Chapter Fifteen

The Wallflower { Editing again }

Chapter Fifteen: Running Into An Old "Friend"

(A/N Some swearing, to help the plot line.)

Amy got dressed in casual wear. She wore jeans with an oversized sweater and went downstairs. Midway down the stairs, she could smell a heavenly scent you could say. Mhm~ She breathed in the smell. I wonder who's cooking... She continued walking down and Amy could hear loud chatter. Normally she would panic, talk about getting mobbed by girls, but she just liked how it felt. Being talked to for who you were, who you are, even though she was still confused about the whole thing. 

"Sungmi!" D.O shouted. He was flipping pancakes and smiled at her. "The guys are in the kitchen. I hope you didn't mind that I used your kitchen...And that we're eating in your home."

Amy smiled back. "It's okay, as long as I get some food." She winked and left D.O speechless. 

"Hello everybody!" She said while walking into the kitchen. Everyone stopped talking and stared at her.

"Um..." She said nervous. Was I too hyper? She thought.

"Sungmi!" Kai greeted, snapping back to life. "Sit next to me!"

Chen smacked his head. "Yah, it's her house."

Amy shook her head. "I think I'll sit next to you Kai." She walked over to Kai and sat down.

Chen looked at her with an open mouth. Kai nudged him and mouthed, "It worked~"

"So Sungmi, are you excited to go to Lotte World?" Kris said.

"What's Lotte World?" Amy asked.

A gasp was heard from the right. "You don't know what Lotte World is?" Sehun exclaimed.

Amy shook her head. "I don't...Am I supposed to?" She asked innocently.

Kai patted her shoulder. "You have been living a sad, sad life Sungmi."

Amy shrugged. "Does D.O normally cook in the EXO house?"

"Yeah." Everyone chorused.

"Because no one else can cook." Kai said.

"Yah!" Kris yelled. "You say my cooking is good though!"

"I meant, because no one else can cook as well as D.O hyung." Kai added.

Kris scoffed. "Sure."

"Brunch is ready!" D.O yelled from the kitchen. He brought the food out and everyone stared at it as if they were wolves. Once he set the plates on the table, everyone dug in. Amy wasn't used to the whole "dig" in thing so she just sat quietly and waited.

Chen (since he was on the right side of Amy) saw how she didn't have any food on her plate. So while the rest of EXO were fighting over the food, he secretly handed her some pancakes, egg, and bacon.

Amy's eyes sparkled at the sight of food. "Thanks Chen!" And since she was hyper, "I love you so much!" And she started eating.

Chen stuttered his thank you and turned to hide his red cheeks. Luhan nudged him and whispered, "Wow, she said 'I love you' to you~" He teased.

"S-Shut up Luhan." Chen flustered, still not over what just happened.

"Ooo~" Luhan kept teasing poor Jongdae. "Why are you blushing? Mhm?" 

"Hyung!!" Chen shouted.

"Mhm?" Amy turned to look at Chen and Luhan. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Luhan said with a sweet smile.

Amy looked unsure but nodded anyway and continued eating.

------

After eating brunch, Suho announced that it was time to go to the park. There were two cars: Car A had Suho, Lay, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Sehun, and Luhan. Car B had Kris, Tao, Xiumin, D.O, Kai, Chen, and Sungmi. Car B had more people since the car was bigger.

"I want to sit next to Sungmi!" Chen said while everyone was walking out of Amy's house. Amy was the last to go, since she had to lock the doors and stuff.

"Remember Chen, it's Sungmi's choice." Kris reminded him.

"Sungmi!" Chen shouted. Amy looked up and had a questioning look. "Will you sit with me?" 

Amy playfully thought about it. "Mhm...Maybe?"

"Please?~" Chen swayed around.

"Okay, okay!" Amy said while looking around. These boys are certainly embarrassing her. Kris drove and Tao sat in the front. Kai and D.O sat together, Xiumin sat by himself and Chen and Sungmi sat with each other in the back.

"Everyone buckled up?" Kris said from the front.

"Yes!" Everyone said in unison.

"Let's go!"

"....Ew Gege, don't do that."

"Huang Zitao, shut up."

"Yes Gege..."

------

They soon arrived at the park and Amy was amazed.

"Holy ..." She said in amazement.

