final; gummy smiles and shy hellos

Gummy Smiles and Shy Hellos

final; gummy smiles and shy hellos

Taehyung bit her lip, nervously fixing her long hazel hair. She's been doing this for the past half an hour, hoping that she looks at least presentable even in her uniform. She doesn't think she's pretty but looking presentable would give her a boost of confidence.

She then fidgets in her seat and tries to continue studying like she always does on every fridays. However, everytime she tries to study her mind would always drift back to the pale boy that studies with her everytime she comes. It had only been four times since they've sat together to study (the first time had been because the boy didn't have anywhere else to sit and same goes for the second but for the other times, Taehyung didn't know since there were plenty of other vacant seats around her).

Usually he'd come around two in the afternoon after school and before his basketball practice—not that she's been stalking or anything—but this time he was later than usual and it kind of worried her.

(What if something happened? Is he sick today? Or did he go on a date or something?)

Taehyung finds him cute, extremely cute and he definitely has her attention. When he comes he'd show off his gummy smile that she finds the most adorable part of him. Taehyung finds it attractive that he still finds the time to study before his basketball practice. Where can you find a guy like that these days?

Pale boy was probably a few years older than her since she has never seen him in school before (eventhough he had a baby face and he was a few centimeters shorter but his unexpectedly deep voice when he greets her a hello, assures her that he's older).

Taehyung had always wanted to date someone a few years older than her since her mom says that they'd be more matured than boys her age. She's also wanted someone who plays sports but at the same time focuses on his studies. And oh, is it coincidence that he fits her ideal type? Maybe, she thinks. 

She hopes that he didn't have a girlfriend, as selfish as that sounds.

 

 

Taehyung waits for another hour for him to come and another hour after and another until she doesn't bother because she was too focused into finishing her homework and sometimes her mind would drift back to the pale boy, feeling a little worried. Not more than a little. Really.

By the time she was done with her homework, it was already six-thirty in the evening and she had to go home soon before her mom gets worried.

She frowns when she looks at the empty seat infront of her.

"He isn't coming. You're so stupid," she mumbles to herself.

She feels a pang of disappointment and hurt when she packs up her stuff, getting ready to leave the library after hours of waiting. 

She leaves the library with a sour face, shoulder slouched and full of questions in her head.

Taehyung looks at the grey sky, knowing that it was about to rain and heaves a deep sigh as she kicks the pebble that she saw when she was walking.

"Looks like the sky understands what I'm feeling."

That day she learns that she should never get her hopes too high because it ends up getting mercilessly crushed anyway.

 

 

 

Another week had passed, and it was yet again a Friday. Taehyung didn't look forward to it this time though. After last week, she never looks forward to Fridays any longer. Instead, she's been hoping that the week didn't pass so shortly. 

Taehyung, however, still has a tiny bit of hope left and she prays that pale boy is going to come this time.

 

 

Taehyung makes her way to the usual table that she sits at everytime she comes to the library, walking very slowly since she's a little tired after school and her math teacher had been quite an annoying earlier on.

(Perhaps it was one of those days in the month but that didn't mean the teacher had to be such a to everyone!)

Taehyung is a little late than usual since her teacher released the class fifteen minutes late and the library in school wasn't so close to her classroom. 

 

Taehyung pulls the chair and sits, completely unaware of the presence infront of her until she looks up.

She stays frozen, eyes wide and stares at the person she's been hoping to meet last week. She didn't expect him to be earlier than her since she's always the one that comes first.

Pale boy shows her the adorable gummy smile like he always does, and she guessed that her cheeks were turning crimson—which she guessed perfectly correct.

"Hello," pale boy says only enough for her to hear since it was a library and it was supposed to be quiet.

Taehyung stopped staring (finally!) and tries to focus on his opened textbook instead.

"Hello," she whispers shyly since she was still nervous around him. Which explains the fidgeting.

Pale boy chuckles softly and shakes his head, whispering "cute" thinking that Taehyung couldn't hear what he just whispered.

Taehyung curses the boy in her head for making her blush deeper and feel fuzzy and warm inside. How dare he make her feel all sorts of things!

It was quiet after that, the both of them busy doing their own things but after a while, Taehyung feels as if someone was burning a hole on the top of her head.

She looks up from her textbook, only to be stared back at by pale boy. Her grip on her pen tightens and she could feel her palms getting sweaty.

"Yes?" she squeaked (and she almost died from the embarrassment).

Pale boy his lip—and Taehyung was this close to passing out—unconsciously and he furrows his eyebrows, probably because he was thinking too hard, Taehyung thinks.

"I'm sorry I didn't show up last friday. I had something going on."

Well that was unexpected.

Taehyung was taken aback by the apology, obviously not expecting that he would actually apologize for not showing up. Mainly because they were probably still strangers to each other anyway. They didn't even know each other's names for god sake!

She was also getting nervous, thinking and asking herself if it was obvious that she looked relief to see him or that it was obvious she was sort of attracted to him and disappointed that he didn't show up last week.

"W-what? Don't be sorry. There's no need to apologize. It's not as if we planned to study together anyway. You just didn't have a place to sit," Taehyung managed to say eventhough her mind was all over the place.

Pale boy raised his eyebrows, not really convinced by her but nods anyway and mumbles a "whatever you say."

Taehyung had the urge to kick him.

 

 

Two hours had passed and pale boy was done with revising and his homework. He had nothing else to do—it seems—when Taehyung looks up when he was looking around the library with a bored look on his face and tapping his fingers on the table.

"Don't you..have basketball practice?" she asks.

Pale boy stops looking somewhere else and stares at her instead.

"How do you know I have basketball practice?" Pale boy asks.

Confusion and curiousity was written all over his face and Taehyung mentally facepalms herself because the thought of him not knowing that she knows about basketball practice definitely didn't come up in her mind.

"I just—I've seen you at basketball practice when I'm heading home that's all."

Good job Taehyung, way to sound stalkerish!

"Right, okay. There's no practice today. Coach couldn't make it."

Taehyung nods, but still doesn't feel satisfied after the answer. She wants to ask why he was still here if he has nothing else to do, but she figures that was none of her business.

At the same time, she doesn't want him to find her annoying.

 

 

 

Pale boy takes his leave when Taehyung does and walks with her all the way. The atmosphere was weirdly comfortable and it took Taehyung a while that Yoongi was taking the same route as her and also walking at the same pace beside her.

"Why are you following me?" she blurts out, immediately regretting after and she wishes she never said that.

Pale boy laughs (and Taehyung would love to hear it again because it sounded so damn beautiful) and ruffles her hair.

Taehyung blushes at the contact and huffs before fixing her hair, making it look nicer.

"You're cute, you know that? I'm walking you home of course."

Taehyung wonders if she was going to get a heart attack soon because her heart is beating so damn fast.

 

When they reach Taehyung's stop, Taehyung couldn't fight the urge to smile and she feels so happy and light it feels as if she was flying.

"Well this is it."

Being the awkward one she is, that's the best she could say.

"I know. I'll see you soon."

Taehyung nods, and turns to leave but stops when a question pops in her head.

"By the way, why did you walk me home?"

"Because I like you, of course. And I want to get to know you. So I guess you should get used to it because I'll be walking you home often," pale boy smiles, "and also, I'm Min Yoongi. Remember that!"

 

 

Taehyung swears if anything happens to her, it's all Min Yoongi's fault.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: 

Well there it is! So much Taegi Fluff. It's my first time writing fem!Taehyung and I enjoyed writing it so much and I hope you enjoy reading it too.

Comments are very much appreciated and encouraged. Upvotes and subscribes are loved.