Please Don't Go

Happy For You

Minho and Key opened the car doors and walked into their dorm.

                “Hey! Shhhh…” Jonghyun was not so quietly whispering in the dorm room.

                The dorm room was quiet and all the lights were turned off, which was strange, since Taemin was usually playing video games or practicing for his new debut in the living room.

                They heard a soft giggle, which undoubtedly belonged to their leader, Onew, and was soon followed by a loud crash.

                “Dummy,” they heard Jonghyun groan.

                Minho flicked on the lights, and running across without any undergarments were Onew and Jonghyun, sweating and erect.

                They froze, unsure of what to do.                                                                                           

                “Wh- what the hell are you guys doing?”

                “We were just-“

                “Eww, put some clothes on!”

                “You run around topless in our dorm!”

                “It’s different when you’re running around our dorm with an !”

                “I’m sorry Key we aren’t making the dorm dirty,”

                “It’s alright-“

                “No it’s not!”

                “Yes it is!”

                “GUYS!” , Taemin yelled, his eyes red and his hair mussed up. “I’m trying to sleep.”

                Jonghyun and Onew blushed, and ran into Onew’s room. Taemin went back into his room.

                The dorm was quiet once again, leaving Minho and Key standing in the living room, unsure of what to say.  All of the sudden, Minho laughed.

                He laughed a laugh that Key missed so much, before they met the girl, before they began to go get their coffee alone.  It was nostalgic, it was infectious, it was absolutely stunning in all the ways Key would ever have to imagine. It was the embodiment of their time together, 7 in the morning, listening to Celine Dion, singing loudly out of the windows and getting dirty looks.

                And so Key laughed as well. He laughed because of relief and the humor of seeing Jonghyun and Onew running, and how it was so awkward when the whole thing died down. He laughed, and laughed, and the joy cleansed his mind of the thoughts that wreaked havoc in his mind. He laughed hard and began to cry, because he knew that, with the way their paths were crossing, it may be one of the only times he might be able to hear it again.

                The sat down on the couch and laughed, mocking the expressions of Jonghyun and Onew, and smiled at one another. Key hears a loud bang from Taemin’s room, making him jump into Minho’s arms.  They both collide, a little surprised, and Minho accidentally pokes Key’s nose.  Hard.

                “Oww,” Key moaned.

                “Sorry, sorry!” Minho scrambled frantically,trying to find the first aid in the dorm. Minho hears the phone ring, and it’s her. Again.

                “I… have to get it.” He says. He hands Key a tissue and some ice. It was so Minho, to overreact.

                “It’s fine.” Key smiles, walking to his dorm. “I have some things to take care of.” His throat wells up.

                The rest of the afternoon, Key didn't leave his room, and when dinner came, his eyes were red and swollen.