Mr Handsome

Undecided Crush

Your POV:

So what's worse than bumping into a hottie on the ice skating rink, Mr Handsome is your best friend's buddy. Mental note *avoid the ice skating rink* but I know it's impossible because it's gonna be the holidays which means more time for enjoyment and that means more time spent at the rink which also means I've to see Mr Handsome planting soft sweet kisses on his girlfriend's face while controlling myself and making sure I stay 1 metre away from her just so I don't rip their faces. Oh just my life already. "Hi I'm Junhoe, nice to meet you" he smiled politely as he extended his hand and I shook it lightly and tried to focus on the rest of the introductions and TRIED to memorise their names and faces(not easy). "Hi I'm Chanwoo" the last guy introduced and I looked at him, surprised, because that was so simple, he didn't say anything else about himself like the rest. Mental note *cold guy in the house!*

After they went back to the rink, Minah pulled me aside and asked "aren't they all cute? Have you laid your eyes on any yet? I think Chanwoo seems quite suitable for you, don't you think so?" And I just stared at her because I'm just wondering what my best friend was trying to do at that very moment. "Yes, no and definitely a no. He isn't my type, he's like ice, too cold, I need a sweater when I stand beside him. Actually I need a sweater even when I'm 10 metres away from him" we both started cracking up at my lame joke and people stared at us for a really really really long time because we were on the verge of crying and peeing our pants. We really do have bad sense of humour, no it's not bad actually, in fact it's terrible. "Ya, Chanwoo isn't that bad after you get to know him, he's just quiet, he can be quite warm, spend more time with him and I'm sure you'll see the 'real' him" she said as she looked me in the eye with such seriousness. "Min, can I ask you a question?" I looked at her suspiciously, "you already did" she said and I rolled my eyes at her."Ok, then let me ask you 2 questions" I asked while taking the seat next to her. "What's your motive for bringing me here today because I got a feeling, it isn't just as simple as wanting to spend more time with me since we spent this whole week together doing pointless stuff and I think it's a lot of time together which makes this outing kinda unnecessary" she looked at me with such seriousness that it sent a chill down my spine.

"You wanna hear the truth?" She asked and I nodded firmly.

She held my hand in hers and looked at me before saying, "I miss the old you which smiled so much, you say you are over him but you clearly are not. I've seen you looking at the photos you guys have taken from time to time and I know you haven't deleted his number and tried texting him a couple of times and I don't know whether it's the fatigue from trying or just your broken heart that robbed that beautiful, bright smile away and I really miss it. I wanna bring it back, that's why I introduced my buddies to you, I know they would never hurt you the way he did and even if they did, they would be castrated so technically, you'll be happy again and if you're happy, I'm happy too. And I'm sorry for just bringing you here and trying to set you up with one of them without your permission." She apologised and looked down at her feet as she released our hands. "Min, khamsaeyo. I'm really blessed to have you but I don't think I'm ready for it" I smiled and pulled her in for a hug. I knew where Min was coming from, she was right, ever since Jongshin sunbaenim and I broke up, I've started to lose my smiles and laughter. Min never said anything about that but I guess she started noticing too. How can she not right? Especially since she's my best friend. But I didn't like the fact that she wanted to have a blind date at this very rink for me with her buddies. They all seem very nice but it's just that, I'm not ready to plunge myself in another relationship, not without thinking of my last one and that's not fair to the person I'm dating. "Minah, your coach is here and she's looking for you" a voice came out of nowhere and startled the both of us. I looked in the direction of it and saw Chanwoo, Minah stood up and smiled at me, though the smile didn't reach her eyes, before leaving. I expected Chanwoo to leave after fulfilling his duty but he went to the vending machine and got a cup of coffee *doesn't he have a mouth to ask me* I thought and looked back down at my skates. "Here" I turned around and saw him passing me the cup to me. "O-oh th-thank you" I said, definitely not expecting that kind gesture. He took the seat next to me and we both sat there, feeling hella awkward. "Aren't you gonna drink something?" I asked as I broke the silence. He shook his head and looked at me, it seems like he was examining my face or something. "You...you look familiar" he said. "I get that a lot" I said and chuckled but he stayed silent, making the situation more awkward than what is had been earlier. "Sooo... I-" "I'm going back to the rink" he cut me off and stood up even before I could say anything else. Mental note *rude much*  

                                                                                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let's go for dinner, I'm so hungry" Hanbin suggested and the rest of them nodded. "I-I can't" I timidly voiced out and all heads turned to me, "c'mon don't be such a party pooper" Minah whined as she clung onto my arm. "I-I really can't, I've...ummm, this family th-thing and like... Yeah" I stuttered, Minah shot me a I-know-you-are-lying-but-we-shall-talk-later look and I was so glad she didn't press on anymore. I bidded farewell to them and went home. It wasn't that I really had a family thing, I just didn't feel right hanging around them, especially not facing some really cute guy right after a break-up. Somehow, it reminded me too much of Jongshin sunbaenim and I hated it. I mean I can't possibly face Jinhwan and his girlfriend without feeling a little pissed off and what if I can't control my feelings. It wasn't that I like Jinhwan that much, it's just that the whole scenario he and his girlfriend was in reminded me too much of my own and I don't want to watch a re-enactment of my past, it's just... painful. I was about to sleep when I received a text, I opened it and realise it was from Minah. 

MINAH: what was today about???

ME: Idk, I just panicked and Idw to have dinner with a bunch of boys I just met.

MINAH: Why? Is it because of him? Youjung, u need to let him go, you can't keep holding on. 

ME: Idk, give me some time to sort this out with myself, see you. Saranghae.

I put my phone on my bedside table before tucking into bed.  

I hope you have enjoyed reading this chapter and I really hope you guys would continue to support "Undecided Crush". Trust me, the story would become more interesting as it goes on so please continue to read it. Btw, Jinhwan is Mr Handsome for now because the character till doesn't know that he's a playboy. Remember to comment and subscribe<3!

-Tiarakeeper

xoxo