Sincerity

Training ~~~~

          

           Juhyeon wasn’t hiding his cold expression as he stared at both of the people in the doorway, only one of them actually aware of the look of death being directed at them. The stoic man didn’t reply to Sangbae’s cousin’s light greeting as he was obviously upset by something. Even though it was less than a minute, it felt like an eternity before Sangbae was the first one to drunkenly break the silence. He squinted his eyes as he tried to recognize Juhyeon, letting out a huff as he realized who it was. He tiredly rubbed his eyes against his cousin’s shoulder as he mumbled, “I don’t wanna come back here, Hyung…”

            There was an obvious twitch in Juhyeon as he kept his calm, otherwise not reacting to the leader’s words. Sangbae’s cousin laughed awkwardly as he gently pushed the small drunken man off of him, not sure where to look as he said, “I have a feeling you needed to come back here.” Trying to make the scene less nerve wracking, he softly joked, “After all, this is where you live.” Sangbae didn’t help as he leaned all of his weight against him again, whining loudly, “But Juhyeon’s here~”

            His cousin pushed him off, more firmly this time as Juhyeon’s face seemed to flush slightly. “This is exactly why you need to come back here. You might not be in the right state to talk right now, but,” he glanced at the man in the doorway before finishing as if trying to drive a point home, “I’m sure you’ll have a nice civil talk and get some stuff figured out.”

            Juhyeon finally spoke up, his voice cracking slightly from staying silent for so long. “What exactly did Sangbae Hyung tell you?”

            Sangbae’s cousin cleared his throat, “He told me enough… listen…” He finally moved Sangbae forward enough to send him towards Juhyeon, the younger man jumping slightly as the small leader stumbled into him, Sangbae obviously not sober enough to realize who was holding him. Juhyeon looked uncomfortable for a moment, and Sangbae’s took the chance to speak his mind.

            “I know Sangbae very well, and I know how hard of a time he’s had the past few years. He’s an extremely naive and worrisome person even if he doesn’t show it.” He cleared his throat again before continuing, “To make this short, you’re not making things easy on him. He doesn’t want to destroy everything he’s gained with Madtown and your confusing actions are only upsetting him. He made it very clear this evening that he cares a lot about you, enough to forget about his idol position and get drunk… I don’t know you very well, but I know that you’re an earnest guy. You need to actually talk to him, and-“

            He was cut off as Sangbae about fell over, the other two momentarily forgetting about him until he lost his balance. Juhyeon quickly caught him, holding him close as he kept his eyes fixed on Sangbae’s cousin, obviously waiting for him to finish. Sangbae moaned loudly, “It’s cooold…”   

            Juhyeon pulled the coat tighter around Sangbae’s shoulders, taking a moment to make sure it was on well enough before he glanced back up. Sangbae’s cousin sighed as he finished, “Anyway, you get the idea. I’m not saying it’s not… weird, but I don’t like seeing Sangbae like this.” He took one last look at Sangbae’s current state before he sternly added, “Also… I trust that you’re man enough to not take advantage of a drunk.”

            Juhyeon’s eyebrow twitched, his expression still not changing. The other shrugged as he turned away, obviously too tired to deal with the two of them anymore. “Tell Sangbae that I’ll text him later. Make sure to take care of him.” Juhyeon didn’t respond as the latter walked away, making sure that he was down the street before steering Sangbae inside.

            As they entered the dorm, Juhyeon closed the door behind them before making Sangbae sit down as he took off his shoes for him. Sangbae’s head nodded tiredly as he blinked at Juhyeon, not really sure what was going on. It wasn’t until his shoes were off and Juhyeon stood to help him to his feet that Sangbae realized that he was back at the dorm with Juhyeon and that his cousin had left him to fend for himself.

            Sangbae didn’t take Juhyeon’s offer to help him up as he brought his knees up to his chest and hugged them, pursing his lips as he stared at the ground in front of him. Juhyeon, obviously never have dealt with his leader being drunk before, seemed taken aback and slightly awkward as he finally said, “Hyung, you’ll be cold if you stay here all night…”

            Sangbae shook his head as he stubbornly refused to stand up, “I’m fine. I still have your coat.” Juhyeon pressed his lips together before saying, “Well maybe I want my coat back.” Sangbae shook his head again, stopping when he began to feel slightly dizzy, “No.” Juhyeon ran his hands through his hair as he sighed, not sure how to deal with the other.

            “Hyung… I’m sorry.”

            Sangbae glanced up at him, blinking for a moment before he asked, “For what?” Juhyeon obviously didn’t know how to say what he wanted too as he took a moment before finally replying awkwardly, “For the, um… for confusing you, I guess.” Sangbae didn’t seem to understand him, wavering slightly from where he was sitting as he tried to stay upright. “Hmmmm?”

