Chapter 2

Caught up in the Middle

That saturday was a drag, my hangover killed and I was too broke to buy any paracetamol so I just kept on with endless cups of herbal tea. I went for a walk in the park around midday and funnily enough, I see Chanyeol and I think a couple of members from the EXO clique, I could see the sparkle in his eyes from this distance. He noticed me within a few seconds, then he made an exaggerated shocked face nudging to his friends and I started laughing. I began to walk towards him, as he did me.

'Hi' I said.

'Hello my queen, did you get home safely?' He replied.

'Mmmm, hangover killed earlier, but it's getting better'

'You should try to take care of yourself don't go over the top with things, everything in moderation'

'For me it's either all or nothing'

'So, you must be smitten with me huh?' He did aeygo.

'I barely know you, Chanyeol' I paused ' you must be one desperate fellow'

'Please, please...call me Chanyeolie'

'Chanyeolie huh? That is not a very manly nickname.'

'If I'm honest - between you and me -' he leaned in towards me and whispered in my ear, ' I'm not a very manly person'

'Someone with ears as big as your's couldn't possibly be manly'

He squished my nose.

'Ahh but, someone with a nose as big as your's couldn't possibly be indifferent'

I made a funny face so that I had a erted smile double chin and the largeness of my nose was amplified. Chanyeolie laughed, an intense laugh he clapped his hand and stomped his foot.

'Have you seen Sehun lately?' I asked.

'I thought you liked me now?'He replied with general confusion.

'He owes me money and I'm broke'

'Ahh no but I was thinking, do you want to watch the stars tonight?' I must have looked hesitant because he grabbed me around the waist and pulled me towards him whilst stepping on my foot, oh wow chanyeolie.

'Owww, my foot you stepped on it' I scowled.

He hauled me up so that he was carrying me.

'I guess I'll have to carry you home then'

'Motherer' I mumbled.

 

After persisted pushing and pulling he still wouldn't let me go every now and then he just said 'my girl doesn't walk'. The stares I got from nosy people were the worst so I just gave up the pushing and pulling and hid my face in his chest. This was very embarrassing Chanyeolie. After what seemed like forever we finally reached my home, I think I gained two kinds of respect for chanyeol, first he must be strong to have carried myself all this way, impressive. Second, he was very happy with himself and indifferent with much else as he didn't look the slightest embarrassed he grinned his comical grin of joy. As he put me down I sniffed his arm.

'Ali, what are you doing?' He asked.

'I like the way you smell and I want to get my last whiff' I grinned.

He seemed not to care.

'I'll be here at 6:30' he smiled he watched me walk in unlike sehun who would have just walked away. I haven't even started on my homework.

 

After enslaving for three hours on my homework I just about gave up. I sat on the sofa and went to another universe.

 

KNOCK, KNOCK.

 

it was 6:30.I got up and answered the door.

'I'll let you in but give me 15 minutes to get ready'

'Ali we need to get there in time to see the stars at the brightest,'

I quickly showered brushed my teeth then dressed, put some make up on, actually that took me 10 minutes. I came out and Chanyeol was eagerly watching something on TV.

'Chanyeolie let's go' I wacked him on the head. He got up dazed as I ushered him out the door, I locked up and we left.

'What made you say, looking at the stars couldn't we watch a movie or something?' I asked.

'It's the best thing to do at this time of night'

'If you say so' we walked in silence to I don't know where. We went through some shady paths climbed up a few fences until we got to a rooftop.

'Close your eyes ali'

I closed them

'What is this now?'

'Wait for it....ok ok now you can open' chanyeol had turned me so I was facing the right way to see the night sky.

'Motherer,'I paused, 'I have never seen this many stars in the sky, '

Chanyeol laughed at my reaction, his y laugh.

'Why are you laughing? I don't do much leave me' I complained

'That's all going to change from now on,'

'No I enjoy my relaxing life'

'Relaxation+Chanyeol=the opposite of relaxation=excitement'

'You have to much happy energy for me I'm supposed to be a boss '

'Ahh now what does that have to do with me'

'You make me--' I was cut short.

'Fancy meeting you here' said sehun.

'Ah the infamous OH Sehun, why are you here' I scowled, I was having a nice moment with Chanyeol and this had to it up, he looked hot though.

