Chapter 1

Loners have secrets.

Hey you,

I thought that maybe I should write to you since I'm pretty much on my own, so I would feel less lonely.
Maybe.
Maybe you will be able to relate to what I am going to tell you in my following letters, maybe not. But after all I believe that you will at least listen. 

My name is Yoo Youngjae. I'm currently 17 years old and people like to call me a nerd. Which I actually don't think I am. I mean, I do like books and maths but hate sports. I kind of get why they call me that after telling you this because I also like to correct them when they do/say something wrong. But that's just because I believe that it's very important to talk and think correctly.

But yeah, I'm in highschool now and pretty much a loner (don't comment this, I know what you're thinking). I do have ONE friend. Don't judge me, I'm just very picky about whom I want to spend my time with because time is limited and we shouldn't waste it. Anyway, his name is Bang Yongguk. He's kind, laid-back, very poetic at times and on top of that, HE IS the captain of our school's football team. YAP! My only friend is THIS man. (don't judge x2)

I know what you're thinking, "How is it possible for the world's biggest nerd to become the best friend of the school's most popular guy?"
Easy answer.

STEP ONE: You have to be in the same class.

STEP TWO: You have to drop your things in front of him so he helps you carry them to your locker. (THANK YOU MY DEAR BOOKS!)

STEP THREE: Have the same interests and share them with each other.

This is how this happened. I know, this is extremely (!!!) strange but I swear I didn't really see that coming either! Well yeah, I'm happy to have at least one friend.

Today, he asked me to meet up with him, but he didn't look too well. He told me that I shouldn't ask what's wrong, so I didn't. We spent some time together at the river until I had to go back home. He told me he won't be in school tomorrow, that's why I don't feel too well about it now but I hope he'll get better. 

Yours,

Youngjae.