v. little talks

pâro
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A light knock was heard on the door, startling both Wendy and Seulgi. They were not expecting any guests, and it was way past the curfew for the dorm, so they had not the slightest idea who could be disturbing their peace as late as ten o’clock in the evening. They both raked away their gazes from the television (which was their only source of light at that moment), shared a look.

“You go—“

They said simultaneously. It seems that watching the marathon of scary movies one of local channels provided wasn’t exactly a good idea. Wendy’s gaze intensified, and Seulgi was, of course, beaten. She stood up from being sprawled across the couch and made small steps towards the door. She was definitely scared, though there wasn’t really anything to be afraid of.

She stood behind the door as she turned the knob and pulled it open, hiding how she was only clad in a t-shirt and basketball shorts. “Who’s the—“

Her query was cut off by a hand to . Seulgi, who was surprised, widened her eyes. Her shoulders tensed up and it was as if her whole life was flashing before her eyes—but that was just her being dramatic, as always. Once she fully processed what, or rather who, was in front of her, she could feel herself relaxing back onto her heels.

“If anyone finds out we’re here, we’ll all get busted.” It was Joy, little Yeri close behind her, shifty eyes looking around, cautious of anyone who could be approaching. Seulgi knit her brows together, and proceeded to send a light shove onto Joy’s shoulder, swatting her hand away from at the same time.

“What are you guys doing here, then?” Seulgi’s voice was very hush, and was therefore imperceptible on Joy’s end.

“What?” The sound of Joy’s voice increased just ever so slightly in volume, as she leaned in slightly to be able to hear Seulgi even clearer, head turning so that her ear would face the owner of the dorm room.

“I said—“

Once again, Seulgi was cut off by Joy’s much bigger frame crashing into hers, pushing her further into the room. This was because Yeri was pushing Joy from behind after seeing that somebody, perhaps somebody on patrol, was on their way up the stairs. “Just let us in, please!” Yeri sang very faintly, closing the door quietly behind her. “We have ice cream anyway.”

Joy gave Seulgi a sheepish smile, and held up a plastic bag with a huge tub of ice cream inside. Seulgi was flustered, of course, not knowing how her uptight roommate would like having the two come over. She gave a crooked smile at the two visitors before turning on her heel, slowly so, dragging her feet along the floor.

“Uh, Wendy…” Seulgi murmured in a breath, holding her hand up behind her back to indicate the two to stop from following her any further.

Wendy arched a brow in response, head tilting to the side as she looked away from the television and onto the obviously anxious girl instead, “yeah? Who was it?”

“Uh, well…” Seulgi fidgeted with her fingers, and then turn her head to look over the two who were hiding behind the wall of the hallway, eventually heaving a sigh as she beckoned them over. Wendy blinked as the two figures emerged from the hallway, and her expression was somewhat vague and undecipherable for Seulgi.

 “Wendy, you’ve met Joy…” She paused, gesturing at the taller girl, who gave Wendy a somewhat obviously teasing grin, “and this is her roommate. Yeri. She’s a sophomore.” She pointed a hand at Yeri, who gave a small nod of acknowledgement, her high pigtails bouncing slightly over her shoulders. “They have ice cream!” Seulgi tried to sound enthusiastic as she announced that, and the two guests played along— Joy holding up the plastic bag and Yeri making jazz hands out of nowhere.

Wendy gazed at the three as if they were complete nutjobs. She shifted on the couch to sit up, crossing her arms underneath her chest as if she was thinking of how she’d respond to the situation entirely. She heaves a lengthy sigh, and then gazes over at the television for a brief moment. “Depends,” her lips curve into a small smile, and Seulgi feels all sorts of relieved inside, “what flavor is the ice cream?”

“There are two tubs. One is strawberry, the other is chocolate.” Joy declared, already making her way towards the couch, teasingly getting comfortable and even snuggling close to Wendy. In response, Wendy scowls, pushing the much taller girl away with both hands. From the sidelines, Yeri and Seulgi watch in amusement, both stifling the giggles threatening to seep past their lips. They feel each other holding back, and thus turn their heads in sync to look at each other, silly smiles on their lips.

“Seulgi, get spoons.” Wendy commanded, to which Seulgi immediately obeyed, turning on her heel to head to the kitchen. “And you… Yeri, right? Get your roommate off of me. Please.” Her tone was all too serious to not follow. And so the younger girl scurries over and grabs Joy by the arm, tugging her away from Wendy.

“Get off of Wendy unnie!” She squeaked, and Joy only cackled in response, putting more of her weight onto Wendy to prevent Yeri from fully raking her away.

“Wait, wait, wait, wait, hold on.” Wendy gives Joy one very strong shove, successfully pushing her away. “Did you just call me unnie?” She sits up straight and looks at Yeri, only noticing at that moment how childlike Yeri looked in actuality, after giving her a once over.

“Y-yes!” Yeri mindlessly stuttered, shaking her head slightly. It was on topics like these that she grew flustered. “I mean, you probably are—Joy’s my unnie too… I started school early and skipped a year… yeah.” She bit her lower lip and averted her gaze someplace else, and Wendy could feel the discomfort of the younger girl when talking about the topic, and therefore she no longer did pry.

“Alright then, Yeri. Come sit next to me.” Wendy utters in a tone which is somewhat sweet, which has got Joy scoffing.

“Hey, why don’t you treat me like that, too?” Joy in, but scooted away from Wendy at the same time, giving space for Yeri to sit next to Wendy.

“Because you’re annoying.” Wendy deadpanned, but gave Yeri a smile as the girl plopped herself in between the two, tensing up slightly once Wendy’s fingers come in contact with her hair. Wendy twirled her finger around the long pigtail, a quiet snort sounding from . “And besides, Yeri’s cute, unlike you.”

Joy parted her lips, about to respond, but was cut off by a spoon being waved at her face and Seulgi giving her an expression, as if saying that she shouldn’t even attempt to retaliate anymore, for it’d be futile. The younger girl got the message from Seulgi’s gaze alone, and therefore heaved a defeated sigh, grasping the spoon in her hand.

Seulgi gave Joy a cheeky smile, a small chuckle seeping past her lips as she gave out the spoons one by one, before sitting down next to Wendy, and then checking what was playing on the television. In contrast to the horror movies playing not too long ago, it seems that Wendy had flipped through channels and found a romantic comedy film, which she guessed just begun.

The tub of strawberry ice cream was passed over to Wendy, who placed it on her lap. She took off the lid and proceeded to scoop up spoonfuls, feeding herself in large portions one bite after the other. Seulgi only fed herself very often, as her atten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter