Final

Yaja Time

Finally done. I'm sorry if it took a while. I had fun writing this tho the title is Yaja Time, I feel like it's more of teasing and yeah. Lol. Well, you judge it. Don't expect much from it. I feel like I failed OTL *still hoping that you'd enjoy reading it*

2,752 words. Woah.

 

 

 

 

 

After a long day at the recording studio, the girls decided to just loft around the dorm doing their usual rituals and whatnots. They won’t be having that much free time for about a good two months, at the least because of their upcoming back. They’ve been waiting for years for this, having their very first album and sharing the blissful moment with those who they consider as a family; their own families, the staff, their seniors and even their juniors who are working hard to debut someday too. And of course, the four of them, who have worked hard enough to achieve their dreams. This is just beginning, and they’ve planned to stick together until the end.

But back to reality, or rather the situation in their dorm. Irene’s having a good time listening to the playlist which Wendy have created for her because said girl loves recommending great songs and Irene doesn’t even complain about it. She loves music as much as she loves purple; she argued once with the whole group. Seulgi, on the other hand, is hibernating in her usual spot – Joy’s lap – on the sofa. Her definition of free time always have the words, “Sleep, fun, adventure or Joy” or sometimes, all of those that have been mentioned combined. Wendy’s busy reading a book that she’s purchased a few days ago at the bookstore.

But Joy, though she likes to serve as her Seulgi unnie’s pillow most of the time, she wanted to do something interesting at this late hour. It’s been a while since they’ve played together. She’s already come of age but she remains as the same playful and cheerful maknae who wants her unnies’ attention on her.

Just a week ago, Hayoung and her became pretty close; that’s when she discovered that Apink’s calm and timid maknae has a playful side too. Whenever they have a few minutes to rest for rehearsals, Hayoung would always tell her stories about the pranks she’d played on her unnies before and the plans she still has in mind to do so in the future.

 

“Have you ever played a prank on your unnies before? Or any form of fun games that would embarrass them? Or just any plain tricks you have up your sleeves?” Hayoung asked.

“You sure do have a lot of questions.” Joy chuckled. “Not that I remember anything. I’m not the type to pull a prank on them on a daily basis. Not like someone I know…”

“Hey! It’s fun!” Hayoung tried to defend herself.

“They always pull a prank on me. I’m usually Joohyun unnie’s target.”

“Irene unnie really is that playful off-air, huh?”

“A little too much, if you’d ask me.”

“I’ve got an idea. We played this game once during a broadcast and whenever I get the chance to play my role as the cute maknae, I try to lure my unnies to play that game with me over and over again. I love Chorong unnie’s reaction the most.”

“Is it that satisfying that you’re grinning from ear-to-ear?”

“You bet! In this game, the maknaes rule.” Hayoung gave her a knowing smirk.

“Tell me about it?”

“Sure, pleasure is mine. And sometime soon, I hope you do it with your unnies.”

 

A poke from her left cheek woke Joy up from her trance.

“Why are you smiling to yourself? You’re so creepy.” Seulgi, who obviously just woke up from her slumber, asked with her (always) squinted eyes.

“It’s nothing, big dumb bear unnie.” Joy stuck her tongue out.

“A nothing from you always means something.” The younger girl gave the older (who still has her head on her lap) a look.

“I want to play a game.”

“As long as it will not lead into Irene unnie and Wendy going at it like bunnies tonight, then I’m in.” Seulgi got up and sat down instead.

“Do you really think I’m that erted, unnie?” Joy scoffed.

“Well…” Seulgi shrugged. “But no one encompasses Wendy-”

“I think I heard my name.”

“I said Wendy not Irene, unnie.” Seulgi sighed.

“Going at it like bunnies…?” Irene walked closer and raised her right brow.

“Shoot. You heard that?”

“I did too.” Wendy came up from behind the couch.

“Shi- stop doing that, Seungwan!”

“Sorry, Seul.” Wendy gave her an apologetic smile. “But I’m quite curious with this game maknae wants to play.”

“Doesn’t mean you can barge in and give me a heart attack…” Seulgi muttered to herself.

“So, what’s this game about?” Wendy asked Joy who kept silent all along.

