Fanboy Who?

Back To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From: 언쌤

Lee Jae-ah, remember your limited edition collab chairs with Medicom? They’re all gone! That same guy who keeps buying your artworks dropped by the store today and bought all five of them! Aigooo, he must like your designs so much~

                                    

Shaking my head, I chuckled, replying to her message. I met Dae In when I was in college. We bonded over Korean food and dramas, collaborating on story plots, and since I didn’t know enough Korean then, she used to teach me the language. After college, she opened up a store in Tokyo and – since we collaborated on a few artworks – allowed to house and sell some of my works there.

My phone buzzed again, indicating a text message.

 

From: 언쌤

Oh by the way, I have something to discuss with you regarding your art fanboy. Meet up with me and treat me to dinner if you want to know the details! See you!

 

Sighing to myself, I started calling her, but she wouldn’t answer. Instead, she sent another text message.

 

From: 언쌤

Yah, don’t call!!! Apparently, this guy here isn’t ‘him’. It’s his manager. Ooooh, what if your art fanboy is a celebrity? ㅋ Aish, fine I’ll just drop by your place later if you’re too tired to go out. ;) I’m closing up anyways.

 

***

 

“Sorry! I was in the middle of designing a client’s logo so I couldn’t go out. I’ll treat you next time, I promise.” I immediately said the moment Dae In showed up at my doorstep.

“Tsk, okay. You said that yourself, arasso? Next time!” She shook her head and went straight to the kitchen, to get some water.

“So what is it about this so-called ‘art fanboy’ again?” I asked, using air quotations as I followed her.

 

After having a gulp of water, she turned to me and smirked. Taking me by my shoulders, she led me back to the living room and sat on one of the couches, still with that full-blown smirk on her face.

 

“Okay, I’ll cut to the chase. Well, art fanboy apparently does love your work. And…” She paused, trying to build suspense, or well, at least that’s how she calls it. Rolling my eyes at her, I then raised my brows signaling for her to get on with whatever she was saying.

“Your art fanboy wants to meet you! Waaah, daebak, don’t you feel like a celebrity right now?” She scoots closer to me and wiggles her eyebrows.

 

Ignoring her last comment, I continued to question her, feeling actually nervous with her news. Don’t get me wrong, it’s flattering knowing someone likes my work that much to the point that they buy most of it, but meeting up – for God knows what reason – is kind of making me nervous. Those who buy my art don’t necessarily ask to meet up; and clients usually contact me first to know if I can handle a job before meeting face to face with me.

 

“Are you serious? Did he say anything as to why he wanted to meet me? Aish, I’m sure it wasn’t for real. If he really is a celebrity, he wouldn’t have time to actually meet up. Aigoo… What did his manager say anyway? And why didn’t they just contact me through phone or something…” I muttered.

“He didn’t say much. Just that your fanboy is in Tokyo for a wee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter