Done

The Perfect Prank

 

That was it! That was the solution!


After the torturing movie last night, Ken had finally come a conclusion! Leo loved romance movies so much he was used to skinship and coddling and so on and so forth.
However!
That meant he was only used to straight couples doing it!
Ken started cackling in his chair at the laptop. Scaring the living day lights out of Hyuk who was lounging on the bed. The vocal was wiiiiiieeeerd, he carefully left the room, putting distance between him and the strange hyung.

This was perfect, now he had to just put everything he had seen the couple in the movie do in context with him and Leo. His insides rolled, ‘everything they did’? His fingers twitched above the keyboard.
This was going to be a tough ride, but here goes nothing!
____

“Happy Birthday Leo!!” The silent vocal looked up from his magazine and narrowed his eyes, what on earth was Lee Jaehwan doing? Everyone else had just given him his presents without being so loud.
He could guess already what their presents were, soap, CD, music sheets.
And yet here was Lee Jaehwan, grinning like the idiot he was.
The others were also looking pretty confused, that would be save N who was shaking his head in disbelief, he was actually going to go through with the prank….
“Everyone out! Let Ken give Leo his present!” the leader shepparded the others out the door. This would make things easier, and they had anyway already given the birthday boy their presents.
“But, hyung, I want to see what Ken gives him-“
The door slammed shut on Hyuk’s demand.
Ken turned back to Leo, still grinning from ear to ear.
This was going to be brilliant.
Silently he held out a two pieces papers, Leo raised an eyebrow but put away his magazine to take his ‘present’. He half expected the other to run off or the papers to be filled with drawings, given the other vocal loved to draw.
But it was writing, and the other was now perched on his chair opposite his position on the sofa.
Strange.
Then again, Ken’s behavior over the course of the past days had been very … strange.
“Humor me, Lee Jaehwan.” He turned his attention to the pages, Ken sticking out his tongue at his challenge.
Oh I will, the younger vocal couldn’t stop smiling as he saw Leo start to read.
He went over the story in his head, the other would now be reading of a shy Ken having a crush on Leo. He felt giddy as he saw the other vocal’s eyes widen ever so slightly, others would not have seen that movement but since he knew Leo so well he didn’t miss it.
This was going so well.
Next he would be reading of Ken’s failed attempts at approaching the other. He felt like patting himself on his back, he had chosen a good setting for the story and had been up all night finishing the gooey lovey feelings.
He giggled as Leo clenched the paper tighter, this was it. The stoic vocal was freaking out! This was what he wanted.
Things were going really well!
Page two, now the story Leo had noticed Ken and asked him for his name, just like the movie, story Ken was being held back and looking at his ‘crush’ with large innocent eyes. Ken couldn’t stop chuckling as Leo’s eyes widened even more, that look was worth every single painful moment of writing the fanfic.
One more page to go, and it was heading  for the finale. Ken had to suppress his laughter as he recalled the events that were happening in the story: story Ken bashfully confesses to story Leo and runs away embarrassed, and yet the other chases him! So cheesy, it still made his skin crawl, but for what he was witnessing here it was really worth it. His plan had been absolutely perfect; the usually composed Leo had a look of pure shock and surprise on his face. He really didn’t see it coming.
Ken giggled, he should do this more often. Even though it had been a pain to write, it was easier to write about Leo and him then watch that stupid romance movie. Maybe it was because they knew one another? He had no idea, after writing the first page the story had really started to flow.
Since Leo and him were close… close-ish, he was able to guess the other’s reactions and thought he had accurately depicted the other’s personality in the fic.
It was brilliant! He could barely stop praising himself. Very life like, the story, only difference was that it was in an alternate universe. However he had to admit, he had also put some of his personality into the story Ken.
Now that he was thinking about it, the story seemed to be even more realistic then he anticipated. Why hadn’t he noticed it before? True, he had been writing until the morning hours, redoing passages and fixing stuff, but didn’t have the energy to go over it all again. Towards the end he admitted he felt like he was writing it unconsciously.
“Lee Jaehwan!” Ken snapped out of his thoughts, Leo! He found said person suddenly very close, leaning over him. A hand on either side of his chair, making Ken sink into the seat. How did he get so close? The other had moved so quietly! And now he was barely a few centimeters away.
Was he going to punch him? He was so close!

“Speak up, Lee Jaehwan, is this a joke to you?” Leo’s voice dropped a couple octaves and sounded so serious, Ken jumped in the chair, discovering with the other so close, he didn’t have an escape route. He panicked, “haha… yes surprise~ How did you like my prank? It was pretty perfect, don’t you agree?”
Why did his voice sound so unsure and shaky?
“A perfect prank?” Leo smirked, leaning closer, and Ken’s heart dropped, this was it, he was going to die right here and now. He shut his eyes and braced himself, just one swing from the other and he would be but a smear on the wall.
Suddenly there was a hand on his chin, tilting his head up, probably to angle his face just right for the punch of the century.


Why had he thought this was a good idea?!


When just as suddenly he felt something soft being pressed against his lips…
he opened his eyes in shock, Leo was … kissing him?!