            Juhyeon sighed as he found it difficult to put together what he wanted to say. “I’m not even sure if this will help since you’re so…” He looked him over once before adding, “Drunk… but I want you to know that I’m sincere.”

            If Sangbae had been even slightly sober, this would have been exactly what he would’ve needed to hear, but unfortunately he wasn’t taking in everything that the awkward younger man was trying to tell him. “Sincere…” Sangbae thought about the word for a minute before he asked, “About what?”

            Juhyeon looked like he had just been hit by a ton of bricks as he rolled his neck in slight annoyance. He muttered something under his breath before he replied, “About l-liking you. I’m still not sure how to express it, so I just made things even more confusing for you… and-“

            He didn’t get a chance to finish before Sangbae interrupted, “Your face is red. Are you feeling okay? Are you sick?” Juhyeon gave him a long look, just now realizing that he was blushing before he huffed in annoyance, “Did you hear anything I just said, Hyung?”

            “No.”

            Juhyeon leaned back against the door, surprised at the leader’s blunt reply. “This is pointless...” Sangbae slowly tried to get to his feet, wobbling before Juhyeon reached out to help him. Sangbae gave him a weird look, almost defensive as he studied Juhyeon’s face. He tentatively reached out his hand as he held it against the younger’s forehead. “Your face is a little warm…” His head nodded slightly as he fell forward, hitting Juhyeon in the stomach by accident as he leaned all of his weight against him. Juhyeon held back a cough, pressing his lips together as he painfully said, “I’m not sick but I might be injured before morning…”

            Sangbae laughed quietly, still leaning fully against Juhyeon as he lightly hit his shoulder. “That wouldn’t hurt you. You’re tougher than that.” Juhyeon’s face changed shades again as he tried to not let the leader’s drunken compliments get to his head.

           As if just now realizing that it was Juhyeon that he was leaning against, Sangbae froze and then turned quickly to avoid him. Due to his state of drunkenness, he lost his balance and fell forward, thankfully caught by Juhyeon's long arms before he could face plant onto the ground. Juhyeon sighed, not used to the leader's childish actions. He used his body to help him balance, leaning down to quietly say, "If you don't stop avoiding me, I'll have to force you to listen to me."

           Sangbae blushed, Juhyeon's body pressed up behind him only reminding him how close the younger had been at the practice room; not to mention Juhyeon's deep voice that close to his ear caused his body to jolt from... He wasn't sure what. In a mad rush to explain his actions so that Juhyeon wouldn't have to 'force' him to listen, Sangbae found himself saying things that he wouldn't have if he were sober. "Well if you weren’t so frustrating all of the time and if you would just explain yourself and stop being so mysterious…” He knew he should stop talking, but Juhyeon’s close presence behind him and the silence filling the room when he was speaking spurred him on (the buzz of alcohol didn’t help matters any).

            “And because you won’t just tell me what’s on your mind I keep thinking about you all the time and how worried I am that you’ll get mad at me and if you know how much you affect me and that I wish you wouldn’t be so… so… frustrating! You had to be so tall and handsome, didn’t you? I just want to know what’s on your mind because you’re really important to me and I don’t want to lose you because of this and maybe I’m taking everything the wrong way and I really hope I’m not because I’ll feel really stupid and-“

            He in his breath as he felt Juhyeon’s arms wrap around him, the taller holding him tight as he buried his head into the leader’s shoulder. Juhyeon took a deep breath, his body tense before he quietly said in a hoarse voice, “Hyung, I’m not the frustrating one…”

            Sangbae pursed his lips in annoyance, trying to look over his shoulder at the other. “What do you mean by that? I’m honestly worried here and you’re just-“His words were once again cut off, except this time it was by Juhyeon’s mouth as his lips overtook his own. Sangbae didn’t move, his eyes wide as he could feel the younger’s heartbeat against his back, just now realizing how fast it was.

            As Juhyeon pulled away, he looked Sangbae right in the eyes as he earnestly said, “I already told you, I’m sincere.” Sangbae tried to calm his heart down, Juhyeon’s gaze holding him in place along with the arms still wrapped around him. The small leader’s voice wasn’t as strong as he wanted it to be as he stuttered, “A-About what?” Juhyeon chuckled, his body shifting slightly as one of his hands rubbed against Sangbae’s side.

            “About liking you.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, I totally just left this at a cliffhanger. You're welcome.

So what's drunk Sangbae gonna do? Run away again or like... not run away? Man, I'm so good with words that I amaze myself. -_-'' Anyway, I preordered the signed Madtown album and I'm so freaking excited that I'm gonna jump out a window when it arrives! I REALLY want Moos, Lee Geon, or H.O's photocard, but I'll be happy with any of them! XD

Thank you for all of the comments again! Tell me if you love it, hate it, or just think I should stop writing all together! XD Thank you for reading, you guys are troopers. :3