final

A night with 91-line

91-line was a private group with Kpop idols who were born in year 1991 as the members. This group was initiated by Key from Shinee on the reason that he wanted more friends since it was hard for him to get new friends ever since he debut as an idol.

"So, give me your number."That was what Key had asked from Mir after the radio show they have done together when Mir was having some light chatting with Jinwoon and Dongwoon. 

Mir turned to look over his two friends with a confused look but Jinwoon only nodded at him with a knowing grin.

It was actually the first time ever Mir met with Key in person. Unlike Jinwoon whom he had known during 'Maknae Rebellion' shooting and Dongwoon whom he knew right on a day after MBLAQ debut. So, suddenly being asked for number was a bit of a shock even to Mir who was known for his friendliness.

"Err... My number? Why?" Mir asked softly hoping that Key won't take his question in a wrong way. His eyes wide and his smile was awkward as he looked up at Key who was standing in front of him. He was kind of scared with the intimidating aura that the Shinee member emitted. Him sitting down while Key standing up didn't make it better. He felt really small.

"I think, he want to add you into 91-line converse group." Jinwoon answered cheerly for Key and slung his hand over Mir's shoulder.

"91-line?" Mir asked confused. He turned to his other side only to see the same confused expression on Dongwoon's face.

"It's just as its name. Just like what we talk about during the radioshow just now." Key said and whisked out his mobile phone. "Your number." He asked eyeing Mir with his sharp feline eyes.

Mir flinched and Dongwoon laughed at Mir's timid reaction. A type indeed.

But his joy soon ceased when Key's sharp eyes fall on him instead. "You too." He said cocking his brow in a very diva-ish attitude.

Dongwoon gulped and quickly did as what he was asked. Well, instead of request, it felt like order.

 

Well, their start wasn't that smooth but within 91-line, a few people become much closer than the others forming small groups within large group of 91-line. 

And one of the group was made of the founder of the group, Key, Mir, Jinwoon, Dongwoon and Woohyun. Not that they weren't close with the other members, it just that they were much more closer with each other.

Mir himself didn't think he could actually be Key's bestfriend. They were totally different in personality and Mir was even scared of Key at the start of their friendship. He was timid while Key was intimidating. 

However, as the time went on, Mir knew Key better. Though Key was such a little diva, that boy sometimes had a caring side of him. And sometimes Mir felt like Key was acting like the mother of their small group. 

For Key, even at their first met, he was doted on the boy. Mir was cute like a little puppy and reminded him of Taemin. And he ended up being overprotective over Mir.

 

 

Jinwoon : 

-the hyungs aren't home. Let's hang out at my place-

Jinwoon stared at his phone. He was sure he would get at least a reply instantly. Plus, he had nothing to do.

Key : 

-I'm free tonight and tomorrow. Let's have sleep over-

Woohyun :

-Yeay! Pajama party!!!-

Dongwoon :

-that sound so childish. It's slumber party 😆-

Key :

-very mature, guys😑where's Mir?-

Dongwoon : 

-CHEOLYONGIE!-

Key :

-Cheolyong! Answer me!-

And the rest of conversation filled with them calling unresponsive Mir over and over again.

 

Mir ran to his phone left unattended on the table where the staff put the snacks and drinks. It kept vibrating since they started the photoshoot half an hour ago.

Mir scrolled through the texts and scanned it quickly picking up bits by bits of the text. From what he got, they wanted to have a sleepover at 2am dorm and seemed like only Dongwoon, Woohyun and Key were up to it. And since 15 texts from Key were only consist of his name spelled in capital letters, he guessed he was put in the list too.

Mir :

-I'll bring snacks-

Key :

-oh god! Mir! You scared me. You should've reply sooner!-

Mir chuckled. Leave to Key to even nag in messages.

Mir :

-I'm at photoshoot-

Dongwoon :

-I'll bring drinks-

Woohyun :

-leave the videos to me-

Jinwoon :

-Key? What are you going to bring?-

Key :

-You guys should be grateful. I'll bring my almighty self. It's a bless itself-

That made Mir doubled over and burst into hearty laughter gaining weird look from people surrounding him.

