Chapter 1

Spaces Filled With Love

GD’S POV

“Jiyong,  my most trusted, and reliable man. I need some assistance from BIGBANG. There seems to be another gang quickly rising to power, 2NE1, and I want them taken care of. Kush give them the details. The mafia head was followed out with ten of his men, all with black suits and polished shoes. The once tense atmosphere eased up, but nobodys guard had dropped.

“Kush Hyung, who’s 2NE1?”

“Well G, four girls trained by the best of the best. Don’t let their innocent faces deceive you, they are quite deadly. If I had to say, they would be the female BIGBANG.”

“Hyung..” Daesung whined.

“No Daesung, I’m not kidding, they have quite an impressive history. Sandara Park, the social one, she has contacts in some pretty high and far places due to her bubbly personality. Gong Minzy, the youngest of the four, but also the quickest. She has won 8 consecutive titles in underground racing. To top it off, she can hack anything in the matter of seconds. Ri, you better brush up your skills.”

“What hyung, I’m the fastest and nobody can surpass my hacking skills.” Kush just chuckled softly.

“Park Bom, second in command, daughter of the second most feared gangster in Korea.

“JYP?”

“Yup, not only that she is the legendary woman who single-handedly defeated the Suju Gang.”

“Suju, no way, they must have been drunk.” Seungri cackles. Everyone else just shake their heads.

“Bom has learned numerous fighting styles, that could give Dae here a problem.”

“But hyung, you forgot that I can K.O someone with just a smile.” He flashed his pearly whites.

Finally CL, the leader of the group, and the worst of the four. She has a killer aim with any, and every weapon out there; her favorite toy, a simple automatic pistol. They are all around your age, but the only difference is that they go to a high school.”

“Wait, are you telling us, THE BIGBANG iest men in all of Korea, to go to high school?”

“No Ri, YG is telling you to go to high school.” Everyone just smirked, at Seungri’s confused face.

Looking around, these people had become my family; without these idiots, I don’t know what I would have done. If it wasn’t for that day, I probably would have been dead somewhere. I couldn’t help, but get lost in my thoughts.

When I was five, my mother had died in a car accident. Hundreds of unknown faces came to our house that day, and I was met with pity glances. My father would look at me with hateful eyes. After that, he started coming home drunk every night. One day he didn’t come home at all--I waited all day. They blamed me for her death, I blamed me for her death.

 

“Omma I want to go to the park.”

“Jiyong-ah, Omma doesn’t have time right now, she has to get back to work. Appa will take you when he comes home.”

“No Omma, please just today. I did all my homework and cleaned my room. Please Omma Please.”

“Ah fine. Just for a little while. Go get you jacket Jiyong.”

“Yaaaaaaay, let’s go.” As soon as he saw the park in sight he bolted towards the swings. His mother just chuckled and sat on the nearby bench, basking in the sun. She loved watching Jiyong play, seeing him smile at her, animatedly waving. He was the joy of her life. She glanced around, and noticed the ajumma who lived two houses down had brang her son to the park as well.

“Ah, Mrs. Dong how nice to see you.”

“ Oh Mrs. Kwon I haven’t seen you here in a while.”

“Jiyong was insisting to come and play, and I just couldn’t say no.”

She glanced over at him, and he was kicking the ball around with Mrs.Dong’s son. Resting assured she went back to her conversation. Half and hour had passed, and she needed to get back to finish the housework.

“Jiyong-ah , it’s time to go say bye to your friend.  Mrs.Dong I need to be going, my husband will be coming home soon, and I haven’t finished cleaning.”

“Well, hope to see you soon Mrs. Kwon.” His mother gave a beautiful smile, the kind where wrinkles would form around her eyes.  Jiyong’s mother was a marvelous woman, she was petite in frame, but the love in her heart far surpassed her height. She radiated when she talked to anyone, and no matter how bad her day was, she made sure to have a smile on her face. Even if they weren’t rich, the fact that she had her husband and Jiyong, made her feel as if she was the happiest woman on Earth.

“Omma Omma look, Kikwang gave me the ball. He said he had a lot at home, and I could have this.”

“Well isn’t that nice, did you say thank you.”

“Of course, I am my Omma’s son.” He beamed, she gave a melodic laugh and they walked back to their home. On the way there Jiyong was so excited with his new ball he couldn’t help but bounce it around.

“Jiyong you will get hurt.” In all his excitement, he didn’t pay any heed to his mother’s words. That was when he accidentally bounced it too far. Their house was visible, and she had noticed her husband had come home. She smiled widely and waved towards him.

“Oh, I got it.” He ran to get the ball at lightning speed, but at that exact moment a car came into view, swerving out of control, and was heading straight at him. Jiyong was stunned he didn’t know what to do, he should have ran, but his feet were glued to the ground. All he could do was stare at the car in shock. His Omma glanced over at him and saw the car. She started  shouting for him to move as she ran to him with all her might. Just as the car was about to collide with him, she pushed him out of the way; instead, taking the hit herself. Then there was blood, lots and lots of blood. Jiyong just sat there on the ground with tears rolling down his face. The voices around him became background noise, people were asking if he was okay, but he didn’t hear a word. He was just stunned. Someone picked his mother up and put her into an ambulance, and thats when he came back to reality.

“Omma don’t go, don’t take my Omma” He was holding on to the man who put her in. All his words were muddled with his crying. Jiyong’s father came over and yanked Jiyong off the man’s leg.

 

“No!” The ambulance door shut and rushed off to the hospital. Jiyong was running right behind it crying, his vision distorted. He trips on a rock, but he picks himself up and runs right after them. Slowly, the ambulance sound gets lost in the distance, and everything goes black.

 

When he wakes up, little Jiyong is alone in his room, and just as frightened. He needed to find his Omma, he had such a terrible dream. When he walks into the kitchen, all the aunties are crying, and his Appa was just staring out into the distance.

 

“Jiyong.” His Appa snaps into reality and charges toward Jiyong.

“This is all your fault.” *Crack*  The slap echoes through the room. This wasn’t a dream his Omma had died because of him. His uncle came, and took his appa away to cool down. The aunties try to console the poor little boy, but nothing could make him feel better.  He didn’t eat, his Appa would refuse to look at him, and there was constant fighting in the house. The reason for it all--Jiyong had to go get that ball.

“G, you ready to go?”

I snapped back to reality.

“Oh yeah, I was just thinking of something.” Youngbae patted my back, and we sauntered over to the rest of the group.