WEEK LONG HAPPINESS.

Diary of a Fan Girl (can you believe it? WE FELL IN LOVE?)
Please log in to read the full chapter

06-30-12

Today is the last day of our week long vacation. After 8 days of endless sight seeing, shopping and eating (well, sleep is actually out of the list for me since all Railey and Daryl do is drag me to different night markets and pubs). We tour around Seoul with just the three of us (No Chin Ho and his car). Our only companion is the map that Daryl bought in a bookstore near our apartment (Yes, we do have a map, but none of us knows how to use it. We got lost so many times, just imagine three foreigners who don't know any Korean words aside from “annyonghaseyo” and “saranghae” roaming around the streets of Seoul, EPIC FAILURE but so damn FUN). As an individual who loves the Korean culture, being able to go to places that I only see in dramas and Arirang channel (that's all I've got at home), is overwhelming. Now, I was able to understand why people are attracted to this country. I can say that in one way or the other, they have preserved their culture and especially their traditions.

Every morning, the two girls and I will have our daily jog around the park. After an hour and a half, we'll go back to our apartment, drink coffee, wash up and get ready for a whole day trip (I'm not used to bringing a lot of things, my camera and wallet is all I need and I'm good to go). I kinda miss working, so to satisfy my hunger for it, I made this trip as a "research trip" for me. My first featured article will be all about Seoul. I have gazillion photos saved already.

Lovely city tour (Daryl, Railey and Clara style) :)

Hello Kitty Cafe

                                                                             

----> We decided to explore Hongdae on the first day of our escapade. Our staffs told us that this cafe is a must see (who grew up without knowing or liking Hello Kitty, right?), so we gave it a shot and it was heaven. It brought out the inner child in us. (According to our staffs, Hongdae is full of fun and it's like the party capital of Seoul).

National Museum of Korea

                                           
Please log in to read the full chapter