page 1

Changed?

I walk to my locker to get my books for the next class. My eyes glanced around and noticed I’m the only one in the hallway. Not that I mind, I prefer to be alone. Ever since I came to this school, I’ve been bullied by Kim Myungsoo and his friends. I don’t even know why… though they say because their old ‘friend’ left, so I became the new target.

I sigh as I open my locker to grab my books. But before I could grab them, my locker got slammed shut by Myungsoo, of course.

“Move.” He said before he shoved me away, causing me to fall onto the ground. I sighed again and just adjusted my jacket, showing a blank expression as always. It’s always been like this, so I don’t really care anymore. I opened my locker again and quickly grabbed my books, walking away after I closed my locker. Or trying to.

“Leaving already?” He sneered as he grabbed my wrist and pushed me against the wall.

“What do you want?” I simply ask, still a blank expression, but then, the bell rang, saving my life for now.

“I’m not done with you yet.” He said before he let go of me and walked away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was lunchtime. I packed my own lunch, like I do everyday to avoid the canteen; because in the previous day, when I just came here, my uniform always got dirty. They’re always making me trip, or just throwing their food at me. That’s why I pack my own lunch now at home. I walk upstairs, to the rooftop. I opened the door and sat down on the ground. I like being up here; the view is beautiful, and it makes me forget about everything, well..most of it. I took out my notebook and started to write. I write about the things on my mind. The day at school, Myungsoo being a bully like always. They’re like...letters to my parents. My parents died in a car accident when I was 12. Since then, my older brother took care of me. Then I hear the sound of a door being opened, and I turned my head to see Sunggyu and Hoya. I hurriedly put away my notebook and stood up, wanting to get away from here even though I knew it was useless. Hoya smirked at me, knowing that was true as well.

“She’s here.” He yelled down the stairs behind him. Soon Myungsoo and Woohyun showed up as well. Sunggyu walked closer as I tried to move away, grabbing my wrist and pushing me against the nearest wall harshly. I lost my footing and found myself on the ground with the guys standing above me menacingly.

“It’s because of you that we failed our class.” Myungsoo spat out before kicking me, the others doing the same thing. I knew better than to speak out and point out they were wrong, or else it would be worse. Instead my body curled into a ball, protecting my head and torso the best I could. How is it my fault? I wasn’t going to give you the answers because you didn’t study… The kicking continued repeatedly for a few minutes before they got bored and left again.

I coughed a few times after they couldn’t hear me and struggled to get up, practically on my hands and knees all the way to my things. I went to my bag, searching for my notebook, my eyes widening when I realized it wasn’t there. Where is it?! Did they take it before leaving? My eyes watered in pain and frustration as I searched everywhere for it. I wrote everything in there; it was like my diary, and there was a lot in there about Myungsoo and the things I’ve had to put up with. There was a lot in there that nobody knew, everything I felt.

After I realized it was a lost cause, I resigned myself to dealing with more ridicule when I see him next. Skipping the rest of my classes, I went home slowly. I hurt everywhere, trying to walk around without limping too much. Opening the door, I knew nobody was home, and I dropped my back in my room and went to shower. The water stung for a few moments until it started to relax my aching muscles. Afterwards I just lay down in bed, falling asleep without any thoughts in particular.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

The notebook rested in my hand as I turned it over and looked at it. It wasn’t like most girls’ notebooks with little hearts and miscellaneous doodles covering it. I wonder what kind of fun information I can get from this.. Probably brainless ramblings about some boy. I smirked slightly, planning on reading through it when I got home.

The moment I got home, I threw my bag in the corner and sat down on the couch after I took off my shoes. Let’s see what’s in this little book I opened the book and began to read the last thing she wrote, which was today.

 

Eomma, Appa..

Wae? Wae am I still here? I shouldn’t be..

I keep having nightmares, and they don’t stop, after all these years..

I can’t sleep because of them. It’s been so long, too long.

The anniversary of the accident is tomorrow. And that’ll make school even harder to deal with. I already have to deal with Myungsoo and his friends, it’s just impossible to go to school normally. They always hurt me.. I want to say something about it, but I just can’t. Wish you were here to give me some advice..

