Oops

Back To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Happy Birthday!” I greeted once I entered the shop.

“Aw, thanks! Wait up, I’m just finishing up here.” She looked up to acknowledge my existence and smiled before tapping away at her computer once again.

 

Every year on her birthday, Dae In would never bother to open her shop since it’s the only day she’s ‘entitled to get a break from her clients’. So imagine my surprise when she sent me a text asking to just meet up at the shop since her client ‘requested’ a last minute meeting.

Shaking my head, I sat down on of the couches as she heaved a sigh and started tapping her fingers onto her wooden desk. The tapping continued for a few more minutes before she exclaimed “Done!” and finally closed her laptop and slipped it into her bag.

 

“Ugh, finally! Let me just put on my coat and we’ll go, okay?” She smiled, standing up to stretch for a bit before grabbing her coat and putting it on.

“Sure. Why’d that client want to meet today anyways?” I asked as she gathered her things, making me do the same.

“Just minor changes and last minute requests. And still asking if I’d go on a date with him.” She rolled her eyes as we got out of the shop and made sure that it was locked before we started the walk to the train station.

“Ohhhh. So it was that client.” I chuckled. “Why don’t you just tell him you’re not interested?” I laughed and she snorted.

“I’ve already tried telling him that, but he apparently still isn’t giving up, so I just keep rejecting his invites. Tsk, and here I was kind of hoping Chanyeol would drop by...” She chuckled and I raised my brows.

“Ohh. So that’s why you decided to open half day today huh?” I chuckled, as we got onto the platform and waited for the train.

“Well, so much for hoping.” She mumbled, chuckling herself.

“Anyway, he probably won’t be dropping by the rest of the week since he said their schedule’s pretty packed.” I shared, and immediately her eyes shot to me.

“What? When did he say that? You guys talked?” She furrowed her brows at me before her eyes widened in realization.

“Oh my god, they contacted you already? What did he say? When will you meet  your fanboy?” She shot question after question and I chuckled.

“Well, he sent a message yesterday and asked if I could meet up with them because they’ll only be in Tokyo for a week, and yesterday was their only available day because they’d finish early.” I shared, as the train finally arrived and we hopped inside.

“So, did you meet them?” She asked, her brows raised in anticipation and I couldn’t help but laugh at her.

“Why do you seem so excited about this?” I furrowed my brows at her and she just rolled her eyes.

“Shut up. So did you meet them? Who’s your fanboy? Do you have a pic of him?” She continuously asked.

 

. Why did I even have to mention yesterday’s meeting?

 

I avoided her eyes and shook my head. “Nah.” I my lips and stared at the ground.

“What do you mean, “nah”? What did you do yesterday? So you didn’t meet them?” She furrowed her brows at me.

“Nope. I was busy.” I quickly supplied, bringing my attention to the window, as we passed through another station.

“You’re lying.” She noted and I turned my attention to her.

“No, I’m not. I was working on—“ I started but she cut me off, shaking her head at me.

“You avoided my eyes when you answered my question—“ My eyes widened and I started laughing.

“What? How does that even prove anything? It’s not like—“ I furrowed my brows in question before she cut me off again.

“Your answers were too short.” She gave me a pointed look and I was stunned to silence, raising my brows at her.

 

After a few seconds, I sighed in defeat and answered, “Okay, fine, I lied. I did meet them.”

 

“Oh my god! So how did it go? Was it TOP? It’s him, right?” She fired question after question and I rolled my eyes at her, smirking.

“Ha! You wish. His name was close though. And to answer your previous question, no, I don’t have a picture of him. There’s no need for a photo.” I half-lied and shushed her, noting a group of possible teenage K-Pop fans filing in the same coaster as us.

 

***

 

“Thank you again!” Yeol-hyung and I bowed one last time at the staff and crew before climbing into the van and savoring the warmth it gave. It was a windy afternoon, and surprisingly, my schedule will be clearing up pretty early today. Just one more phot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter