very first letter

Changed?

The next morning I woke up and got dressed for the day; school, and then my part time job at the café. I walked out of my bedroom after packing my bag for that day. But to my surprise I wasn’t alone; my brother was there, looking trough all my stuff, and mumbling to himself. “Where did she hide it?” He’s probably looking for money again. My brother is an alcoholic, ever since my parents died. He has no job, no money, and if he can’t get some from his friends or girlfriend, he’s coming to me. “Yah oppa.. I don’t have any money. So please.. leave.” I sighed and opened the door for him. Luckily he left without struggling. I closed the door and just began to clean up a bit before I had to leave. He broke a few plates and glasses. Sighing again, I knelt down and picked up the broken pieces. Time passed quickly and before I knew it, it was already time to go. I grabbed my bag and left the room.

I closed the door behind me after I grabbed my keys, and heard someone yelling in the dorm next to me. Omo.. That doesn’t sound good... My curiosity made me want to stay, but I knew that was bad. So, I quickly locked my door and walked to the stairs. But it was too late, and I knew I was in trouble at school already.

 

                                               Myungsoo’s POV

 

I woke up to hearing some loud noises in the dorm next to me, and some things breaking. Ah...so noisy. I turned around and put the pillow over my head. That quiet moment didn’t last long as someone burst into my room and started to yell. “Yah you little... Get up!” My father. I sat up and glared at him. My father hates me. He never liked me really.. but oh well, I don’t care. “What do you want?” I snapped at him, but that wasn’t appreciated. “Don’t talk to me like that!” and I got slapped. Ah he really annoys me sometimes. I simply stood up and just walked past him, grabbing my clothes and disappearing into the bathroom. I took a shower and got dressed. I regret giving my parents a key to my house, and if I get the chance, I’ll take it back. I walk out of the bathroom and to the living room where my father was waiting for me. “Ignoring me huh? You know I don’t appreciate that.” He looked up at me from the couch. “I don’t appreciate you coming into my house uninvited.” But of course, that didn’t end well either. My father got mad and actually punched me. “Don’t you dare say that to me, you little..” I just ignored him and noticed the keys on the table. There’s my chance. I quickly got them. “Without these, you’re not able to come inside.” I smirked and walked out of the dorm, followed by my angry father. That’s when I noticed her. She... don’t tell me she heard my father. I saw she locked the door and quickly walked to the stairs, though I knew she noticed me.

Oh now I have to deal with that too. At least I had a way to release some of my stress today. I wasn’t in a hurry to get to school, but I had to get rid of the old man still fuming at my shoulder. “Don’t you have something better to do? I’m sure there’s still an open bar that you haven’t been kicked out of yet.” He didn’t like that very much, but I didn’t care and walked away before he could recover his thoughts long enough to do anything. So I left, still holding the keys I snatched from him, and strolled along to the school to meet up with the guys. The spot where my father punched me still throbbed, but ignoring it worked well enough.

“Hey Myungsoo, you missed our friend walking in a few minutes ago.” Woohyun came up and greeted me. “She seemed to be in a hurry today. Wonder what for.” He grinned with an almost menacing expression. I suppose I’ll figure that out later then.

“She did huh? I guess I’ll get the reason out of her during lunch.” I looked at Woohyun as we got to the rest of the group. “Just leave it to me this time. I know how to stop her from hurrying anywhere from us.” I got a few laughs from that, since it’d be too easy to catch up to the fragile toy.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Your POV

 

“Not again…” I winced as I was hit in the head with another pencil from a few spots behind me. Sungjong was in the same class as me before the lunch hour, and it was a constant reminder of my lunch time routine. Basically hiding and hoping not to be found. The teacher turned around as he heard the pencil hit the ground, and I kept my eyes on my desk, feeling the entertained grin from the student behind me.

The second the bell rang to signal the end of class, I put all my things into my backpack slowly, waiting for everyone to leave. Of course, whatever was on my desk was shoved to the ground as the youngest lackey passed. “Oh, sorry. I guess my hand slipped.” As usual, I stayed quiet as Sungjong left, not getting help from anyone as I picked everything up.

Shortly I was walking down the hallway, going towards the staircase to take me to the roof. I saw the door was slightly ajar when I got to the top of the stairs and hesitated. Who would be up her- Oh. I started to turn to go back downstairs before I was seen, but I was grabbed from behind and pulled through the door before I could make a sound.

“You’re not getting away that easily.” Myungsoo gripped my arm harshly and pushed me further onto the roof, away from the only exit. “You have a few questions to answer, and you’re going to answer no matter what.”

I sighed, deadpan. “What do you want this time?” Scared? Yeah, but not too much. After all, I was used to this. He came over and pushed me into the wall, holding me there with nowhere to go. “I asked what you wanted.”

Suddenly his hand came up and slapped me across the face, hard. “I hadn’t told you to speak yet.” My eyes almost watered from the stinging pain on my cheek, but I kept up my emotionless mask. “Now, I was told you were in quite a hurry to get to school today. Couldn’t have been because you were being nosy this morning, could it?” Myungsoo seethed, pinning me with his arms enough to hurt my back further.

I didn’t even bother answering, opting to stay silent instead. Either way I was going to get hurt. He proved that when he brought one hand to my side, pressing on one of the bruises from yesterday. That really hurt, and I had to bite my tongue to keep from yelling out. “What did you all hear this morning? I know you saw me.” He slammed me against the wall again when I didn’t speak. “Answer!”

My head bounced painfully off of the brick. “Nothing! I didn’t hear anything!” I saw stars across my vision for a moment, then was slapped again. This time I fell to the ground and he kicked me again in the same spot as before and I clamped my mouth shut. Don’t even make a sound. He doesn’t deserve it. After a few minutes he muttered something and left the roof, leaving me alone and in pain where I lay. And I still had to appear normal for the rest of the school day and for work… After a few minutes I sat up and winced lightly.  Ah this guy.. I grabbed my lunch and began to eat. Then it hit me; I’m living next to myungsoo..and he knows as well now. Just when I thought life couldn’t get worse, it did exactly that. “Ah, now I’ll probably be beaten there as well.” I shook my head and tried to forget about that looming despair.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Myungsoo’s POV

 

The rest of the school day I didn’t really pay attention...Not too unusual. My attention was on the notebook in my bag instead.  Should I read it? I decided to do that; I took it for that purpose anyways. But for now, I was going to start with the first page she ever wrote.

 

Eomma, Appa..

I don’t know how to start.. but I just found out about your death. Apparently you’ve been dead for 3 months...

 

That made me think.  Three months later she found out? Why so late..? But I found out about that when I continued to read.

 

I don’t remember much.. just the moment our car got hit.. before that, after that, nothing.  The doctor said I was in a coma for 2 months. He said it was a close call. They waited with telling me this, and..i don’t know why.

I don’t know what to write..just the fact that you’re..dead. I don’t know where oppa is..

All I can say now is.. I’m sorry. I should’ve never asked to go to the zoo.. Then this wouldn’t have happened..

 

That’s it.. it was small, but it had some interesting information.  I can use that.. I smirked lightly and closed the book as the bell rang.

 

annyeong~ part two is up :3 *obviously... heh* tell us what you think and maybe what should happen next?