vii. a talk on...

pâro
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi felt bad about just walking out like that. She tells herself over and over again that it was only natural that someone would act that way towards such a situation, but somehow the guilt was killing her. First thing when she returns to the dorm, she thought that the first thing she should do is apologize—to Joy, to Yeri and to Wendy, for behaving in such a manner.

Her mild sadness could be seen in the way she walked; shoulders slumped ever so slightly and with her feet dragging along the pavement. Then, it occurs to her that she should have made one more phone call right before Yeri and Joy arrived. She dug into her pocket for her phone, and scrolled through the contacts about two times before finding the name that she intended to call— Wheein’s.

She pressed the phone to her ear and chewed on the corner of her lower lip while listening to the ringing that went on for about a good twenty seconds. Then, a familiar voice, sweet as ever, answered from the other end of the line, “Seulgi, honey, good morning. Is anything the matter?”

Seulgi heaved a sigh, and then brought a hand up to scratch on her cheek while, at the same time, explaining her current situation to the upperclassman. “See, my roommate Wendy is sick— I don’t think I’ll be able to make it in the afternoon because she’s literally crazy sick… and hungover, too. Nobody will take care of her if I go, and I don’t think it’d be smart to leave her alone again because who knows what’ll happen if I do leave her again; she might do even more stupid things. So I sure hope you understand.” She blithered for a time, but successfully got her point across.

Wheein laughed very faintly, initially confusing Seulgi. “Is there something wrong, Wheein…?” Seulgi inquired, looking around at the same time to make sure she was still on the right track, on the way to the drugstore.

“It’s nothing, honey, just— yeah, I’m sure the team will understand. Take care of your little girlfriend for now.”

Seulgi froze, and then furrowed her brows, the entirety of her expression transitioning into a scowl. “She’s not my girlfriend!” She responded, sounding a little too defensive. Wheein’s laughter exploded yet again, only further flustering Seulgi.

“Whatever you say, darling. But if the two of you end up together, Moonbyul and I called it.” Then, abruptly, Wheein ended the call, leaving Seulgi taken aback by the whole topic in general. She blinked in profuse before shoving her phone back into her pocket, her lips twisting into a small pout as her mind started to dwell around the topic.

Wendy, in general, isn’t girlfriend material, Seulgi thought. But at the same time, the level in which she cared for her roommate couldn’t be denied as well— Seulgi was practically alien to the idea of relationships in that sense, since her last relationship (which was surprisingly with a boy) ended in absolute ruins. She never really thought that anybody would take her relationship with Wendy to be something of that stage. Sure, they were close, and Wendy was as clingy as ever, to Seulgi’s distaste at first— but she grew comfortable with it, slowly but surely. In fact, sometimes she’d be the one to initiate them. Wendy, undeniably, had that sort of effect on her.

While mulling over those types of thoughts, she had already reached the drugstore. She entered, greeting the person manning the cashier on impulse before fully walking over to the counter. Her gaze scanned over the variety of medicine that was displayed on various shelves.

~*~

“It was pretty smart, though— it’s a weekend, so she doesn’t have any excuse not to stay in and take care of your sick little .” Yeri murmured, reaching over to lay her hand over Wendy’s forehead, but immediately jerking it away once she feels how hot her skin is in actuality. “But you might’ve overdone it. You better be better by Monday, lover boy.”

Wendy scowled, “I’m a girl, Yeri.” She whined, and then pulled the blanket over her face. If it wasn’t for the fact that Yeri and her have grown mighty close over the few weeks (they found that they were in three classes together, and didn’t share it with the rest of their little group), then she would have already punched the younger girl’s shoulder, no matter how weak she was at that moment due to her fever.

This was the side of Wendy that she was only able to open up to Yeri. Smart gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter