Call Me Baby

DANGEROUSLY ENAMORED


I'll hug you, and won't change.

 

Waking up alone, Jongin rolled on his back. He stared at the ceiling for a moment before running his hands on his face and muttering a curse.

 

He went out of his room and absentmindedly scratches his belly under his black sleeveless shirt while going down the stairs. When he's few steps on the ground, the smell of bacon, and fried eggs hits his nose and by instinct, he turned his head towards the direction of the kitchen.

And Jongin saw him there. Do Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo had his back facing Jongin, his shirt a bit loose, obviously it's one Jongin owns. His sweatpants longer, inches skimming the floor, another Jongin's. And he is in barefeet and looks homey. And Jongin can't help but be warmed. Gone is his frown and his looks immediately softens at the sight of Kyungsoo who got so focused in his cooking that he didn't noticed Jongin round the living room to pick up his slippers.

Only then when Jongin slides a hand around Kyungsoo's waist that the latter jolted from surprise. He tilts his head to his side to look at Jongin who leans to kiss his shoulder.

Before Kyungsoo could say a word, Jongin turned him so he's facing him and without a word, Jongin went down on his knees and lifts Kyungsoo's foot to his slippers one after another.

"You should wear this around. The floor is cold." He said.

"But---" Kyungsoo retorts slightly pulling his ankle away but Jongin's grip just tightens as he puts it into the other pair.

"You slip these away, I'll carry you around." He warned.

"These are yours..."

"And?"

"Then what about you? What'll---"

"Don't worry 'bout me. I can manage." Jongin answered as he stood up.

"But--"

"What are you making?" Jongin asked, standing beside him dangerously close

"Bacon, eggs, you okay with that?"

"Yeah."

" 'Kay."

"Thought you left..." He told Kyungsoo but his stare is turned towards the seaweed soup boiling in front of him.

"Sorry I didn't mean to stay, I just--"

"No. You still don't get it. I thought you left, again. I was really annoyed and then I see you here, in my kitchen, making breakfast, and it just instantly lift my heart up."

 

~|||~

Oh swoon!

Kyungsoo was thoroughly swoon by Jongin's utterance. His heart ricocheting against his rib cage and his belly had this whoosh going on and he can't find his speech. Yet he didn't appear quaked on the outside at all. So when Jongin hadn't heard a reply from him, the former then turned to his side to see him. And if there's any clue that Jongin affected him at all, it's his face that burns bright and his ears that he feels completely tinted with the color of his embarrassment. And he knew Jongin noticed all of these that he didn't have to look back at him to see his lips twitching or even grinning.

Sure Kyungsoo knew Jongin is kind of an intense man. Damn if what that man did to him last night wasn't enough of a proof. Damn more if his exhaustion from satiating that man's appetite isn't saying it all.

What's knew to him is that this Jongin who acts sweet, and cute, and wants to be spoiled at the same time.

They were back together again for only a month, the moment they met again a month ago, they already connected. Like they knew instantly what to do, like it was supposed to happen like that. So they never really had a proper conversation, so to say. They meet up, sometimes eat outside or in each others' places, they exchange emailsand texts; they call each other and most when they're together, they fed for what the hell they missed for three  years. Three years ago when Kyungsoo left to go to US for his mom. Three years ago when what's between Jongin and him is as vague as the color of gray. Three years ago, they were in a different kind of intense and in a different kind of pace. This time, no one's in a hurry. The two of them are taking one step at a time and they're taking their time.

That is why Kyungsoo doesn't particularly know what to do when he slept in and over Jongin's place. Usually he would leave soon as the morning comes, whether or not Jongin is already awake or not. And he does it reluctantly. But this morning, he just felt disheartened to leave. Not when Jongin was sleeping peacefully by his side, not when his arm was draped across his bod. Not when he looks devastatingly handsome under the morning sun; and so grabbing one of Jongin's shirts, he went downstairs and decided to make breakfast before leaving.

Can't he make this day a pass? It's Jongin's birthday afterall.

That is why when Jongin brought up the issue that he stayed, he thought Jongin feels indifferent about it, yet again the man surprised him by confessing those words he said just now.

His thoughts were cut when he felt Jongin pulling him by his side. By that, he found himself sat on the counter with Jongin's palms resting on his either side.

They stare at each other for a while.

Jongin was the first to break when he closes his eyes as he sighs.

"I see you still don't get it." He said looking back at Kyungsoo.

"Get what?"

"This is way too slow. I'm doing this with my pace now." Jongin said while leaning closer to Kyungsoo, kissing one of his collarbone.

"Jongin..."

"Come live with me." Jongin proposes.

This isn't the first time Jongin asked Kyungsoo to live in with him. And Kyungsoo skips a beat everytime Jongin says it. But he needs to be on guard. From what? He didn't know it too. Just that, he isn't prepared for that kind of situation. He feels scared for that kind of change or for the kind of change it will bring between them.

"Come live with me, Kyungsoo-ah." Jongin repeated.

"No."

Kyungsoo felt Jongin's body tensed a little.

