Detective X : Chapter six

Det. X

Minseok and Soojung walked slowly. Minseok was willing to walk Soojung home because he was concerned about her safety. While they were walking, Soojung and Minseok didn’t dare to start a conversation. Both of them were rather keeping their mouths shut.

“Erm… You should stop here. My house isn’t that far.” Soojung turned to face Minseok. Her hands were shaking nervously.

“No, I can send you.” he insisted.

“But your house is in the other way. It’s too far.” Minseok giggled. He shrugged. ‘I would do anything to you.’

“It’s okay. I’ll take the shortcut.” Soojung pouted cutely. Her sudden cuteness almost made Minseok fainted. He was calmed at the outside but insane in the inside. Sweats started to bead on his forehead even though it was really cold.

“Okay, I’ll walk to my house while you stay here and watch me. Is that okay?”  Soojung really didn’t want to burden him. He had agreed to help her and she didn’t want to owe him twice by sending her home. It’s such a burden. But Minseok thought differently.

Minseok nodded his head, agreed. Soojung walked slowly to her house. Deep inside her heart, she would really be pleased if he sent her to her house.

She took a quick glance over her shoulder. He was there, standing still without a move except for his smile. As she arrived, she raised her hand and waved at him. Minseok waved back and gave her a smile.

 

 

“How’s your day?” Minseok rubbed the back of his neck. Sehun jumped onto Minseok’s bed, making him bounced upwards due to the force.

“I sent her home.” Sehun shot up in a blink of an eye. He stared at him for a quite long time. Sehun gave him a ‘are you serious’ face. Minseok wiggled his brows.

“Yup,” Sehun gave him applause and punched his arm lightly.

“You’re a one brave guy!” Minseok spread his arms and smiled.

“I hope she wouldn’t freak out to find out the real psycho.” Sehun laughed like a hyena.

“She will definitely freak out.”

 

 

Two days had passed. Minseok hadn’t seen Soojung lately due to the case that he had to solve. Soojung couldn’t keep calm. She was searching for Minseok but she couldn’t find him. She asked his friends; Sehun, Jongdae and Jongin, but they said the same thing.  They hadn’t seen him lately too. Soojung felt uneasy.

The final bell rang at 2 p.m. She packed her stuffs quickly and on her way to home. For some reason, she felt something was amiss. Her phone suddenly rang. Minseok’s name appeared on her phone screen. Soojung swiped her screen and answered the phone call.

“Yah, Mr Detective, where had you been these days?” Soojung asked, almost yelling.

“I know where the psycho is right now! Go to the rooftop of our school. Come quick!” Minseok hung up.

Soojung’s heart skipped a beat. Her hands were trembling. Tightening her phone, she ran back to school. Running as fast as she could, she never knew that she had the ability to run really fast and had a really great stamina.

Arriving at the way to the rooftop, she ran up the stairs without hesitate, skipping two stairs at a time. She pushed the door with all her force.

Then, what she saw wasn’t as she expected. A tall boy was standing in front of her. He was backing her with his fine back. Soojung was stuck on her feet. Her heart couldn’t stop racing so fast as if she was chased by a hungry ghost.

The boy laughed sarcastically.

“The view is so breath-taking.” he started. ‘That voice.’ Soojung thought. She never knew that psycho was him.

“Why are you sending me those things?” she asked with a really unforgiving voice. Tears started to shed in her eyes.

“Because I really like you, Choi Soojung. You’re very attractive in my eyes.” Soojung clenched a fist. She was about to punch him but the boy made a swift move and caught her hand.

“You couldn’t beat The Great Zhang Yixing.” the boy named Zhang Yixing grasped her wrist tightly.

“Let me go, psycho!” she screamed at him.

Zhang Yixing was her childhood friend when she was 10. Soojung moved out from China, leaving him behind with his heartbreak. Zhang Yixing never had a chance to confess his feeling to Soojung.

“Thanks to a friend of mine, I was able to send those notes to you.”

“Why are you being like this? We’re friends!”

“But I Really Like You! I had never got a chance to confess to you!”

Her tears were left unshed.