Here to work.

It gotta be you.

Soeun was running late. She got into the auditorium just in time when the director spoke. It was so crowed and being late deserved to be left behind. Her cast mates were all blocking her view. She could only listen while staring into everybody's back. 'Jaerim?' Did she hear wrong? It's not possible, right? It's not him, it's not. Over the years she took a step back from the internet. Other than keeping herself busy, she focused on reading & upgrading her knowledge in all sectors in the library. It helped her got over him easier. 

Jaerim was glad he took up the casting offer. The plot was good & he was curious who the female lead was. He hoped they could click else it would be difficult filming those mature scenes. He glanced over the cast and all the females were sneaking their "hi" to him when the director introduced him as the male lead. It disappoint him a little to see these actresses are fan-girling over him. Yet when he heard him called out Soeun's name, his eyes looked all over. No, it's not his Soeun. But why ain't the girls answering? It was then soft whispering of "sorry, I'm here" & the directors loud voice that made the cast around Soeun shifted to give her some space allowance to get to the front. Their eyes met when she lifted up her face. Jaerim's world freezed. 'She has gotten more lovely & matured. Womanly beauty yet still having her signature baby face.' 

The breakup was a slap for Jaerim. He had been pushing himself to the max, grabbing every opportunity that came his way. Soeun supported him but he'd lost himself. He slowed his pace to shower his attention on his family & friends. They were all surprised by his visit & reprimanded him for neglecting them. Yet their bond grew stronger at his effort to build back the r/s. She taught him the hard way. Everyone needs somebody. She needed him, a min a day yet he can't even accomplish that. So much for being the attentive & cheesy man during his WGM days. As she mentioned, he should focus on his career for now. Relationship is not the right time yet. He listened & had been single since. 

"You two know one another, don't you? The best couple of WGM range of seasons! But looking at you two now, after the project ended, you two ended too huh? I knew it! It's scripted to act that way isn't it? You two indeed are my right choices for this drama. Com'on, break the ice Jaerim! This is your ex wife!", the director said as he brought both Jaerim & Soeun's hand for a firm shake. "Eun ah! You're the lead? Oh my! I think I have lots of scenes with you, my girlfriend. Hi everyone, I'm Kimbum - 2nd lead.",Soeun's embarrassed face was saved by a sudden arm wrap around her neck by a much taller guy. Yet the closeness wasn't what she asked for til she heard his voice and glanced at the too-close-for-comfort-guy. "Bummo????? You've been casted in this drama too? Wait a min, whose your gf?! Great, now I won't be able to rest if there's a chance.", Soeun replied warmly with a teased. Jaerim was looking directly at the two, never once blinking. He saw KimBum's sudden attack on Soeun. He heard him call her girlfriend. His fist clenched tight. 

All main cast were seated. Jaerim & Soeun each took a side of the directors. Followed by Kimbum & Hyeri as the 2nd lead and the thread of strong supporting actors & actresses. The director briefed on the storyline & said he'll be using their birth name in the drama. Jaerim is taking up the role of a son of a powerful mafia. He was trained since young & had been the pillar of Korea's underworld gang leader after he took the reins from his ailing father. Soeun is a undercover cop under Jaerim's pack, had been in it for years to fish out all dirts on them. Kimbum is Jaerim's right hand man, his childhood playmate & also the boyfriend of Soeun. Hyeri is the appointed fiancé of Jaerim. The plot revolves around brotherhood, betrayer, justice, love & death; Who will come up as the final contender. 

The script reading begins. Everyone showed their profession, leaving behind any traces of im-familiarity. Jaerim showed his flexibility, being the ruthless & cold leader towards the mafia group but switched to the teaseful friend towards Kimbum & his family. Soeun's bubbly character in the police force & how she transformed into a chic & y pole dancer who attracted Kimbum at first sight & became his girlfriend. Kimbum acts as the 2nd man in the mafia group. Less ruthless than Jaerim but is a playboy behind Soeun's back. Hyeri projects herself as the bimbotic daughter of Jaerim's mother's long time friend. Since young she had been chasing Jaerim around & manged to clinch on a deal to be his fiancé. The first dry run ended with the director's roar of compliments & decided to treat all staffs to a BBQ dinner. 

Jaerim sat infront of Soeun. Her eyes never once looked into his. Kimbum was taking too much of her attention while Hyeri had been tugging his arm, asking him to drink with her. "Soeun ah, you still drink like a power horse? Let's cheers! To the success of the drama.", Jaerim said in need to get her sight on him. She smiled gently and raised her cup to say something but both Kimbum & Hyeri joined in the cheers, cutting her off. It pissed Jaerim. The two idiots got drunk and made a mockery out of themselves. "I bet you guys didn't know we dated before huh! During our university days, after the Flowers over Boys project. Right Eun?! I'm sorry I didn't take our r/s seriously. I was still a kid back then. Give me a chance now. It's been one year already.", Kimbum slurred in his drunk talk. All eyes were on Soeun, waiting for her confirmation. Even Jaerim didn't know that Kimbum was her ex boyfriend and kinda envied that they can still appear as good friends after the r/s ended. What ticked him off was the curiousity behind his last two sentence. 