“But you never like playing games with me.” Joy pouted.

“Gosh, just this once, I will. Just stop it with the pout and the aegyo!” Wendy covered her ears.

“Deal!”

Two down, one to go.

“What are we playing again?” Wendy asked after recovering from Joy’s attack.

“It’s a game called yaja time.”

Irene paled as Joy said it.

Yeoja time? Is this like a game where I can have all the girls that I want? OUCH!”

Seulgi grabbed Wendy on the ear.

“, it’s YA-JA not yeo-ja.” She scolded Wendy. “How do you even manage to tame this wild beast, unnie?”

“I don’t know either. She still amuses me up to this moment.” Irene smiled as Wendy struggled to get her ear out of Seulgi’s tight grip.

“Umm, the game?” Joy whined.

“I don’t wanna play.”

“But Joohyun unnie~ I promise I won’t bother you and Wendy unnie during your alone time.”

“…”

“Pretty please?” She used her big round puppy eyes.

“…Fine.”

Joy mentally cheered.

“What’s in it for me, then?” Seulgi asked.

“Midnight snack, for just the two of us. My treat.” Joy proposed.

“You have yourself a deal.”

“Aww, that’s nice. Quality time for the two of you but,” Wendy glared at Seulgi. “Can you let go of my ear please?”

“Oops. Sorry.”

“Yeah, oops.” Wendy rubbed on her ear. “Anyway, you obviously all know what this game is about and I’m the clueless one as always.”

“It’s not a hard game, Seungwan. It’s more of a verbal and mind battle.” Seulgi explained.

“I’m not really good with words…”

Oh you, whose smile is brighter than the sun

My sweet, the reason that I live

My love, oh dear Bae, I’d conf-”

“SHUT UP, KANG!”

Irene, Seulgi and Joy laughed.

“You’re pretty good with words, dear.” Irene comforted the fuming girl.

“I can’t believe I’ve shown you that poem.”

“Even if you didn’t show it to me, I’m pretty sure Joy would snoop it out and tease you like there’s no tomorrow.”

“Gi unnie!  I’m not that evil.”

No one reacted.

“Okay, fine. Maybe I am.”

“Joy, you’re evil. Seulgi, you’re a dumb bear. Bae, I love you but can someone please explain the rules of this game?”

“Was that ‘I love you’ really necessary?” Seulgi faked to puke.

“Oh clueless unnie, it’s very simple. We can ask questions, favors and such but the older ones need to talk formally to the younger ones and the younger ones would talk informally to the older ones. The older ones… should be as docile as kittens.”

“In short, it’s suicide for Irene unnie.” Seulgi added.

“That’s why I didn’t want to play it in the first place.” Irene gave Wendy a small smile.

“But that means we’ll be treating you like you’re the youngest.” Wendy’s eyes glittered.

“She’s getting the hang of it already.”

“Okay, everyone. Gather ‘round and let’s get this game on the road.” The maknae happily announced.

 

~*~

 

“Before I forget about it, I’m adding a twist in this little game of ours.” Joy cleared as the other three moved closer to form a circle.

Irene sighed, “What is it?”

“You have to do whatever I, the real maknae says.”

“Basically, you just want to boss us around.” Seulgi pointed out.

“I’m cool with it. It’s a game anyway, let Joy have her fun once in a while.”

“This is why I love you, Seungwan unnie.”

“Love you too, brat.”

“So do we have a deal?” Joy asked of the three.

“Deal.” They all answered in unison.

“How long are we going to keep this up again?”

“Two minutes, for starters. Is that fine with you, Irene unnie?”

“Sure, it’s only a short time.”

Oh I’ll have so much fun within the allotted time.

“Park Sooyoung, you’re showing that ‘I’ve got something evil in mind’ kind of smile again.”

“Of course not, Seulgi unnie. Enough with all the explanations. I’m going to set the timer and when it starts, we’ll do too.”

Joy grabbed the timer at the foot of the sofa.

“3, 2, 1… It’s yaja time.” The mischievous glint in Joy’s eyes were so visible that the three wanted to back out but the game has started and they knew that Joy’s already won the moment they’ve decided to play with the evil youngest.

