Don't Cry

To Be Happy

12th Album is awesome.

---

He ran and ran and ran. Through the crowds and onto the lit street, the only thing he could hear was the loud patter of his feet and his heavy panting. In his mind was only Minwoo's voice and in his eyes was the man he loved huddled in the corner of his room.

"He's left alone. I think I heard him cry, please, just go to him."

Eric ran faster.

---

Pacing his room, he hit the call button again. The steady beep emitting from his phone filled the thick silence of his living room. He sighed, frustrated.

"You have reached this num--" Minwoo hit the call button again.

Don't do this, Minwoo thought. Please. Eric's coming.

---

Panting heavily, Eric clawed at his jacket. Seeing the framed door, he breathed in, nervous. He pressed his ear to the door.

A small, silent, and choked sob was heard. Although it was soft, the volume magnified in Eric's ears.

Raising a fist, he hesitantly knocked. The sobs stopped. Controlled breathing replaced it, and he vaguely wondered if he can break in.

A small piece of paper slipped under the door, and Eric bent to pick it up.

"Go."

Eric's heart broke.

"Hyesung-ah, please," he begged. No answer. Eric persisted. "Open up, Hyesung-ah." Desperate. "Talk to me, please."

Inside, Hyesung only buried his face more into his arms, her voice the only thing he heard.

---

Hyesung smiled into the flowers, his feet bringing him to her apartment. The scent of carnations she liked filled the air around him as he stepped onto the elevator.

That was when he should've realised.

Her neighbour next door stepped into the elevator and looked at Hyesung weirdly. He smiled and greeted her.

"Why are you here? I thought she had someone else. Must be my memory," the aunt mused. Hyesung was left a bit confused, but nonetheless he still smiled.

Arriving at her apartment, he took a deep breath. It's been almost a year, and he knows she's the one. Until he keyed in the password and he walked in.

His girlfriend was kissing with another man.

Dropping the flowers, he stared at them in disbelief.

"O-Oppa--" she stuttered, surprised. Hyesung held up a hand. She closed . "I don't need an explanation," he stated, and left.

By the time the elevator stopped, he rushed outside and climbed into his car. Scrambling with his phone, trying to suppress his sobs, he dialled the first number that came to mind.

Eric didn't pick up. He called Minwoo next.

"Where's Eric?" he asked as soon as he picked up. "He has a schedule right now. You're lucky you got me on my break, too."

Suppressing those sobs were getting harder.

"Hyesung-ah, are you okay? Hey, you there? Hyesung-ah?"

The main vocal just shook his head, perfectly aware that Minwoo can't see, and he accidently let out a sob, and he remembered that his friend hasn't hung up. Hitting the end call button, he hoped that Minwoo didn't hear the sob, and Hyesung sat in his car, crying.

---

Eric knocked again.

"Hyesung-ah, please," he begged again. "Please, answer me..."

Eric slid down the door, finally sitting due to tiredness, and he bumped his head against the door.

He was frustrated. A lot. Unconciously, tears slid down Eric's cheeks. Frustrated. His phone on the ground buzzed, Minwoo's smiling face appearing on the screen. Eric tapped on the message.

"I found out. Hyesung walked in on his girlfriend cheating."

Eric sighed. Typical Hyesung. Once he's in love, he'll never be able to part. It's a normal scene now, and Eric's sick of watching it over and over again.

"Hyesung-ah," he called softly. The sobs stopped, and Eric knew Hyesung was listening. "I know. Please don't cry, Hyesung-ah. I don't like hearing you cry."

Hyesung only nodded, two soft bumps against the door heard, and he knew Hyesung nodded.

"I don't like to see you cry, and I hate to leave you crying. I'm glad the staff allowed me to go. I'll take care of everything. I'm here," Eric whispered.

Slowly, Hyesung opened the door. Eric felt as if he opened his heart. Hyesung kept his head down, not wanting Eric to see his swollen eyes. The rapper only smiled sadly.

Hyesung suddenly felt arms around his neck, and the next thing he knows was that Eric was hugging him and surprisingly, he felt comforted, protected.

"No one will love you like I do," he whispered into Hyesung's ear. "I'm here till the end."

Hyesung hugged Eric back.

He was loved. And that was all he knew.

Hyesung won't cry as long as he has Eric. He won't cry.

 ---

Heya~ ^^ It's kinda short, haha. Anyway, I wanted to make this kinda like a one-shot compilation, so please bear with me.

Also, a little dark on the first chapter, don't you think?