"Hey! What's so funny?" Seungho appeared at his side and peered over Mir's shoulder. 

Mir inhaled and exhaled to reduce his loud laugh into soft chuckle. He sniffed and wiped the tears at the corner of his eyes. "Nothing hyung. Ah, I'm sleeping over at Jinwoon's tonight."

"Again?" GO chimed in.

"Make sure you're back before 12pm. We got schedule tomorrow." Mir nodded vigurously at the leader's reminder and beamed at his hyung, exclaiming a loud thank you.

"Ah~ I'm jealous of 91-line." GO commented and ruffled their personal puppy's red locks.

 

Jinwoon sat in the middle of the living room with scattered game DVD sets around him. "Need for speed?" He talked to himself as he lift up a dvd of car race game but threw it away. "Nah~ played it last week. Live 4 dead?" He contemplated for a while but the sound of doorbell interrupted him. He grinned and scrambled to his feet. Stepping over the scattered DVDs, he ran to the door.

Mir and Dongwoon lift up bags of snacks and drinks. "We're here!" The duo exclaimed in sync. 

"Woah! What a mess." Mir commented, kicking a few DVDs in his way to the couch. Later, Key arrived and lastly Woohyun.

They all loitered around the living room. Key was sitting with his legs outstretched and his back leaned on the couch. Woohyun sat next to the little diva, rummaging through the plastic bags for some food.

Dongwoon was crouching in front of the plasma tv. "Movie or games?" He asked.

"Movie!" Both Key and Woohyun answered. 

"Here." Woohyun threw the bag he brought filled with movies towards Dongwoon who exaggeratedly fall over to catch the bag.

"Wooot... Horror~" Dongwoon sang and chose one of the horror film.

Mir immediately popped his head from the kitchen door. "Horror? No!" The boy shook his head, eyes wide with fear.

Jinwoon later followed and back hugged the red head. "It's okay, Cheolyongie. I'll protect you." 

"Eww! Gay much?" Mir grimaced and elbowed the laughing Jinwoon on his ribs.

"Off! Fiesty! I like~" Jinwoon teased, sipping the beer Dongwoon brought in his hand.

"Yah! Leave Mir alone!" Key shouted from the living room. He shot Jinwoon a glare where the tall boy lift his hands in defeat.

Mir retreated back into the kitchen to fetch the soda Jinwoon kept special for him since he couldn't drink alcohol before they joined the others in the loving room.

 

"I hate you guys..." Mir breathed with a pout. Hands over his ears, eyes shut tightly. He really hated watching horror movies. 

"Hey! Switch the movie." Key ordered, worried about the scared Mir.

"But, we're already halfway through. I want to watch the ending." Woohyun whined.

"Yeah. Leave Cheolyong to me. Cheolyongie, come here." Jinwoon patted the space on the floor next to him. Mir, having all his ears and eyes closed, didn't react and Jinwoon had to leaned over and pulled the smaller boy towards him.

Mir opened his wide eyes and Jinwoon fawned when he realized Mir was too close to crying. He knew exactly what to do. He removed Mir's hand and put earphones in the boy's ear. Mir immediately smiled when he heard the familiar voice of his hyung, GO singing 'Play That Song'.

Jinwoon shrugged at the other three questioning look. "It's settled. Now, let's get back to the movie." He said noncahalantly, leaning his head on Mir's shoulder.

 

"Uwah!!! I won!" Jinwoon jumped up and did his victory dance. The controller still in his hand.

"What? You're eating half of the time. How can you still win?" Key threw away the controller and crawled towards Woohyun. He lied his head on Woohyun laps, feigning being hurt as he clutched on his chest. "Revenge for me." He croaked out in a fake hardship.

Woohyun laughed and received Key's tag. "One round!" 

"Get it on!" Jinwoon smirked at his new opponent.

All the while, Dongwoon and Mir was absorbed in their 'Cham Cham Cham' games. Each time one of them lost, the loser would get a harsh smack on the forearm.

Later, Key joined and they changed it into 'Rock Paper Scissor' game. They kept playing until Key said something to stop the game. "Yah! My arm is numb already. Let's change the punishment." He whined rubbing his already bruised forearm.