'I wanted to look at the stars Chanyeol showed me this spot ages ago but I didn't know you'd be here' he said with his devilish smile. Son of a . I was just about to give him a piece of my mind when Chanyeol put his hand on my shoulder.

'Sehun, you are kind of interrupting something' chanyeol said.

'What am I interrupting?' He said grinning.

I stood up.'That's it I'm outta here, you're pissing me off Sehun'

Sehun stood up and blocked my way, I tried to hit him he swerved, well this guy just kept on developing new talents didn't he. Chanyeol stood up.

'Why are you doing this Sehun?' He said.

Sehun looked at him with disgust then back at me.

'Sehun, will you please excuse me!?' I said.

Sehun amused by my politeness stepped aside.

I walked away, I turned back and saw chanyeol following me, so I ran for around 3 minutes straight I was not up for this.

 

I finally reached my door and sat at the step panting, I put my head in my hands as I caught my breath.

'I reckon I saved you back there,' Sehun said.

I looked up at his cheeky face, what the actual .

'Sehun, are you alright, in your head.'

'I though you didn't like him,'he smirked.

'Things change'

'There's also the matter of...'He went silent.

'The matter of what you crazy bastard' I shook him violently.

He put his head in his hands, serious Sehun, back away slowly something is really wrong I was slowly unlocking the door as he said.

'...me being in love with you' he said hoarsely.

I froze, my life had suddenly become more complicated. I finally turned around to see a vulnerable Sehun for the first time I sat on my step again and patted the space beside me and he came and sat there.

'Why didn't you tell me this beforehand?'

'Didn't know what to say' he mumbled.

I picked up his drooping head from his chin.

'Don't be embarrassed, I like this Sehun' I smiled

'You do?' His head lifted quizzically.

'Yeah I mean, when we first met it was cool to hang out with bad boy Sehun, but recently you have been turning into mean and stupid Sehun'

'Really'

'When you invited me to the party, I was shocked because I thought our friendship had died out already but my crush hadn't died out so it didn't matter, I came anyway.'

'I'm sorry, I made you feel this way, I won't ever do it again, I thought you liked me like that so I tried to impress you'

'Well, it's too late now' I said bluntly

'What?'

'I like Chanyeol'

'But you liked me first' he whimpered and rested his head on my shoulder.

'I felt a connection with him at the party and today made me realise it wasn't just the booze'

Sehun removed his head from my shoulder.

'You have known him two days'

'Then you tell me is he a good guy or is he not?' Sehun didn't reply, he only stared into the distance.

'Chanyeol is romantic and funny, his eyes sparkle when he sees me and he smells GOOOOD'

'He's also 6 years older than you!' He sniggered.

I shot him a death look.'You are still two years older than me.'

There was silence for a while till Sehun asked, 'why don't you smell me?'

I grabbed his arm and he looked at me suspiciously I pulled a weird face and he just rolled his eyes and looked away, not without letting out a little smile. I took a deep breath.

'You smell like weed, cigarettes and popcorn' I said.

'No points there huh?'

And then I did something I would probably, scratch that definitely regret. I leaned my head on his arm, obviously he didn't argue and instead put his arm around me. My eyelids were heavy. So my mind went away.

 

I woke up on top of my bed in the same clothes barely recollecting what had happened the night before to my phone ringing.

'What Helen' I answered.

'Heeeyyy I got some things to tell you about what happened since the party.'

'No . Well I also go some things to tell you. Want to meet at the chicken and chip shop, I am starving I don't remember eating since yester-yesterday.'

' See you in half an hour '. She hung up. I clambered myself out of bed and got ready for this encounter making myself look decent but still not approachable if you were a timid young child. I saw helen sitting eating some chicken I waved and ordered some myself.

 

Once I had my chicken I sat down. 'So you ed Kai what else?' I asked daringly.

'He asked me out, and yeah we are dating now happy as could be. STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT' she hid her face.

'Did you...' I made a left and right motion with my hands and pushed my tongue to the side of my mouth.

'Well-y-ye-yeah. He was veryyyy grateful' she smirked.

'You dirty little cow! Well anyway I need to tell you some things' I then proceeded to repeat the events of the past two nights.

