back to the dorm. For now... He had to focus on being the leader first.