Sorry, I don't want to marry you

Sorry, I don't want to marry you

Soo Hye had just entered University of Seoul, a university for media and art. The students call it ‘SM’ for short. Soo Hye hang around five boys whose group name was SHINee. The members include: Onew, Jonghyun, Key, Minho and Taemin. Onew was the leader and also Soo Hye’s older brother.

Everything went pretty well when one day Taemin and Key told Soo Hye they liked her. Soo Hye chose Taemin and rejected Key.

“I’m so sorry Key, but y-you see, I like Taemin.”

“My heart will always be yours.” Key would always reply.

They had graduated from university, Taemin and Soo Hye is still together and Key is still waiting for Soo Hye.

“Soo Hye, you know, Key hyung is actually a great guy to be with.” Taemin sighed as he attempted to hold Soo Hye’s hand.

“Oh, so you want me to be with him instead of you?” Soo Hye shook Taemin’s hands off.

“NO! HELL NO! I would never let go of you!” Taemin shouted as he took Soo Hye’s hand again.

One night, Taemin took Soo Hye to a restaurant, and there he proposed to her. Without a second of hesitation, Soo Hye accepted his proposal. They planned everything for their wedding party.

“Honey, which wedding dress do you like?” Taemin asked as he held up two dresses.

“Hmm... I like big, fluffy ones. I hate those long, silky ones.”

“Then what colour suit should I wear? Black, white or grey?” Taemin held up the three different colours by the hook of the hanger.

“I like you in white with a silver waist band, but if you don’t want to, it’s alright to wear something else, but please not grey.” Soo Hye pleaded.

“Okay, white with silver waist band it is.” Taemin chucked the black and grey down.

“What type of flower, honey?”

“White and pink roses, because it’s our favourite flowers.” Soo Hye smiled.

While Soo Hye was in the change room, the wedding planner came in and asked:

“Mr Lee, for that movie you wanted us to make, what music would you like to use?”

“Yiruma’s River flows in you and kiss the rain.” Taemin whispered. “Please make sure my wife doesn’t know anything about it, because I want to give her a surprise.”

“Arraso.” the wedding planner answered and left.

“Darling, do you think I look better with my hair up or down?” Soo Hye said while walking out of the change room.

“Hmm… Since I was little, I always wanted my wife to have her hair curled and half of it up.”

“Okay! Another problem solved!”

“By the way, do you like the ring I chose? It took me a long time to decide.”

“Yes! I love the heart-shaped diamond!” Soo Hye squealed and held up her left hand.

Taemin and Soo Hye then walked around the shops trying to find some pretty things so they can decorate their new house. Suddenly, Soo Hye’s phone rang.

*Ring Ring, Ring Ring* Soo Hye picked up. It was Key on the other end of the phone.

“Yeobosaeyo?”

“Yeobosaeyo? Soo Hye? It’s Key,”

“Oh, annyeong Key.”

“Soo Hye, are you free? I want to talk to you.”

“Umm… okay, meet me at the Beast café in half an hour.” Soo Hye replied.

“Honey, who was that and where are you going?” Taemin asked.

“It was Key, I’m going to meet him at the Beast café. Just shop around and I’ll call you when I’m done.”

“Well okay, don’t be too long, because I’ll miss you.” Taemin kissed Soo Hye on her cheeks.

Soo Hye then walked to Beast café and saw Key.

“What do you need to tell me, Key?”

“I heard from your brother that you are marrying Taemin, is that true?”

“Yes, it’s true.” Soo Hye replied.

“Are you sure that he is the one you want to marry, Soo Hye?” Key asked.

“Yes, he is the one.” Soo Hye answered without any hesitation.

“Okay, I wish you all the best.” Key said and had a sip of his coffee.

Just then, Soo Hye’s phone rang

*Ring Ring, Ring Ring*

“Yeobosaeyo? Taemin? You are bored of shopping? Oh, okay. Well, I’m done. Where are you? I’ll come and meet up with you. You are across the road? Oh, I see you. I’m coming. Bye.”

“Bye Soo Hye, don’t forget to invite me to your wedding party.”

“Of course I won’t forget, you’re our best friend.”

Soo Hye exited the Beast café and waved to Taemin, who was across the road. Soo Hye walked across the road when suddenly she saw Taemin shout and ran towards her. The next thing she noticed was Taemin pushed her backwards and he was crashed by a white van.

“TAEMIN!!!!” Soo Hye shouted and ran her life to Taemin who was 5 metres away from her.

“Somebody call the ambulance!!” Soo Hye cried and holding to Taemin’s bloody hand.

“I called the ambulance! Taemin, hold on. You’ll be alright.” Key shouted into Taemin’s ear hoping he will stay conscious.

