History & Present.

It gotta be you.

It was Jaerim's 30th birthday & WGM production planned a surprise party for him after the couple's usual recording. They had previously filmed celebrating his birthday & it was played yesterday. It showed how Soeun planned & carried out the event all by herself; There were a string of activities.

The day started with Soeun bringing Jaerim out of Seoul to some argriculture plantation. She got to know that he had bought a farm & decided other than reading from books, he might need a real farmer to give him some guidance. They wore boots and got dirty together after planting some veggies, etc thats accomodatable in the winter season. Jaerim couldn't hide his excitement on how their harvest would turn out to be. But he was even more glad that he got to experience this with Soeun & she never once complained about the cold weather or the hardship. She kept her sunshine smile throughout even when both had their faces & arms smeared with mud after the much playful interaction. If he was attracted to her carefree character previously, she was even more attractive in his eyes after this period. 

After getting cleaned up, she drove them up a hilltop. Jaerim started his teasing on Soeun, exclaiming she's kidnapping him to prevent him from meeting other women. Soeun then instructed him to put on the blindfold which he obediently did after some pulling & pushing negotiation; no peeking else he'll have to go home himself, she'll drive off without him. They both can't stop laughing. The car stopped, Soeun carefully lead Jaerim out and prevented a bump when she protected his head with her hand. "Look! I'm having such sense too! You are not hurt right?", Soeun said. "I've taught you well, haven't I? You've met a good man. You must have done plenty of good deeds in your previous life!", Jaerim joked. The sight before his eyes awe him when he removed his hindrance. Before him was a glass-house, lighted up with warm bulbs. They had a joyful dinner and before the night ended, a group of servers surrounded their table, gave him a complimentary mini cake and started singing the birthday song. "Make a wish! Quick!",Soeun insisted. "I wish to have your love, Soeun ah.",Jaerim said out clearly while looking into her eyes. 

Everyone could see that Jaerim was smitten by Soeun & vise versa but they ain't a couple. Or so they assumed. Infact, the couple had been exchanging texted & calling one another frequently since their Turkey trip. It was in the car back to Seoul after the glass-house dinner, where the cameras were off, Jaerim told Soeun he's serious on his wish made earlier. Soeun kept her silence while her cheeks were beef red. WGM team made Soeun carried the cake to Jaerim when they wrapped up the day's recording. After the singing & blowing of candle, Soeun surprised everyone with "You already have my love". The crowd cheered thinking it's the continuation of last week. But Jaerim knew better. The couple left together & officialised their r/s. 

The honeymoon period lasted 6mths. They were lovey dovey in any ways without being caught by anyone. They loved one another even more, their on screen chemistry sparked nation wide. But they insisted they were not dating. Rising popularity soon took a toll on Soeun. She was more than happy that Jaerim had finally gotten the recognition he deserved but at the same time his time was fully scheduled with work. His calls & textes got lesser. He either did not pick up when she calls or only replied "I'm busy, I'll call you soon chagiya, I promise". She waited and gave a deep thought. She felt his career was more impt than r/s. She loved him this way & she will let him go. He didn't have time to maintain a r/s & her waiting for him silently isn't gonna work well. She would rather end it now than take all these situation to start a argument with him. "That's loving him, right?" Her thoughts became action. 

It was happening again. 4years ago and now. Yet it pained him more this time. 4years ago he could not provide for the girl he like, she left him. Now, he had forgotten he has a woman he love pinning for his attention, be it just minutes. His schedules were packed. She never once complained about him not having time for her. Each video conference they had, her smiles were as bright, her eyes were shining with affection. It was her occasional textes a day unread, a call a day unpicked made him realised she had left a thread of voice messages. He had lost his time management in the midst of being wanted by many. Fans, female idols, actresses, calls & textes his personal phone. He ignored all but never realised that these overrided Soeun's plead for attention. And when he finally got a day break to stay home, he slept throughout the day and was then reminded of his girlfriend in his dream. 

