Lucky

The Revenge of A Fangirl

Today is the moment of truth. Whatever happens, I'm ready for it.

A nurse checked my height, weight, and my blood pressure. Then I took an eye check-up.

"You seem pretty skinny for a boy, but luckily you're not underweight," The nurse chuckled.

"W-Well it runs in our blood, but I'll try to eat more," I replied, trying to avoid further questions.

The nurse tapped my head. "It's fine, some guys have skinny bodies despite of working out or changing their diet plans, just like SHINee's Lee Taemin,"

After that, I had an eye test, in which she noted about me wearing contact lenses. She led me to the dentist for a dental check up, and my teeth were all healthy. And then, she led me to the clinical doctor.

I got nervous as I see her. She would probably feel my chest if she checks my heartbeat with the stethoscope.

I hope not, I hope being flat-chested will at least be an advantage today...

But then my heart suddenly broke. It made me remember of my dream. I wanted to be a doctor since I was little. Now, I'm not sure how to pursue those dreams. I don't know my future anymore and it makes me feel nervous. No, I admit that the right word for how I feel is scared.

"Hi, Kang Jaehyo-sshi," The doctor snapped me out of my thoughts. "Do you have any health problems like asthma?"

"None," I replied.

"Have you been confined to the hospital this year?"

"No," But my unni did and that's why I'm here.

"Okay, that's good then," The doctor said and got her stethoscope.

She plugged the earpiece on her ears and placed the chestpiece on my chest. My body stiffened but she told me to breathe normally - inhale, exhale. Then she brought it to my back. Did she feel my chest? Or was she so into the check up that she didn't mind it at all?

"Everything's clear, Jaehyo," She said and took the earpiece off, placing the stethoscope on her table. "You're healthier than I expected, it's just that you're too skinny,"

"Ah, y-yes," I said and chuckled. "I-Is it done?"

"Yeah, you may go now... In case you feel bad or something, don't forget to visit the clinic," The nurse warmly said.

"Th-Thanks," I bowed and walked out of the clinic.

Whew! That was so close. Good thing they didn't have to examine my !

 

I got the schedule after my medical examination yesterday. Today, I will officially train with SM Rookies. This should help me with my goals. I can't lose this opportunity.

My first class was rapping class. They probably need to focus on my rapping skills since that was Kris' specialty.

I reached the door and inhaled deeply. As I let out a deep breath, I threw a fist up to encourage myself. I knocked on the door until someone opened it.

"Oh, the new trainee!" A man, who sort of looked cool with his sunglasses and black shirt, plus black jeans invited me to come in.

"So this is the special trainee from our CEO, and he will be competing against you for Kris' position... Please introduce yourself and show us a little bit of your rapping skills,"

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Kang Jaehyo," I bowed a ninety-degree bow. All of them stared at me like something was wrong.

"He will replace Kris hyung?" I suddenly saw Tao sitting with one of the trainees. The other trainees giggled and laughed.

"He looks so different from Kris sunbae though," A boy from SM Rookies said. He looked like a kid, and I'm taller than him.

I snickered. "Is he going to audition as a replacement for Kris?" I asked the coach.

"Yeah, all of you here except for Tao. He's just here to train as well," The coach replied.

I chuckled. "Well, I may look all skinny and weak, but I can assure you that I'm not a person who's only strong with words,"

With that, everyone's faces turned serious. And Tao was looking at me like I'm his prey. I probably left a bad impression on him. But I'm not afraid of his sharp eyes that have deep bags under it.

"If there are no other harsh comments, I'll start to give you a little bit of my rapping skills," I mocked, looking straightly at the little boy's eyes. As I tried to concentrate, I could see a nametag on his left chest, with his name written on it: Mark.

 

The rap lessons ended quickly without me noticing. The coach helped us learn how to pronounce each words clearly even if the beat was already fast. It was surprisingly fun.

I walked to my next class - Etiquette class. I knocked on the door and a familiar woman opened it for me. She was the woman who asked me to do aegyo during my auditions.

I quickly gave a ninety-degree bow, but before I could greet her, she cut me off.

"Omo, you're the boy who doesn't do aegyo right?" The woman asked.

I nodded, feeling embarrassed. Why did she had to be my teacher?!

"What a coincidence! The topic today is all about aegyo," The woman said and held my shoulder, leading me in class.

I looked around me and saw another familiar face, this time from a man - Chanyeol. I suddenly felt heat rise up through my veins, and once more get irritated with everything about him.

"Class, he will be your new classmate, Kang Jae Hyo," The woman introduced.

"Wow, he looks like he's going to pass the aegyo session today," One trainee said. I checked his nameplate that says Jaehyun.

"Yes, but unfortunately, he told me that he never does aegyo. So today I will be teaching all of you how to properly show your aegyo, or to reject doing aegyo properly. Jaehyo, please sit beside Chanyeol, and class, I left something at the office so please entertain our new trainee for a bit,"

I had no other choice because the only vacant seat was beside Chanyeol's.

"Annyeong! I think I saw you yesterday," Chanyeol waved his large hand in front of me manically.

Is this guy in drugs? He just asked me to step out of the elevator yesterday and he acts like he's such a friendly big child?!

I snickered and rolled my eyes. I tried to ignore him by looking for my notebook and pen inside my bag.

"Ya, how could you ignore your sunbae?" A little boy asked. I looked at his nameplate and written on it was the name 'Jeno'.

"I don't want to be insincere, is it bad?" I asked and raised my eyebrows.

"You sound like a girl," Jeno leered at me.

I gulped and looked for words to defend myself.

Chanyeol suddenly burst out laughing, that he clapped his hands like a crazy person.

"Jeno, if he was a girl then you should've pity her! This chest is perfectly flat," Chanyeol suddenly tapped my chest and I quickly shoved his hands away.

"ERT!" I shrieked.

"I think Jeno's right. You're acting like a girl," Chanyeol raised his eyebrows and chortled.

"I-I mean, how could you bring up the topic about women's chest? Aish, control your hormones! You guys don't make any sense!" I reprimanded.

"You know what, sometimes, a girl-looking boy is what fans needed because they love shipping their bias to another boy. And I think you look perfect. How about we practice that?" Chanyeol whispered.

"Practice what?" I asked cluelessly.

He bent forward, our noses just centimeters away from each other. I tried to lean backward to avoid his contact. "You, me, the ChanHyo or JaeYeol coupling? Which sounds better?"

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up," I said and pushed his head away.