"You will. You'll live with me Kyungsoo." He said between his kisses.

"J-Jongin, the bacon will burn..." Kyungsoo managed to say when he can't get anywhere as Jongin leans forward, kissing him more.

"Let 'em burn." His hand now on Kyungsoo's lower back, ha adds before he kisses back, "I have some persuading that I need to do."

 

~|||~

"I don't get it!" Jongin hisses after another curse.

"Already said that." Sehun calmly replied back, now leaning on the cushioned chair, his milk tea not really from the cafe they're currently at.

"What's so bad about living in together?"

"I don't know."

"I mean if he's talking about me being messy, I can do some cleaning if I really wanted to."

"Yeah."

"And technically, we're already like living together, I sleep at Kyungsoo's place when he's not sleeping in mine."

"Yeah."

"So what's the big deal if he just transfer his things in my place?"

"I don't know."

"I don't think it'll change anything between us."

"Yeah."

"What the hell Sehun, I shouldn't be talking to you. I was like talking in some Talking Friend Game App."

To that Sehun just shrug and quietly took another sip from his bubble tea.

"Whatever. Thanks for listening man, I really need to go. I was late this morning and I'll out early at evening so you better be present later at my party."

"Yeah, yeah."

 

~|||~

"He just doesn't get it." Kyungsoo starts as he eats lunch with Junmyeon.

He and the latter guy go way back then. And whenever each of them has issues, they do confide into each other. And Junmyeon, being the CEO of the largest Entertainment talent agency of the country, doesn't really had anything to blur their friendship. If there is any, that would probably complicate their relationship, it was whenever Junmyeon would try to make a move towards Kyungsoo in more than a friend should be--- but that was all in the past. Now he knows Kyungsoo is so in love with Jongin who happens to be his cousin. And he knows how his cousin loves Kyungsoo a lot too. He has never seen anything more intense than what the two share when they are together. And by that, he is happy for them.

"Tell me," Junmyeon answers softly.

"I just think that living together is not necessary."

"Why? 'think it'll be bad?"

"No. I mean, we know each other so well that nothing could turn bad, and that's the point."

"I think you're scared."

"I think I'm scared. Because I'm so contented with what we have right now. We were like living in together but not really but it's okay. We're committed and everything."

"Then what's wrong?"

"Junmyeon, I don't know. The whole thing about being in the same house at Jongin, what if it gets too much comfortable for me? I'm already so happy with us. I'm so scared about the new things to be addicted with Jongin when we are to live together."

"Why don't you just give it a try and then when it turns bad, you can always ask for a breather."

"You think so?"

"Yeah. Besides today's his birthday, give him a present."

"Yeah, thanks. You're going tonight right?"

"Yeah, Jongin would go crazy if you don't attend his party."

"I know. And I've just been in his few, and it's all crazy."

"Let me remind you it's crazier if it's his birthday."

"Noted."

 

~|||~
 

Kyungsoo went upstairs for the VIP area of the club, just as he is in the top staircase, he knew it's no ordinary party. The whole area was reserved. It always was. This club is one of the hotels and clubs that the Kim Group of Companies owned. It's luxurious and more restricted. He almost knew all the few chosen people on the floor. Apparently, though Jongin is a party-goer, he is unusually reserved in his birthday, inviting only his closest friends.
 

Then the lights at the area turned off. And people starts singing the birthday song. Kyungsoo hasn't been long there enough to see where Jongin was but he started singing too anyway.
 

What he didn't understand is why the cake and candlelights are going his way. He steps back and it's still going straight to him. He almost forgot that if he took another step, then he's back at the staircase. Before that happens, he felt a hand at his lower back, he knew it's Jongin's before he turned his head to him.

"Happy birthday." Jongin said to him.

Then he finally gets it. Jongin wanted to celebrate his birthday with him. His is three days ago, January 12 and Jongin's January 15. He made it clear before he doesn't want a party for his birthday, Jongin reluctantly complied and now he found himself having a double birthday party celebration.

So that's why his wanted to do all this by himself. Oh well, Kyungsoo doesn't have anything to do but to enjoy.

Just as when Kyungsoo thought Jongin can't be sneaky enough, he froze the moment he heard a live performance and found his top idol Luhan singing on stage. 

"D-damn."

Jongin laughs at Kyungsoo's utterance and wraps his arms around the shorter guy's waist.

"I just learned that he's back in Korea, and you kind of love him next to me, so I ask Junmyeon-hyung, he's his talent."

"Oh... wow... uh... geez."

"Come live with me." Jongin said, his breath warm against Kyungsoo's ear.

Kyungsoo can't help but sigh. Jongin chuckled a bit.

"Can you not persuade me more? You're making me say yes."

 




hello! it's been so long since i visited my account. i'm very sorry. it's 'cuz i can't take some time off work, it's audit season here so we're working like machines to meet the deadlines.
hope you guys are doing great! i promise to update sooner, so thank you so much for the subs and upvotes, for others who haven't read it's prequel, try reading dangerously addicted before starting this one :) have a lovely day / night ^^~

 

np: Call Me Baby by EXO