I wish I could remember everything, your voices, laughs, everything. I wish I could see you again, but I can’t.. all I have are photos.

No one actually worries about me, I have no friends thanks to Myungsoo.

I think everyone is scared of him. Though some girls absolutely love him for his looks. Well, he disgusts me. I don’t see what the other girls see in him. He’s just a mean, arrogant, and annoying guy.

And I know you didn’t raise me like that, so mianhe.. but I had to say what’s on my mind.

As I said your anniversary is tomorrow... It’s been 5 years now. Last time I’ve been to your graves was last year, mianhe... I wanted to come more often, but it’s work and school that’s killing me..

I promise I’ll bring your favorite flowe-

 

There it stopped. That’s when Hoya found her and when we beat her up. hh, that’s quite pathetic.. I shook my head and closed the book, muttering in mild annoyance. I stood up and went to take a shower, though I never stopped thinking about what she wrote. Asking why she was still here, and that she shouldn’t be...

I sighed and got dressed into casual clothing, and decided to head out. I closed the door behind me and walked to the stairs. Aish jinjja, my keys.. I searched my bag, and pockets, but nothing..

 

 

 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Your POV

 

I woke up a few hours later in pain. Ah jinjja.. I looked in the mirror and saw several bruises, which meant more to cover up. I sigh escaped my lips as I made my way to the bathroom. I still didn’t know why my notebook was taken by those..guys. What do they want with it? What would happen if they already read it? My whole life story is in there; the accident, the day I started to live on my own... And of course the days I got bullied.

I was going to do some grocery shopping for dinner, and left the dorm. As I opened the door, I saw someone standing by the corner. M-mwo? Who’s that..? I noticed it was a guy, and it looked like he was looking for something.

Thinking it through, I decided I’d try something different. Usually I keep to myself, not wanting to bother anyone needlessly with my presence, but I thought maybe I should see if this guy needs help. So, gathering what little courage I had, and hoping all of my bruises were hidden or covered well enough, I walked over timidly. “Annyeong haseyo?” My voice was quiet but kind, same as normal when talking to strangers. “Did you lose something?”

The taller guy turned around, making me back a step automatically in surprise and not a small amount of fear. “M-myungsoo?” What is he doing here? Of all people to run into today…

“Hyu- What are you doing here?” My tormenter’s face had held a moment of shock before going back to that cold and emotionless mask I always saw day and night. But before that, there was a flash of something else. Curiosity? I don’t know, my mind was wondering how long it would take for him to realize I lived here, and if I should just run. But I was frozen in place, looking like a deer in headlights.

The second he took a step forward though, I stepped back out of my statuesque state. He was quicker though and pushed me to the wall, just as he had earlier today. I refused to wince when my bruised back hit the wall hard, though it hurt horribly. “I asked you a question. Wae didn’t you answer?” He sounded…like he had been caught off-guard, trying to figure out what to do himself. I turned my head and didn’t look at him.

“Is that your key on the ground?” My eyes caught something shining dully in the shadow of a doorway, just lying on the ground. I kept my voice deadpan, hoping to not give away fear again and show him he was winning. He glanced down where I was looking and his grip loosened slightly on my wrist. That was enough for me to risk, yanking my arm away and practically ran down the hallway. I felt his hand graze my shoulder as he tried stopping me with an incredulous sound leaving his lips, as if surprised I would even try to get away. Good thing that I did, running faster until I got out of the building, stopping to lean against the wall. Good thing that worked…Maybe now that he has his key he won’t be there when I get back… Suddenly all my exhaustion had come back, as well as the tension I had worked hard to get rid of. I supposed it was always there anyways, despite my best efforts.

Sure enough, after my grocery shopping, he wasn’t in the hallway anymore and the key on the floor was gone. Hurrying to my own door, I opened it and went inside before my luck would run out, just in case. I leaned back against the door and just took deep breaths. There’s no reason I should be scared to go to my own place… Sighing, I finally moved and went to make myself dinner, getting back into my normal routine for the rest of the evening.

 

annyeong~ it's been a while.. i know i know xD anyway~ i hope you all like this story which is also written together with Lokianna :3