'You have the dudes dropping at your feet girl,' she laughed.

I threw a chicken bone at her and said, ' Yes, yes I'm gorgeous everyone knows now what should I do?'

'You could keep toying with them and guarantee them both walking away from you OR you could choose one'

'How am I supposed to choose, I should choose chanyeol he's been nice to me from the start but we barely know each other but sehun...'

She stopped me in my speech and looked me dead in the eye,'You need to one of them' I gasped as she continued 'any of them it doesn't matter if the works you stick with him - if it doesn't you swerve that er!'

'I don't want to play Chanyeol, obviously it would be him because if I did sehun I'd never hear the last of it, I have heard many stories of ''his ex'' '

Helen just shrugged and ate some more chicken I sighed.

 

I was on my way home and sitting at my doorstep was exactly the man I wanted to see The Park Chanyeol himself. He looked up lost as I neared him as if he had planned on saying something.

'I think you'd better come in' I said. I closed the door behind him and felt him standing dangerously near to me I turned suddenly.

'I heard you were with Sehun yesterday'

' whatsit to ya '

' I thought something was going on between us, don't you feel the same' he looked at me with those mesmorising eyes for so long I finally broke away. I neared him we were so close I could feel his breath on me a warm inviting one, Helen's idea still fresh in my mind. I shook my head I couldn't I began to walk away but he grabbed my hands so tightly showing of his strength but I didn't flinch, he pulled me in and then kissed me disallowing me oxygen once again then finally he stopped planting soft kisses on my neck. I began moving towards my room. He paused. 'Are you sure he whispered in my ear'

'Yes' I replied. He continued kissing my neck and at once carried me in his arms I was so shocked I let out a yelp inside his mouth which seemed as though it would never leave mine or ever wanted to.

He threw me on his bed while he speedily stripped to his underwear, he must be a pro or something. He was so skinny, it worked for him though, flattering his elf like head. He started kissing my neck, even biting from time to time. Wait a second.

'W-w-w-wait!' I mumbled.

He pulled away from me face confused, ' Are you okay? Am I being to rough?'

Even when I was about to reject him he was still polite to me, it made me wonder why it couldn't be him. He was perfection.

'I can't do this, I'm sorry' I said as I got up and started putting on my clothes.

'Are you not ready? I can wait' He said coming closer to me.

'No. It's not you. I'm never going to be ready for you,' I said pushing him away, now fully clothed.

I felt the chill in my body pass through to his.

' It's him isn't it. ' He asked his voice deepening and becoming ultimately more y, my hormones were going insane but I finally knew what I wanted, I wasn't going to be swayed this easily.

'Yes. I like him a lot and I've realised that now. I'm sorry for this, I really am but we have only know each other for a little while. Did you really think we could go this far?' I said to him my impression one of dead seriousness.

He stood there mute staring into my eyes with a painful stare.

'Get out' I laid on my bed eyes closed to avoid his.

At first I heard no movement, but after what seemed like an eternity to me I heard the door shut. Chanyeol was a good guy, I would't forget him. I quickly dropped sehun a text 'meet you at the park in 5'. I threw some clothes on not really caring how I looked.

 

10 minutes later than we had agreed I arrived at the park.

'So you say 5minutes but you are the one that ends up late?'

'Don't mock me I was procrastinating because I have something to say to you'

'What is it then?' He said annoyed.

'It's you!' I shouted.

'What's meeee?' He teased.

'Are you going to make me say it?'

'Say what?' He said feigning innocence.

' I was going to do Chanyeol, but I couldn't, because I wanted you.' I whispered.

'What was that I didn't hear?' He said grinning.

'I want you.' I said deadpan.

He paused he didn't expect me to be so forthcoming Alanna 1 Sehun 0.

After thinking for a while he said nearing the distance between us,'I'm yours'

And in that moment I couldn't take it anymore I kissed him, just a quick peck, not like those guys at the party, I pulled away but he wasn't having it and dragged me back in working wonders with his mouth until he let me go, lips throbbing and took my hand.

'From here on out we are a unit my happiness is your happiness, my pain is your pain and yours mine. Are you ready?' He asked.

'Yes' I said smiling, finally rid of my mind and hearts confusion.