Joy set her eyes on her first target, “Bae Joohyun, would you act cute in front of us?”

Irene widened her eyes in disbelief. She really hated doing aegyo and Joy’s going to pay for everything once this game is over.

“Y-yes, u-unnie.” Irene formed her hands into fists and did a rather adorable bbuing-bbuing.

Seulgi chortled as she watched their ever charismatic leader, fall into the hands of their maknae in this one game.

But her happiness was cut short.

“Seulgi, sit on Wendy’s lap and kiss her on the cheek.” Joy commanded.

“WHAT?!”

“Do it. And you forgot to call me unnie, by the way.” Joy grinned.

Wendy gave Joy a stare that held a ‘are you ing serious about this because Irene’s going to kill us, including you’ hidden message.

“Oh I’m serious, Seungwan.”

Irene only remained silent despite the retaliations from both the 94-liners.

“Let’s just… do it, Wendy err, unnie.”

Seulgi awkwardly placed herself on Wendy’s lap and placed a chaste kiss on Wendy’s left cheek.

“Tell her that you love her Seulgi. In a cute way.”

Seulgi wanted to retaliate but that won’t do her any good so she did what Joy said.

She placed her arms on Wendy’s shoulders, “I love you, Wendy unnie~”

Seulgi quickly dispersed herself out of Wendy’s lap and went back to where she was seated.

“Gross.” Wendy let out a low groan.

“Hey!”

Joy didn’t even gave Wendy time to recover as she questioned her next target,

“When did you last have , Son Seungwan?”

Ohdeargod, give me the courage not to throw this girl out of the window.” Wendy uttered in perfect English.

“I’ll let that one go because I didn’t understand a thing.” Joy scratched her head. “So?”

Wendy was hesitant to answer at first because it will not only embarrass her, but her other half (who was suddenly interested with the patterns on the wooden floor) as well.

To hell with this, “Just this morning, Sooyoung u-unnie.­

“Where?”

Seulgi has already forgotten the past events as she’s having fun watching the internal battle between Wendy and Joy. As for Irene, she’s too busy examining the wooden floor to care.

“In uh, Irene’s bed, unnie.”

“What time, exactly?”

“When you and Seulgi were out for a jog, unnie.”

“How many rounds?”

At this time, Wendy’s already have her jaw on the floor. But she won’t let Joy win against her. She’s always been bold and if this is how Joy likes to play, then she’d get what she wants.

“It was a fast make-out session. No rounds are counted.”

“Was it good?” Joy teased.

“You should ask Irene. I give, she takes.” Wendy countered, “Why do you know so much about these things, unnie?”

Seulgi then found peace with observing the patterns on the wooden floor alongside Irene.

“None of your business, brat.” Joy coughed.

The timer’s beeping sound pierced through the tension-filled living room.

“IT’S FINALLY DONE. I’M NEVER DOING THIS AGAIN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, NOT WITH PARK SOOYOUNG.” Irene burst out.

“Okaaaaaaay.” Seulgi moved away from Irene’s flailing hands.

“But that was too short! Joy only had her fun, and mind you,” Wendy side-eyed the maknae “That’s what you call yaja time? Next time, make it longer.”

“But you had this morning.”

“Why you little-”

“One of our fan’s actually sent me a UFO Reply regarding that. A little rated but I wonder if I should tell our fan that you and Irene unnie made out this morning…”

“Say that and I’ll tell our seniors that you made out with Seulgi inside a Ferris wheel when you were still underage.”

Unnie…”

The two youngest continued to bicker as the two oldest watched in amusement.

“Are they trying to destroy our group when we haven’t even released our first album yet?”

“Trust me, Seul. They’re only good with empty words.”

Seulgi glanced at Irene and started,

“This morning… that explains the state of your bed.”

“You don’t want to start with your scandal at the theme park, Kang.”

 

~*~

 

“Stupid bear.” Irene stared at the ceiling and rolled on the bed.

“I heard that, Joohyun unnie! You know I’m right here but I’ll let it pass since Joy and I have somewhere to go to.”

“Go where?”

