Bugged By Hugs

Bugged By Hugs

It’s around the fifth time Minho is talking to Kibum but doesn’t get any response when he knows he’s being punished for something. What, he doesn’t know, but Minho is 101% sure he must have done something wrong for Kibum to give him the cold shoulder since he stepped back into the dorm.

“At least tell me what I’m being punished for?”

Minho decides to take the bull by the horns as he leans on the wall of Kibum’s room and watches Kibum go through his skincare routine at his desk. Whether it’s because Kibum is concentrating on reading the instructions printed on the Harakeke firming seed cream or contemplating if he should help Minho understand the situation, it takes a long moment before Kibum finally ends his silence.

“It’s the way you hug people...” Kibum thinks out loud, saying it more to himself than Minho as if he has figured it all out.

“What?”

Kibum glances over at a visibly confused Minho and sighs.

“Your hug with Jjong today.” Kibum explains before he adds as an afterthought, “Your hugs with everyone else actually.”

Minho frowns, “What about them?”

“Nothing...” Kibum mumbles, “I just don’t like them.”

Minho recognizes this look on Kibum’s face, the slight pout of his lips, cheeks a little puffed out, eyes downcast; recognizes the tone of Kibum’s voice, sounding something in between a grumble and a whine. They’ve been together long enough for Minho to understand what all of this means.

His boyfriend is jealous.

Minho’s lips curl into a smile as he walks closer to Kibum, no longer keeping a safe distance since he knows Kibum is ready to talk to him now.

“They’re just hugs, Kibummie.” Minho says, gentle and warm with no intention to tease Kibum like he usually would, “And it’s not just anyone, it’s Jonghyun hyung...”

“I know, I’m being stupid...” Kibum replies, eyes fixed on his skincare products, refusing to look at Minho when he’s revealing his thoughts, “But that’s exactly it. It’s no different when you hug me.”

Since there’s only one chair in Kibum’s room, Minho turns Kibum towards him so that he ends up sitting sideways facing him. He then rests his hands on Kibum’s shoulders and tilts his chin up, making sure Kibum can’t look away from him.

“It’s not the same, Kibum.” Minho begins, “Trust me, it may look the same but it’s not. When I hug you, it means so much more. It means...”

“Stop.” Kibum reaches up to cover Minho’s mouth before he can say more, “I don’t think I can deal with hearing you sweet talk your way out of this.”

Minho’s eyes crinkle into a smile as he holds Kibum’s hand, moves it away just a little so he can flip it around, before he brings it to his lips to press a kiss on the back of Kibum’s hand.

“I love you like this.”

“Like what?”

“Being possessive and all,” Minho smiles, “It reminds me how much you actually love me.”

Kibum snatches his hand back and rolls his eyes, “Shut up and sit down. We have some skincare products to try out tonight.”

Minho laughs and does what he’s told, more than happy to allow Kibum to apply some sort of cream all over his face. He enjoys it anyway, not the skincare routine though; What Minho likes is getting to see Kibum acting indifferent when he’s clearly embarrassed for getting called out. Minho thinks Kibum’s the cutest like this.

“Hey Bum?”

“Don’t talk.” Kibum mumbles as he concentrates on gently massaging the firming cream evenly on Minho’s face.

“For the record, it’s more or less a friendly hug when I hug others so there’s really nothing to worry about.”

“Mmm.” Kibum decides he wants to hear more.

“When I hug you though… I can’t say the same.”

“Hmm?”

“I usually have other intentions.” Minho admits.

Kibum raises an eyebrow, “Do I want to know?”

When a smile spreads across Minho’s face, Kibum shakes his head and pats Minho’s face.

“Forget it.”

“Actually, just think back on the times I’ve hugged you and you’ll have your answer.”

When Kibum suddenly starts avoiding his eyes and begins fidgeting, Minho knows he has managed to prove his point.