Chapter 3

Amnesia

-Mark's POV-

        I heard the news about Jackson getting into an accident in the intersection in front of his dorm. I rushed to the hospital to see him, I prayed he was ok, and i blame myself for what happened to him. If he died, i don't know what'd i do.

        When i reached the hospital, i rushed inside, tears were already streaming down my face, and i could feel myself start to sweat do to the stress that was building up inside of me. I wanted to quickly find Jackson's room, but doctors rushed around, shouting orders at one another. I tried to weave my way through the crowd of doctors and people who were there to see loved one's, but i NEEDED to find Jackson.

        I finally reached the counter, my heart was racing as a girl looked up at me, "May i help you sir?" She asked, concern in her voice as she saw my current state of distraught. 
        "Did a patient come through here by the name of Jackson Wang?" I managed to choke out through tears and heavy breathing.

        The lady searched through a file of recent arrivals, "Ah yes....room 203, but the doc--"
        I didn't give her a chance to finish her sentence, as i was already running down the hall. My heart started to beat faster and faster as i passed room after room. I didn't want to know what kind of state Jackson was in, and i didn't know if i could handle it but... i just wanted to see him and know if he was alive or dead.

        I stopped right in my tracks as i saw the dreadful room...room 203. I stared at the room number, for what seems like an eternity. So many thoughts rushed into my head as i thought about what to say and do. My breathing quickened as my heart rate went through the roof. I was scared...i wanted to turn and run away and never look back, but i knew i had to see Jackson. It was my fault he was in here and i owed him my everything at this point.

        My hands shook and i reached out to grab the door knob. I gasp as i took a firm hold of the door knob and started to turn it. I knew there was no turning back once i get the door open. I cracked the door and tried not to look directly inside the room, i didn't know exactly what was waiting for me.

        I put my hand over my mouth to hold back a cry of dismay and disbelief as i saw Jackson laying on the hospital bed....motionless. I began to cry even more as i slowly approached the bed. My feet dragging and my knees weak from sadness and pain. Emotionally, i was dead...i couldn't ever seeing myself happy again...not while Jackson was dead or dying. I got half-way to his bed and noticed that an oxygen mask covered his mouth and nose, supplying him with much needed oxygen.

        Needles that were connected to bags of fluids stuck out of both of his arms, supplying his body with fluids that were possibly keeping him alive at this point. Seeing him in this condition really took it's toll on my emotional state...i wish it was me laying on the hospital bed, not Jackson. He did nothing to deserve this...i did everything to deserve it though.

        When i reach the side of his hospital bed, his eyes were closed. He chest heaved up and down in slow breaths. I fell to my knees beside his bed and cried again. I've never cried so hard in my life before. Soon, i couldn't cry anymore, all my tears had dried up, leaving my eyes puffy and red. I wiped my face and looked Jackson...looking oh so peaceful.

        "Jackson..." i managed to choke out through sniffles and tears, "Jackson you gotta make it, you have to pull through this. Don't die on me...i love you."

        Just then, the door to the room opened and i turned to see who it was. The doctor was standing in the door way.

        "Who might you be?" The doctor asked as i stood up.

        "I'm Mark....Jackson's boyfriend..." I told him

        The doctor approached the desk that sat on the other end of the room, "Well Mark...do you want the good news...or the bad news?"

        "Good news!" I answered, getting my own hopes up.

        The doctor turned around and faced me, "The good news is that Jackson will make it...he'll live."

        Just then, i surge of happiness arose in me, i suddenly found myself smiling.

        "Now the bad news..." The doctor's words cut through me like a thousands blades.

        Just then, my smile immediately dropped and any happiness i felt withered away instantly.

        The doctor sighed and took off his glasses, seeing my sudden mood change, he couldn't look me in the eyes, "The bad news is that Jackson is in a coma...he could be in it anywhere from a few days, to weeks, to even months. The accident was pretty severe so he's lucky to even be alive. Luckily no bones are broken...just a fractured rib and a head injury."

        I just stood there...letting all the words he had just told me sink in. A coma? A...coma~? A COMA?! Jackson was going to be in a coma because if me?! I can't believe what i've done. I would crying again right now if i hadn't cried all my tears away moments earlier. I fell to my knees, covering my face and leaning forwards. I let out a cry of agony as it was the only thing i could manage to do at the moment.

        The doctor came over and knelt down beside me, his arm went over my shoulder and rubbed my back in a comforting manner. I found myself leaning into him, i was in so much emotional distress to care anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        That night i found myself sitting beside Jackson's hospital bed, i held his hand and prayed for him to come back to me again. I looked at the clock, it read 11:43pm. It was late, and my eyes were heavy and puffy with tiredness but i didn't want to sleep. I wanted to be here if Jackson woke up. I wanted to be the first one he saw. I wanted to be the first one to say 'I'm sorry'.

        I rubbed my eyes and sat back in the chair. I stared at Jackson for a good long while, the room was dimly lit and the only sounds i could hear was the ticking of the clock and the soft breathing coming from Jackson's breathing machine. He looked so peaceful...yet i knew he wasn't at peace. He was fighting a war...a war within himself...and depending on which side won, it could mean life or death for the only man i ever truly loved.