Jaerim jumped out of his bed to reach for his phone. Speed dial #1 - Chagiya. The ringing went 3 times & her voice was heard. "Soeun ah~ where are you? I'm home! Do you want to come over for dinner? I'll go pick you & we can buy some ingredient & spend some time together! Hello? Hello? Chagiya?", Jaerim enthusiastically suggested. Receiving his call was like striking lottery, hearing his full of energy voice made her missed him more as tears started coulding her eyes. "I'm home too. Sure! So I'll see in in 15mins? Alright, ride safe Oppa.", Soeun replied as they both hung up the call. 

Him pulling her into his embrace, kissing her forehead lightly could easily erase the hollowness she felt during his busy period. But she knew spending time with him was like a dream. It's perfect yet it's short lived. He's no doubt a gentleman who knew how to treat a woman right. His attention on her was 101%. His nearby supermarket assistant saw them but Jaerim wasn't bothered. As they laid on his couch watching movie, Jaerim shared his schedules with Soeun. "Oppa, let's break up." This made Jaerim sat up straight & looked at her. "What are you talking about? You are kidding right? What's wrong? Tell me? Is it me?", Jaerim continued questioning her. He could not believe it. They were still so loving a minute ago & now she's initiating an end to their r/s. "No, it's me. I have a boyfriend yet why does it seems like I'm single? I am lonely but I've kept myself busy yet missing you upsets me. Not hearing from you is slowly breaking me apart. I don't expect any returns in a r/s, I don't wish to demand any thing from you. I love seeing you rise in your career. But it really hurts, you stopped texting, you stopped calling, you never replied, you never return my calls. Am I too demanding this way? I'm sorry. I only wanted a min of your time everyday. Is that too difficult? The voice messages I've left, it's still unheard right? I hate being this way. I know you're busy i know you're tired. So, let's take a break shall we? You can concentrate on your job while I'll tune myself to become a more selfless woman.", Soeun said. 

Jaerim knew no matter how he try to save this r/s, it wasn't gonna work. Soeun's tone was firm. She wasn't kidding & when she's made up her mind, there's nothing he could say or do. Every sentence she said pricked his heart. He didn't know he had been neglecting her. He didn't realised he haven't been contacting her, he didn't notice she had been trying to contact him to the extend she left him voice messages which he dosent know existed. If he was treating the girl poorly 4yrs back, he was worse now; stabbing knifes into Soeun's body all these while & she didn't once uttered her displeasure. She's unhappy, he had to free her. The last meal, the last time sending her home, the last hug. Jaerim started tearing when he searched for Soeun's textes, the number of missed calls & the recorded voice messages. It was the least no. of contact. Misc people contacted him over hundred times but his girlfriend considering his busy schedule only contacted him less than 50 times over the pass 2 mths. Her textes were mainly telling him her day & asking how was his, missing him, ensuring he eats & sleep well, asking for a date, showing ayego to perk his day, etc. All these were unread & unheard. Jaerim tears dripped on his plam that was covering his eyes. He knew he had let her down. Letting her go was the right way, even if he didn't want to. 

2 years went pass. Soeun & Jaerim never once crossed each other's path. They were both occupied by their own projects. Neither one had been updating on the entertainment news. Soeun didn't want to be reminded of Jaerim & Jaerim didn't want to know anything about anyone. Their managers updated them accordingly when required. They both moved on, living their life as fulfilling. But destiny don't knock on your door just like that. If they were fated to meet again, perhaps they might meet once more. 

"Soeun, take a look at this drama story. They are asking you to be the lead and hoping you will take up their offer. I've read the brief scenario, it's pretty good. It's a role you'll never imagine yourself in. Think bout it alright?", Soeun's manager passed her the script. 

"You are wanted Jaerim. The director insisted you & is willing to accommodate your timing. Here's the script, then let me know your decision. Not sure whose the female lead though. But that's not important right?", Jaerim's manager said. 

"Is everyone here yet? First if all, thank you all for accepting the roles. I hope we will have a fun time working together! Now, shall we start the first script reading & roll up the main characters? Ok, I saw you Jaerim... Now where my lovable lead actress? There you are! Soeun! Don't hide behind everyone, you ain't that tall!",The drama director welcomed all. Their eyes met one another's in shock.