Just as shocked, he noticed that… he was … well… not freaking out! Seeing a kiss had always been a nightmare, be it on TV or real life but… being kissed by Leo wasn’t… wasn’t so bad.
He didn’t move, still in shock from Leo and from his own reaction of not resisting.
The other pulled back and grinned.
“That was a lame prank… if you want to prank someone... you need to study the person you want to prank, not only the thing you want to prank him with… because if you over see something… your prank might backfire…” Ken blinked, it almost Leo was purring.
“You knew?”
“Well, no, but now it makes sense as to why you were watching that romance movie the other day…” Leo admitted, “However, there is something I want to ask you…”
Ken tilted his head.
“Was this really a prank?”
A bit confused, the younger one blinked at Leo, “Why yes… why do you ask?”
“Have you read this?” Leo shook the papers which were still in his hands. This only made Ken even more confused. “Yes, why-“ he stopped talking as Leo leant down once again, almost expecting to be kissed again. With only a few centimeters between one another, Leo raised an eyebrow, “If you’ve read it, it doesn’t really sound like something you came up for entertainment, you have to agree.”
That was true, Ken thought in the back of his head, when in reality he was just staring at the other’s face, it was so close.
“It sounds like a confession…”
Ken blinked, what had Leo just said? A confession? What was he talking about?
“That is ridiculous! It was just for fun-“
A pair of lips silenced him, this time Leo had placed a hand on the back of his neck, pulling Ken even closer into the kiss. To his own surprise, Ken went with it. What was going on? This was something that usually grossed him out, and here he was… enjoying it?
Unconsciously, he turned his head giving Leo the chance to bite down on his lower lip, making him part his lips in surprise. Without missing a beat, he felt the other’s tongue carefully explore his mouth, it felt warm and gave in to temptation as he tried moving his own one against Leo’s, dancing around one another.
They parted only as lack of oxygen didn’t give them another option, trying to catch their breath.
“If it was only a prank…” Leo was panting ever so slightly, “Why don’t you resist?”
Ken blinked, that was true. Why wasn’t he resisting?
Usually anything romantic, skinship or even the mention of it, made him want to run a mile and hide. If it had been with someone else, it probably wouldn’t have worked. And yet here with Leo-


That’s it! It was because it was Leo! Only because it was Leo, did he enjoy it!

There was dead silence, Ken looked at Leo. The other looked now really shocked, why on earth-
Wait had he just said that last part out loud?
 

“You.are.such.an.idiot!” Leo seethed through his teeth, “If that wasn’t a confession, I don’t know what is!” Ken realized that was pretty much exactly what it had been. How come he didn’t see that coming?
“I guess I need to help you get something into your stupid head, seeing as you won’t ever get it by yourself! These pieces of paper as the last straw! Lee Jaehwan, I like you!”
“Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?”
Both their heads snapped to the door of Leo’s room, the sound came from outside was muffled by the “Shut up!” “You didn’t know Leo was crushing on Ken!?” “Shut up he’ll hear us!!” that followed.
Ken turned to Leo, but the other had already made his way to the said door, the look on his face meant death. As he tore the poor thing open, it revealed the rest of VIXX piled up just outside. Their faces turned white as they saw Leo, like he was the angel of death come to take their souls. Which was actually pretty much what he was planning.

“Leo, wait!” Ken’s call made Leo hesitate but the other’s saw their chance and there was a wild scrabble of limbs as they ran for their life.

Leo sighed, letting his prey escape was disappointing, but resisted and turned back to the other vocal. Ken looked like he was thinking hard from his position on the chair. The older vocal felt sorry, had he scared him with the kisses? How could he resist though, those stupid pieces of paper had been too much from him to handle.
“Leo, sit!” as the other spoke, Leo obediently sat down and prepared for the worse.
“You know I’m not good with romance?” Ken saw the other nod, “You know it makes my skin crawl and I don’t like it?” More nodding. The vocal sighed at his quiet colleague. “You were awfully talkative just a second ago, “ he mumbled.
 “Anyway! I wanted to just… I want to just…  To clear things up! I didn’t realize that my fanfic was a ‘confession’ … but you made me realize that … you might be right… however I have no idea what it is like to be romantic, you know my knowledge on the topic is close to none existent. I’ve never really dated… or kissed anyone. So… I don’t really know what to do!”
There was a pause, Ken still struggling to find his words and Leo curious what was to come next.
“I liked kissing you…” the words almost didn’t make it out of the younger’s mouth, “I’ve known you for a long time! And well… I have the feeling… if you are willing… I mean, when we kissed I was feeling something, that we were more than friends but I don’t know what to do with those feelings… I want to learn how to date you!”
Leo blinked, in surprise, he had honestly expected Ken to get disgusted, fall back into his routine of running away from any form of romance or skin ship. But hearing this, there was… something that he didn’t expect since he had discovered his crush on the idiot of a vocal… hope. A tiny light of hope.
Ken yelped in surprise as the older one launched himself from the sofa, hugging Ken tightly in a giant bear hug, burying his head in his shoulder. This was impossible, and not happening.
And yet it was, Leo felt the other carefully pat his back.

He pulled back to look at the younger one, he was smiling, happily, no joke nor sarcasm. This was happening, “Okay, I’ll teach you…” he said in a soft voice. This made Ken smile even wider.
For the third time that day Leo got a fright –the first being the one reading the fic, second being the realization that Ken wasn’t resisting his kiss-, Ken had leant over and gently placed a kiss on his lips.
All he could do was stare blankly before Ken stuck out his tongue and whispered,

“Humor me, Jung Taekwoon~” 

 

 

 



A/N: I want to thank everyone for reading this, I was having a bad creativeblock and this came up as a small filler idea, and yet there are so many of you! So I want to apologize for the delay and hope you like the rest and ending!
 Now I'll be working on a new bigger fic, Hyukbin, if you want to have a look!!