Mr. Decaf Latte

Mr. Mysterious

 

- One decaf latte coming right up! - she smiles at the new customer. She has never seen him around before. It's a small cafe, usually just filled with regular customers that come daily. This one is new. He smiles back at her, his smile charming and heartwarming. He slides her a small piece of paper over the counter.
She picks it up and looks at it.
- I'm sorry. What is this? - she looks at him questioningly as she doesn't know what the numbers on it mean. 
- My number. - he smiles, collects his order and walks out the door. 
She stands in her place, confused. ''His number?'' she thought to herself ''why would he give that to me?'' 
Her co-worker walks up to her and whispers teasingly:
- Someone has a crush on you ChaeRin unnie! 
- Oh shut it Minji! Maybe he's got me confused with someone else. - she crumples up the paper in her hand and shoots for the bin, scoring. - YES! Score! - she giggles to herself and serves the next customer. 

---

He holds the cup with both of his hands, warming them up against it. Cold morning. 
He looks back to look at the cafe and smiles to himself ''She's perfect'' 
He walks down the street, not hurrying to get to work, he still has time. Enjoying the cold weather as it bites at his nose.

He walks into the big glass building. 
The lady at the reception gives him a friendly smile:
- Morning SeungHyun - she bows slightly and he waves at her. 
Stepping into the elevator he looks at his watch. 9:15am. ''I'm late'' Seunghyun thinks to himself calmly, not really caring. As he steps out of the elevator, a young intern runs up to him and hands him a cup of coffee,
- Your decaf latte, just like every morning - he smiles.
- I already had mine this morning - SeungHyun smiles and shows him his almost empty cup - thank you, enjoy it yourself HanBin. 
The young intern bows slightly and smiles as he takes a sip. 
- All the papers are on your desk and everyone's already gathered for the meeting.... - HanBin speaks as they walk through the hallways, SeungHyun zones out, not listening to him anymore after the first two sentences, his mind is floating somewhere else. 
''Her beautiful smile... I wonder what her name is.... I wonder will she call me.... She has to. I mean... No woman has ever rejected me''