Mir blew on Key's arm and rubbed for the boy. "Did I overdo it?" He asked with puppy eyes.

Key patted Mir's silky locks. "Let's just change the punishment. Okay?" 

Mir nodded sadly but then he suddenly beamed and ran off to the bathroom and came back with a towel in his hand. Wet towel.

"Who said he's a harmless puppy again?" Dongwoon breathed at the evil smile on Mir's pouty lips.

The games ended when Key and Dongwoon yelled their surrender. Mir bounced on his seat but immediately winced at the pain on his calves after being slapped with the wet towel each time he lost the rounds.

"Well, that's mean I win." He said and pulled himself up and flopped down on the couch. "But, that still hurt." He mumbled.

"And whose idea was that?" Key rolled his eyes but still patted Mir's head comfortingly.

"You guys are such a masochist." Jinwoon commented, eyes not leaving the screen with his thumbs expertly ghosted over the controller.

"Blame that on Cheolyong." Dongwoon chimed in, hissing when he moved himself towards the couch. He even wondered himself why the hell he still played with Mir. That kid just knew how to manipulate people around him yet always seemed so innocent like a little puppy. He turned to see Mir giving him a look that said, 'I don't know anything.'

"I won." Woohyun smugly announced and threw the controller to Key who sat next to Mir on the couch. He turned to flash his victory smile but stopped dead when he saw the three sprawled bodies on the couch and on the floor, injured. "What happened?"

 

Mir sighed. His hands on his hips. Really? They got drunk again. Mir scratched his disheveled red hair. He was always left with four drunk boys to handle since he couldn't drink and would be the only sobered one left.

He tried to pull Jinwoon who was lying upside down on the single armchair but failed miserably. "Why is he so heavy!" He sighed again, giving up and trotted to Jinwoon's bedroom to fetch comforter, pillows and blankets. 

The red head set the place and walked back to the snoring Jinwoon. Instead of pulling the heavy boy, he just pushed the boy until the boy rolled off of the armchair and fall with a loud thud on the comforter. 

Mir went over to Dongwoon and Woohyun and pulled each of them by their legs dragging their long bodies along the smooth floor. Since they were already on the floor, it was easier. He just put the blanket over Key who was sleeping on the sofa.

Mir flopped down tiredly at the edge of the comforter after switching off the lamp leaving the room with only the light from the full moon through the windows as the light source.

As he suddenly remembered of the horror movie he watched halfway before, he shuddered and squeezed himself in between Jinwoon and Woohyun.

Jinwoon turned over and hugged Mir as if Mir was his life size teddy bear and few minutes later, only soft snores could be heard in the moon lit room.

 

Mir groaned as he woke up and felt the soreness on his calves and forearms, the results from rounds of games they played.

The next Mir could register was Key's nagging voice and his body was being tugged away from Jinwoon's embrace.

"I can't even leave him alone and this gorilla would just pounce on our puppy." Key nagged followed by Woohyun's distant laugh. Probably in the kitchen already.

"You're not his mother, Kibum. And Cheolyong and Jinwoon were just sleeping together. In INNOCENT way." Came Dongwoon's voice, also came from the kitchen.

Mir rubbed his eyes tiredly and just let Key dragged him to the kitchen followed by grumbling Jinwoon.

Woohyun put the breakfast plates for the new awoken boys. "Stop it, you guys. My head hurt." Jinwoon grumbled.

"Who told you to drink so much beer." Mir laughed and handed a glass of the water to Jinwoon. 

Jinwoon grinned despite his splitting headache. "Because you're here to take care of me."

"Not for long. I have schedule. I need to go." Mir said and Jinwoon started to whine while Key just smirked.

Mir took a big bite on his toast and stood up. "Eh? Are you going for real?" Key asked a bit surprised. He thought Mir was just joking.

Mir nodded. "Till next month!" He waved goodbye to his bestfriends who waved back, knowing they would repeat this ritual again next month like every month before. Enjoying each other's company and just let loose. That's the peak of having bestfriends.

 

*I keep writing ridiculous thing aren't I? But they're just too cute to not write about. Especially uri puppy mireu*