Falling

A Fool In Love

Jungkook sighed tiredly as he walked onto the soccer field after school. They had about twenty minutes between when school let out and conditioning started. Normally, they would just do exercises like sprints and ladders to get them in shape for season, however, that didn’t stop the boys from bringing a ball to mess around until Coach Choi made  it to the field. But that was not the reason he was sighing. He was sighing because a certain blonde friend of his.

 

“Tae-hyung...why are you here?” Jungkook groaned as he dropped his bag with the others at the side of the field, “You said you wanted to try out; in’t this a bit too much...work...for you?”

 

"Listen here you flat-footed cheerio hole, I’m here because I heard from a very reliable source-”

 

“Jimin-hyung?” Jungkook interrupted.

 

“A VERY RELIABLE SOURCE! That the kids who participate in conditioning have better chances of making it onto the team,” Taehyung finished.

 

“But do you even know how-”

 

Jungkook was suddenly cut off by none other than Park Jimin, who jumped out of nowhere and glomped the poor boy. (It wasn;t really no where but how often does Taehyung pay attention to his surroundings anyways?)

 

“Hey Kookie! Glad to see you here!” Jimin chirped happily, eyes crinkling up cutely.

 

Jungkook blushed bright red and Taehyung gave him a sour look, muttering “whipped” under his breath.

 

“Oh, Tae-ah, did you come to watch?” Jimin asked as he finally noticed Taehyung.

 

“No, I’m here to shampoo!”

 

Jimin blinked owlishly at the boy in front of him, arms still wrapped around Jungkook’s waist. His turned from Taehyung and looked up at Jungkook, “I don’t get it…”

 

“It’s not a joke,” Jungkook sighed, “He means that he’s going to participate in conditioning.”

 

“Oh...OH-WHAT?” Jimin gasped, breaking away from Jungkook.

 

“Yes, you people are really starting to bore me. Is everything I do such a surprise?” Taehyung rolled his eyes at the two boys.

 

Without missing a beat both Jungkook and Jimin replied, “Yes.”

 

“Aish,” Taehyung hiss, swinging his arm like he was going to hit them but stopping short, “I’m not going to stand around here with you turtle pansies anymore.”

 

Taehyung angrily ped his jacket and tossed it onto the pile of book bags before stalking off onto the field.

 

“I didn’t get that one either…” Jimin pouted.

 

“Me neither, hyung…” Jungkook sighed.

 

------------------

 

The boys on the field we mostly moving around and shooting at the goal, nothing too serious. It was just enough to keep them warm. Some of them were simply messing around, like Hoseok who decided he would join Jin in the goal and do a terrible job at it. Taehyung stopped walking suddenly, eyes trained on the goal area.

 

Jin.

 

Really, that man? Boy? Angel? What ever he was, he was perfect. H looked amazing to Taehyung in that moment, the stretchy black athletic material of his jacket snug against his shoulders and how his form fitting pant displayed his thighs when he squatted to catch a ball. Taehyung could have fainted then, if it wasn't for the happy virus (and Taehyung did not mean that in a good way) Jung Hoseok.

 

“Damn! Suga-hyung lookie at Tae-ah! He beats you in style!” Hoseok shouted from the goal box, finishing off with a wolf-whistle.

 

“Whatever, Hobi,” Yoongi rolled his eyes, aiming a ball straight for the boy’s head.

 

Hoseok squeaked and ducked, avoiding the ball, before standing back up with laughter.

 

“Tae-ah, did you make a trip to the nike store? Or did it come to you?” Hoseok teased.

 

“Actually I bought the store,” Taehyung smirked, “Mind your own business, pathogen.”

 

“Ooooo,” Namjoon laughed.

 

“Why you gotta be so rude?” Hoseok sing-songed, tossing the ball from earlier at Namjoon.

 

“I refuse to believe you are human,” Taehyung deadpanned, walking closer to the goal box, eyes roaming over Jin’s form, but the other boy wouldn’t look at him.

 

Taehyung frowned and stretched a bit, trying to make some movement that Seokjin would notice, but it was almost as if he were purposely ignoring Taehyung. Taehyung huffed and dropped his arms, pouting at the goal.

 

“Hey kid,” Suga suddenly walked over to him, ball at his feet, “Wanna try a shot?”

 

“Eh, I’m-”

 

“Yah, Hobi get out of the goal so Jin-hyung can have some peace!” Yoongi shouted, not waiting for Taehyung’s response.

 

He then placed the ball in front of Taehyung and winked before running over to Hoseok and grabbing him in a headlock.

 

Taehyung pursed his lis, confused at the older boy’s actions. He looked from the ball and then over to the goal. He nearly gasped when his eyes met with Jin’s. Well, he sure understood now. As long as Taehyung had the ball, Jin would have to look at him. Taehyung smirked lightly, maybe he should milk it while it lasts.

 

Taehyung stepped away from the ball and and hopped in place, before lunging forward. However, he stopped short of the ball.

 

“Aw, come on! Stop messing around and kick it, kid!” One of the boys on the field complained.

 

Taehyung merely side-eyed the boy before looking back at the goal. He stepped back again and stared Jin right in the eyes. Taehyung lunged forward and kicked the ball hard. Jin’s body jerked to the side, but he stopped short. The ball was moving on a path above the goal. However, what no one expected was for it to crest at the crossbar and bounce back. The really unexpected part only came afterwards, when the ball rebounded straight to Taehyung’s head.

 

Taehyung yelped as the ball made contact with his forehead. The hit caused him to lose his balance and he fell backwards. Unable to catch himself, Taehyung felt the full brunt of the fall on his back and head.

 

“Oh crap!” He heard Hoseok’s voice but his vision was black.

 

“Someone get the the nurse!”

 

“School’s over, she’s probably left.”

 

“Someone find Coach Choi!”

 

Taehyung groaned and shifted a bit on the ground. His head was pounding and he felt like he was swimming. He felt someone wrap their arms under his knees and upper back. Suddenly, he was hoisted up and though his eyes weren’t open, he swore his vision swam. Taehyung whined as he felt whoever had picked him up shift beneath him. His body was jostled slightly until his head was resting rather comfortably on the person’s shoulder. Taehyung blinked his eyes open in confusion. It took him a moment to get his eyes to focus but when they did, he almost passed out again. Kim Seokjin’s strong jaw and soft profile buzzed before his eyes. The senior student’s eyes flickered down at Taehyung before he started carrying the boy off field.

 

“Pabo,” Jin muttered as he hurried off the field and back towards the school building.

 

Taehyung could only blink in shock, a seemingly common response to anything Jin did as of late.

 

 

 

----------------------------

NOTE: Ha, looks like I finished earlier than expected. Sorry it's not much and not very planned out...not really betaed either...