"Woah, you speak English?" Kris said, in English.

"Holy , you speak English?"

"Yeah, and you're cussing. You cuss?" 

"Yeah...Problem?"

"No, you just seem like a No Matter What I'm A Good Girl, type of girl."

"Well then...Don't judge a book by it's cover then."

Amy started walking with Chen, since she would've gotten lost without someone to guide her.

"So, this is your first time here?" Chen asked.

"Yeah..." Amy looked around. "Weird, where are your fangirls?"

"We've asked the guards to not let any fangirl in." Chen explained.

"Why?"

"We wanted to make sure that you had a safe, fun time here."

"Thanks guys, well thanks Chen." She smiled. But that smile didn't last very long.

"Oh my god...Sungmi?" A voice called. Amy's face fell in just seconds.

"Sungmi...You okay?" Chen asked worried.

"Kim Yeonrin?" Amy whispered.

"Sungmi?" Amy turned around and almost stumbled from shock. But then shock got replaced with anger, and Chen could feel her aura become hot and blazing.

"Hello...Yeonrin." Amy said with a poker face.

Yeonrin smiled but Amy could tell it was 100% fake. "Is that a way to greet your old best friend? Sungmi, I haven't seen you in years!" Then she turned to Chen and her smile became even bigger. "Hi, I'm Kim Yeonrin. Sungmi's-"

"Shut up." Amy cut her off. She glared at her "friend". "You...You were never my friend. You used me!" Amy shouted, tears b her eyes.

"S-Sungmi. I never did anything wrong, you're the one who left me." Yeonrin said, side glancing at Chen. "Chen, she's a monster, why are you with her? You should be with me~" She said smiling.

Chen didn't like this girl one bit. "I'm sorry but I would rather be with Sungmi."

"Go away Yeonrin." Amy whispered. "You're the monster here."

"Are you alright?" Chen lowly said, just enough for Amy to hear.

"I'm okay." She replied.

"Sungmi!" Yeonrin screamed taking a step forward. And on instinct, Amy and Chen took a huge step back. Chen could sense the girl getting into crazy mode, so he interlocked his arm with Amy's. Amy didn't even blink an eye because she felt safe in his arms (as cheesy as that sounds).

"Yes?" Amy calmly replied.

"UGH. YOU LITTLE . YOU'RE JUST USING CHEN FOR MONEY." She screamed. "CHEN, COME TO ME, I'LL LOVE YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE."

Amy was about to burst when Chen exploded first. "How dare you call Sungmi that word?! I will not come to you and security! Take her away!"

Guards quickly came and took the screaming girl away. "NO. I WILL COME BACK. WATCH OUT LEE SUNGMI!!!"

Amy was left standing with Chen in front of her. She was about to just break down and cry. Yeonrin... Even the name made her mad.

"Sungmi?" Chen turned around and held her shoulders. "Do you want to talk about it? I mean if you don't want to..."

"I guess I'll tell you. And Jongdae..."

Chen's heart fluttered at the sound of his real name.

"Thanks..." She softly said. "Thanks..." Tears were threatening to spill out.

Chen didn't care anymore and just embraced her. He rubbed her head and patted her back. "It'll be okay..." He repeated. "I'm here..."

Amy nodded into his chest and just didn't care anymore. After a while, she sniffled and moved away, still holding onto his shirt. Chen took her to an empty area and they sat on a bench. He wiped her tears gently with his sleeve and Amy felt worn out, pathetic.

"Don't think that..." Chen said, knowing what she was thinking about. "You're not what she called you. I'll rather hang out with you then her any day."

"Really?" Amy said, looking up at him. Her head was in the crook of his neck.

Chen inwardly cooed at how cute she looked. But answered earnestly. "Really."

Amy pulled away and sat up straight. "I guess I will tell you about my past."

Chen looked at her. "Are you sure?"

Amy nodded. "I'm sure."

"Here's what happened..."

------------

Hi guys! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and the next one will explain everything (well mostly everything) about Amy's past. This chapter is a bit short, but I wanted to post something before it got to the weekdays. During the weekdays school happens, so I really only get to work on AFF on the weekends. Again, I included some EXO puns, so find them all~

{Song: History by EXO K/ EXO M}

See you soon,

Lynn