The next minute, they were all in the ambulance. Taemin held onto Soo Hye’s hands and said lifelessly, “Soo Hye, I’m so sorry, I can’t make it to our wedding party.”

“NO! You can make it! You have to be there!” Soo Hye burst into tears.

“No, Soo Hye, listen to me, I want you to be happy.”

“I will not be happy without you, Lee Taemin!”

Taemin continued, “Soo Hye, I want you to be happy and find someone that I trust to take care of you.”

“Yes, that person is you, Lee Taemin.” Soo Hye replied grabbing onto Taemin’s hand.

“Soo Hye, marry Key. He loves you and I trust him.” Taemin pulled Soo Hye’s hand and laid it on Key’s hand.

“Key hyung, please take care of Soo Hye for me.”

“No! I will not marry anyone but you, Lee Taemin! How can you do this to me? You said you will never let go of my hand!” Soo Hye lifted her hand off Key’s and grabbed Taemin’s.

“Please Soo Hye, this would be my last wish, please help me to achieve it.” Taemin begged.

“NO! NEVER!”

“Please Soo Hye, if you don’t agree to marry Key, I will have to leave the world with sadness. Please.”

Soo Hye was very unwilling but she had no choice but to agree. Soo Hye nodded in agreement. Taemin looked at Soo Hye, he gave her his last bright smile and his hand slipped out of Soo Hye’s and left the world.

“TAEMIN!!!NO!!! DON’T LEAVE ME!! TAEMIN!!!” Soo Hye shouted and shook Taemin’s arm continuously.

“Soo Hye, stop, he’s gone.” Key pulled away Soo Hye’s hands.

At the hospital, a nurse came and asked Soo Hye if she agrees to donate Taemin’s eye tissue to a four year old girl who is suffering from an eye disease. Soo Hye knew that Taemin would like to help the little girl, so she agreed.

“Thank-you on behalf of Lee Gyu won.” The nurse thanked.

Two months after Taemin died, Soo Hye and Key was planning their wedding with the wedding planner.

“So, Mrs Kim, what type of wedding dress would you like?” the wedding planner asked.

“I hate being called Mrs Kim” Soo Hye muttered.

“Hmm? Pardon?” the wedding planner asked.

“Long, silky ones please.” Soo Hye replied.

“Soo Hye, what colour should I wear?” Key asked

“Grey.”

“Oh, okay, I’ll wear whatever you like.” Key smiled.

“Mr and Mrs Kim, what flower and music would you like for your wedding party?” the wedding planner asked.

“Roses and Kiss the rain please.” Key replied.

“Key, can I choose?” Soo Hye pleaded.

“Yes, of course!”

“Anything but roses and none of Yiruma’s pieces.”

“Why?” Key questioned.

“I just don’t like it.”

“Okay, if you don’t like it, we won’t use it.”

“Mrs Kim, how would you like me to set your hair?”

I would like my hair to be straightened and leave all of my hair down, please.” Soo Hye replied the hair and make-up stylist.

A week after planning, Soo Hye came home and saw Onew sitting on the couch.

“Oppa? Why aren’t you asleep?”

“Soo Hye, may I ask you why you are so mean to Key?” Onew snapped.

“What do you mean?” Soo Hye questioned.

“I found this.” Onew held up Soo hye’s diary.

“OPPA! Why did you go through my stuff?” Soo Hye shouted.

“Just because you chose a big, fluffy wedding dress for Taemin and your wedding party, you chose a wedding dress that you hate for Key and your wedding?”

“I don’t know what you’re on about.” Soo Hye turned around.

“Not just that. You wanted Taemin to wear white but you made Key wear grey which you also hate. You banned roses and using Yiruma’s pieces for your wedding because you think it belongs to Taemin and your wedding party!”

Soo Hye had tears running down her cheeks.

“Look.” Onew held up Soo Hye’s left hand. “You even asked Key to buy you any wedding ring but ones without heart-shaped diamonds.”

“I know! I know I am mean and unfair to him!” Soo Hye finally admitted. “But I can’t help it! I want to leave the best for Taemin and my wedding!”

“But he’s gone! Why can’t you just forget him and move on?”

“I can’t! I can’t forget him! I miss him! Did you know oppa, not even one night I can actually sleep well. I keep thinking of him!” Soo Hye cried. “I thought of suiciding, but I know I’ve got you, mum, dad and Taemin’s parents to take care of, so I didn’t.”

“Oh, Soo Hye…” Onew hugged Soo Hye.

“I only agreed to marry Key because Taemin wanted me to, Taemin left me nothing but memories and this will, so I must achieve it!”

The next day, Soo Hye went to an orphan centre for some volunteering work. She was walking through the corridor thinking of the happy times she had with Taemin when she bumped into a staff.

“Mianhe!” Soo Hye apologised as she picked up the folders of information that the staff dropped.