“Midnight snack. We’re going to order a take-out so it won’t take long. No funny business in that short time, okay?”

“Well you better not do something extreme at the restaurant, bear!”

“Noted, Baechu-nim.” Seulgi saluted.

“You two take care.” Irene chuckled.

Seulgi closed the bedroom’s door.

She heard muffled voices outside and the bedroom’s doorknob being opened yet again.

“How was your argument with Seulgi a while ago?”

It was Wendy.

“Bearable.”

They both laughed.

“And you with Joy?”

“Joyful, I think?”

Wendy climbed on her side of the bed and faced Irene.

“Nonsense.”

She pulled Irene by the waist and kissed her on the lips.

“Does that make sense?”

Irene placed her head underneath Wendy’s chin.

“Sure does.”

“Are we going to sleep early today?”

“If you call one in the morning early for sleeping, then yes, we are.”

Wendy traced circles on Irene’s back with her forefinger.

“Don’t do that, it’s distracting.” Irene placed a kiss on Wendy’s neck.

“That’s even more distracting.” She felt Wendy’s husky voice reverberating and that only made her want to cuddle into the warmth that is the said girl’s whole being.

“Anything you want me to do, Bae?” Wendy her hair.

She clung onto the girl’s loose shirt and with a sleepy voice, she said,

“Just hold me closer to you.”

 

~*~

 

“I wonder what those two are up to?” Seulgi asked the younger girl as they walked hand-in-hand on the still bustling streets of Seoul on their way home (with a whole fried chicken purchased in a plastic bag).

“Sleeping?”

“I doubt it.”

“Me too.” Joy scrunched her nose.

“Why’d you say that in the first place?”

“I have high hopes.”

“Aren’t you witty?”

“I ain’t called genius girl for nothing, dearie.” Joy winked at Seulgi.

“Hah, and since when did you start calling me ‘dearie’?”

The younger girl stopped on her tracks,

“Your hands are freezing.”

“I have yours to keep me warm.” Seulgi smiled despite the obvious reddening of her nose.

“You’re sweet and adorable but I don’t want you to get sick.” Joy untangled the thick scarf on her neck and placed it around Seulgi’s instead.

“You had your fun a while ago, huh?” Seulgi only stared at her feet and ignored the fast beating of her heart as Joy fixed the scarf around her neck.

“It won’t stop there.” Joy pulled Seulgi closer by the scarf until the tips of their noses touched. “I’m a full-pledge adult now and that means I can do a lot of things that I wasn’t able to do before.”

“Like wha-”

The older girl felt the latter’s lips on her own.

“That.”

“Oh.”

Joy grabbed her hand as they continued walking.

As if kissing on the streets, at two in the morning was a normal thing to do.

“Come along. You’re not a polar bear, you’re my bear so it’s best if we’d walk faster. It’s getting really cold.”

Seulgi can only smile at how caring Joy can be most of the time. She maybe a funny and easy-going kid but when she wants to be caring, she really does it with all of her heart.

“Sooyoung?”

“Hmm?” Joy looked at her with curious eyes.

“Always keep me warm.”

She felt Joy’s hold on her hand tighten as she stared at the girl’s crescent-shaped eyes.

“Always.”

 

 

 

 

 

And kkeut. Despite the title, I... don't know. I still feel that I'm lacking in a lot of aspects but I am satisfied with the last part. Specially JoyGi. This ship needs to soar high and a lot of loving. Haha. I love genius girl and popular girl together as much as I love seeing blue and pink together. :3 Don't worry, I still love WenRene very much. They're my main OTP after all. (;

A lot of stress from school. It's only the beginning of 2015 but... argh. #letsstaystrong I'm thankful that I got high grades for my major subject tho. Stress, drama from the fandom and one of the few things that keeps me going these days is Red Velvet. They really are a source of happiness. I can't wait for their comeback.

I'll keep this A/N 'short'. If there are any grammatical errors, I'll correct those by tomorrow.

 

Comments, thoughts, violent reactions are all much welcomed. Drop one by on the comments section below.

Thank you for patienly waiting for this update. Subcribers, readers and upvoters alike, xoxo :* 'Til next time!

 

~ XOXO