Do You Remember?

To Be Happy

Back. Finally.

---

Hyesung has pretty good memory. He remembers everything. Ever since he first came back, everything.

---

He walked down the streets of Gangnam, his eyes trained on the ground. Music was blasting through his earphones, helping him block out the world. His legs brought him here unconciously. His mind reels and thoughts flow through like a river.

The only reason why he's still walking on the concrete floor is because he hasn't met him. He wants to, badly; but he knows if he does, and once he notices him, it'll only be a matter of time; around two weeks or so, until he dies. Then a month after he goes. Two years pass and he's reborn with a new family, and then ten years follow, and he's suddenly in a usually messy room living under the same roof with strangers who claim to have raised him his whole life. But not always he gets to have parents. Sometimes he might end up in an orphanage. Or in a flat by himself.

It's always been like that. Once he notices him, everything turns to hell. He will have to go through the pain of dying, and losing him, then ressurecting again, trying to find his way back into his arms, who has no idea who he is.

Stuffing his fists into his jeans pocket, Hyesung exhales. Cold. He passes an old lady sweeping her yard, and spotting him, she calls Hyesung over. Politely greeting her, he shuffles to the lady. "What are you doing out with only a sweater, boy?" she scolds. "Go somewhere warm inside! You'll catch a fever," she says as she shoos him away.

Hyesung thanks her and proceeds on his way. Stopping in front of a glass building, he checks his attire. A striped sweater, black pants and a pair of sneakers. What's so bad about it? At least he's in fashion. His stomach growls.

Approaching the nearest restaurant, he ducks his head, avoiding his eyes. He enters, muttering a small greeting to the cashier, and proceeds to an empty table. Eating alone was never a problem, he had been accustomed to it when he woke up in an abusive orphanage during the Joseon era and the kids there made fun of him and isolated him after he told them about his plan to escape.

Of course, he proved them wrong the night after. At that time, he was the son of a wealthy general who spotted him in the trees behind his house. Hyesung had beat himself up for choosing that tree.

A young waitress greets him, pulling him out of his river of thoughts and does her job. When she leaves, Hyesung heaves a heavy sigh. He noticed she wasn't really paying attention at what he was saying; her focus was more to his face. Hyesung gets that a lot; he was naturally good-looking. He was modest enough to not say he was handsome, even though he is.

While waiting, he mustered the courage and lifted his head, eyes quickly scanning the room. He wanted to do it quickly, then keep his eyes locked on his phone, but instead, his gaze stopped on the back of a tall, lean man sitting at the table tucked in the corner of the room. The girl in front of himlooked intimidated.

Hyesung's eyes widened. His heart started racing, and his hands started to quiver a bit. No, that can't be him. Please don't be him please don't be him please don't be him please don't be hi- The man looked sideways, his expression showing hate towards the woman. Hyesung's heart stopped.

It was him.

Despite the bad lighting and the only slightly turned face, he knows it's him. He's known that face for centuries.

The young waitress comes along with his food, a few buttons on her blouse undone, he notices, and places it on his table. She caught his attention, and brought the man's cursed gaze to him. Nervously, Hyesung darted his eyes, and thanked her. He took his first bite uncomfortably, since he is still staring at him. With a determined face, he looks at the woman, stands up, grabs her hand and drags her over to him.

Oh no. Welcome back to hell, Shin Hyesung.

---

3am. I should sleep. Bye~ Will continue this, don't worry.