Chapter One

Two different worlds

 

Standing in the middle of Gangnam I looked around for a friendly face. Cussing myself for leaving the map in the car. Spotting a fairly young couple walking towards me I took the opportunity to practice my bad Korean.

 

"Shil le ji man..." I said hesitantly. 
The two looked at each other before smiling politely. 
"English?" I asked. 
"Yeah," Smiled the beautiful girl. She wore a white lace dress which hugged her slender figure. She had long black hair and pale pore less skin. 
"Are you able to direct me to I-Park Apartments," I smiled. 
"We can get a taxi to take you there?," it was the guy who spoke this time. He too had pale pore less skin with great hair. He wore jeans and a cream sweater. 
"Thanks," 
We walked for a few minutes before coming across a taxi stand. 
"So where are you from?" The girl asked me as her boyfriend talked to the taxi driver in Korean. 
"I just got here from NZ to visit my brother," 
"Oh well enjoy your stay," 
"Thanks," I said. 
"The taxi driver will drop you at the apartment," 
"Thank you so much," I said hopping into the taxi. 

It was a quick journey across the bridge to the other side of the Han river. As we pulled up to the front entrance I motioned for the security guard to come over. 
"Pay the guy," I got my backpack and headed inside.
Walking through the rotating doors, I made my way to the elevator.
"annyeonghaseyo sajangnim," another guard bowed as I walked by.
Pressing the Penthouse Villa button I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes tapping my foot to the pop song playing. 
The elevator doors opened and I was greeting by an unimpressed face. 
"Where have you been little one?" he asked calmly at first. 
"Out," I said pushing past the tall figure and making my way into the kitchen. Still upset about the argument this morning. 
"By yourself?" he followed me, his voice rising slightly 
"You are new to the city, you can't speak the language you-," he started to yell before I cut him off
"B, please," I rolled my eyes. 
"I'm safe," I said as I opened the fridge and grabbed a mango. 
"From now on you will take Lee with you everywhere you go?"
"But B," I tried to protest but he would have none of it. 
I sighed and slumped down on the sofa flipping through the channels aimlessly when I came across what looked like a music show. 
'M countdown' I read at the top of screen. 
I sliced a piece of Mango and continued to watch. 
looking over my shoulder I noticed B dragging his feet while making his way towards me. I quickly turned my attention back to the TV and ignored him as he sat down beside me. 
A very good looking girl and boy were speaking really fast Korean, the only part I could catch was Big Bang. Suddenly the lights went off and the crowd was screaming.

"I'm sorry," B said as I tried to see who was coming out of the shadows. 
"Uh, baby come back," I heard a very appealing voice sing. 
Suddenly the TV went off. I jolted upright and looked for the remote only to realize that B was holding onto it. 
"I'm trying to apologize," he sounded annoyed. 
"Sorry," I said facing him now. The quicker he apologized the faster I would get the remote. 
"I'm sorry about yelling at you but my decision stands. Lee will you anywhere you need to go at all times," 
"Fine," I sighed. There was no point in arguing with him at the moment. 
"Good," he finally smiled. 
"Go get ready we have a lunch date," he ruffled my hair before heading over to his office. 
Ring Ring
Grabbing the phone from my bag I headed upstairs to get changed while answering it. 
"Hello Mum," I couldn't help but smile hearing my mothers voice. 
"Hello dear, how are you enjoying Korea?"
"It's great so far," I said opening my closet. I settled on a Mint dress with stockings and boots. 
"How is you brother?"she asked.
"Grumpy," I joked. 
"Promise me you two won't fight,"
"I make no such promise mum,"
I could hear her sigh as I heard dad calling her. 
"I'll call you tonight. Love you, and B," she hung up.
Quickly changing out I headed back downstairs where B was waiting for me. 
"Mum sends her love," I sad as we headed out for lunch. 


 

 


 


I haven't written for a long time, I hope you enjoyed it. Please feel free to comment below. 
Keep Smiling 
xx ychoi