Soeun wanted to leave immediately. Kimbum had blurted out all the unnecessary information bout them. She saw Jaerim's expression. She did not tell him about her past when they were still together. He never asked, she felt it was not important. Before someone caught hold of KimBum's last sentence, she decided to bid the night but luck wasn't at her side. "Eh? What 1year is he talking about? Kimbum! What 1yr?", the director pestered him. "I've been waiting for her since our last collaboration. She just keeps brushing me off! And it's not like she's seeing anyone. But I know many guys likes her. She's just so lovable. I don't want to give up. Eun arh......", Kimbum finished his last sentence & started snoring. 

It calmed his heart to know she's single. Yet to know her ex boyfriend had been waiting for a year to get her back irked him. 'Ive waited all my life for her!' Jaerim thought to himself. Just as Soeun excused herself to make a call, Jaerim trailed her footsteps. "Hi, yes I would like to book a cab. The address is xxxx xxxx xxxx. The passenger is dead drunk, I might need your help to hold him with me to his door step, will that be alright? Great! Thanks. 10mins? Ok." As Soeun turned, she was facing Jaerim. "Oppa.", Soeun whispered. "Finally you acknowledge me huh. Are you gonna send Kimbum back yourself?", Jaerim asked. He felt discomfort knowing Soeun will be stepping into a man's house like that. "Cancel the cab, I'll send both of you.", Jaerim intercepted Soeun & pulled her hand along in his while walking back to their room. "Oppa, you don't need to hold my hands, I'm not drunk. I can walk by myself", Soeun said as she tried to wriggle her hand off Jaerim's but can't. The grip was too strong. 

Hyeri had been trying to get Jaerim's attention throuout the night but not once did he budge. She had admired him since he saw him on WGM. She made many moves on him. Even with the help of her manager, he wasn't keen in starting any form of friendship. Many said he had toned down on his cheesiness for a reason. "Jaerim Oppa! When did you become this serious? I'm curious. The past you seems to have vanished. Your shining phrases now is 50% during WGM.", Hyeri asked in her drunk state. She managed to get a spot in his car when she saw him leaving with Soeun & Kimbum, saying she stayed very near to him. "I'm married to the woman I love then. Now there's none.", Jaerim replied as he glanced to his right at Soeun. "Then have one now! I like you! I've called & texted you before but you never once reply." Soeun's heart squeezed. It reminded her of the past. A part of her was glad because Jaerim ignored all these girls. 

It was difficult to explain when Hyeri asked why Jaerim dropped her first. It would be making one big round. "It will be more appropriate for Soeun to hold you than me. And I gotta get Kimbum home too.", Jaerim said. As they were dragging Kimbum to his apartment, he muttered, "Eun ah, you still smell so nice." Jaerim stared at him. Does all guys say that to her? "Do you always keep such close distance with the opposite ? They can practically smell you?", Jaerim asked harshly which surprised Soeun. "No I do not! We worked on projects together, naturally he'll be close by. What's that suppose to mean? None of them attracts me anyway.", Soeun's temper was rising by the second. His soft reply "I hope it stay that way." confused her. 3 years ago & now, this man is still the only one that could affect her heart's palpitation rate. It was also thanks to this night, Jaerim got to know Soeun has shifted to her own apartment and also the first guy permitted to send her home. 

Filming officially begins. Many times Jaerim had to force himself to focus. Seeing the transformed Soeun blew him away. Her pole dance performance made many eyes widen. It wasn't too much, it was pure alluring. Her eyes & body movement was sensual. She indeed has grown up. Her acting skills showed a different level. Times where Kimbum was interacting with her made him stare so hard. He knows they were filming, he can't help it. Seeing her dancing around with earpiece plugged on brings a smile on his face. The director had to repeatedly remind him he's not supposed to have this blissful look in his character at that moment. It made it seems like he's the boyfriend instead of Kimbum. Jaerim was suppose to discover his attraction to Soeun bit by bit through curiousity. Hyeri had been noticing Jaerim's attention on Soeun. She went up to her & asked," What's your r/s with Jaerim oppa? Do you like him? Did he confess to you? He keeps looking at you all day!" Being the truthful her, Soeun answered," We are colleagues at the moment. He's a nice guy, he does catches my eyes. The girls here are chasing after him. I don't. No. Why should he? Besides, we worked on WGM in the past. Arnt you curious whether your partner improved in their performance? That's all." Jaerim heard their conversation. Looking at Jaerim putting his arms around Hyeri, kissing her on the lips made Soeun turned her head away. She felt a piercing pain at such sights. She knew she still care everything about him. 

All staffs received the next few episodes of the drama script. "What?! Eun ah! You are going to have a bed scene with hyung?! Director! You are breaking us?!", Kimbum exclaimed as he flipped the pages & that section was highlighted as the crucial part. Soeun was surprised. She was happily browsing through pages where indicated she'll be shooting some guns. She had never done bed scene with anyone before. "Director, did my agency give the green light on this? I was not told of this scene in the beginning.", Soeun asked. "It was added in by the writer. It adds the intensity of the characters. Are you not comfortable with it? Perhaps you might want to inform your company." Soeun read the storyline. She agreed that the scene adds in the flavours & decided to go for it. Jaerim's mind was in a blank at KimBum's exclaimation, followed by Hyeri's whining. 

"Oppa, I need help in this. I've got no experience in this no matter how many times of related movie I've watched.", Soeun went up to Jaerim days later. Within himself, he was jumping up & down knowing Soeun asked him for help with her inexperience. "Do you want to come over to my place for practice later? I'll try my best to assist you.", Jaerim said as he looked at Soeun's pinkish cheeks. Will work & personal feeling clash?