“Lee Gyu Won, five years old?” Soo Hye spoke to herself as she picked up a piece of paper.

“Yes, this little girl recently had an operation on her eye. Thanks to a kind lady who agreed donate her fiancé’s eye tissue to save this girl from being blind. She is now waiting for someone to adopt her.” the staff said.

“Can I please see her?” Soo Hye asked.

“Sure, miss…. Soo Hye.” The staff smiled looking to Soo Hye’s name tag.

The staff led Soo Hye to a room full with kid’s laughte­­­­­­r and screaming.

“Gyu Won-ah, please come here for a second.”

A girl walked up to the staff smiling like an angel.

“Annyeonghasaeyo unnie!” Gyu Won greeted.

“This is Soo Hye unnie, she is a really kind unnie that came to play with you.” The staff pointed to Soo Hye.

“Annyeonghasaeyo Soo Hye unnie!” Gyu Won looked at Soo Hye

Soo Hye kneeled down and patted her cheeks. Tears started running down Soo Hye’s cheeks.

“Soo Hye, are you okay? The staff unnie seemed worried.

“It was me who agreed to donate my fiancé’s eye tissue to her. Looking into her eyes is like looking into Taemin’s eyes. It seems like Taemin is looking at me.” Soo Hye sobbed. “Unnie, can I adopt her?”

“Yes, of couse! Gyu Won will be very happy.”           

That night, Soo Hye returned home and saw Onew eating his chicken.

“Onew Oppa, I want to discuss something with you.”

“I’ll talk to you later, I’m busy with my chicken.” Onew replied with a mouthful of chicken.

“I don’t want to marry Key.”

Onew stopped. He chucked the chicken down and paid attention to Soo Hye who was already crying.

“What? Why aren’t you marrying Key?”

“I don’t like him, and it was Taemin’s will that made me marry him.”

“Yes, then why aren’t you following his will?” Onew questioned.

“That’s because I thought he left me nothing but memories and this will. But no, I found out that he left me something else. He left me Lee Gyu Won, my baby girl.”

“WHAT?! You’re pregnant?” Onew nearly screamed.

“NO! Of course not!” Soo Hye clarified. “But I wish he did.” Soo Hye mumbled. “Gyu Won is the girl who Taemin donated his eye tissue to.”

“Oh…” Onew calmed down, but he went on. “But what about Key? He loves you.”

“I know, but you can’t force me to love him. If you force me to love him, we won’t be happy.” Soo Hye explained.

“Then when are you going to tell him about this?”

“As soon as possible, the longer it takes, the more it’ll hurt him.”

The next morning, Soo Hye rang Key.

“Key, meet me at the Beast café. I have something really important to tell you.”

Soo Hye was there at the Beast café, waiting for Key. She looked out the glass window to where Taemin was crashed by the van.

“Soo Hye, what do want to tell me?” Key sat down.

“Key, I’m so sorry.”

“Soo Hye, W-Why are you apologising? What’s wrong?”

“Sorry, I don’t want to marry you.” Soo Hye’s eyes became watery.

“Wh-Why? What’s the matter? Are you sick? What’s wron-?”

“Key, Key, listen.” Soo Hye interrupted. “It’s not your fault, it’s my fault. But can’t marry someone I don’t love. I have something more important to do.”

“And what is that?” Key asked.

“I have to take care of the girl whom Taemin donated his eye tissue to. Her name is Lee Gyu Won.”

“I don’t know how to take it, but, as long as you’re happy, it’s alright.” Key said with tears coming out.

“I’m so sorry, Key.”

Soo Hye stood up and exited the Beast café. Her eyes were blurred by the tears, so she wiped it as she was crossing the road.

*BEEP!!!!!!*

There Soo Hye was, on the ground, crashed by a blue Ferrari. She saw Key upside down and calling her.

“SOO HYE!! WAKE UP!!”

“Key.” Soo Hye said unconsciously.

“Yes, I’m here and don’t you dare sleep!” Key shouted.

“Key, if I’m going to join Taemin, please don’t be sad and find a girl that actually loves you. Don’t find ones like me.”

“You’re not going to join Taemin. Do you remember? You still have Gyu Won to take care of. You can’t just ditch her.”

“Key, if I don’t make it, give all my money to Gyu Won and tell Onew oppa to treat her like his own niece.”

“Don’t say that. You’ll be alright.” Key sobbed.

“Key, sorry that I can’t marry you.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

That’s the end of the story!! You guys can make up the ending, whether you want Soo Hye to live and take care of Gyu Won or have her wedding party with Taemin up in heaven.

Please comment and subscribe! If i have lots of subs i might make a oneshot about them in the afterlife :D

Please don't be a silent reader ...  :\

If you have time, please check out my other fanfics:

Too Late and First in first loved?