Promises (Jongdae)

A Collection of Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She wasn't much for promises. They were the kind of words said but never quite carried out, empty bonds weighing heavily on their tongues then projected into thin air. It wasn't until Jongdae came into her life like a breath of fresh air, awaking her from her distrustful daze that seemed to cloud around her entire being. His smile set a dull flame ablaze in her heart, his touch scorching her skin and his voice the most beautiful dulcet melody she had ever heard.


He was too trustworthy. Never one to bar an eye at other's words because he only saw the good in people and hoped they would do the same for him. When Jongdae met her, he saw a side of people that he had long ago closed himself off to. The cold lonely side that made his heart ache in an odd way that he wasn't used to and he wondered, what made him open his eyes for her?


They were opposites but so perfect for each other that it was surreal. They filled in the missing pieces of each other, some they didn't even know we're lost and many they were just discovering. Everyday was a learning experience and an adventure that never seemed to have an ending but passed seamlessly in a blur of blind affection.


When there were problems, they had different methods of handling then. While she preferred silence to help her sort through her thoughts and collect her mind, he was persistent in getting things figured out quickly. 'Bad feelings shouldn't have time to sit and fester, it's unhealthy.' He sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter