I Can't Take It

Just So You Know

It's a bright sunny day and Taemin had a good long sleep. He opened his eyes.

 

"Aniyo. This is not happening..." Taemin got his eyes wide open. Is he really seeing this? Or is he only seeing things? He looked under his quilt to make sure.

"Anya...Aish...I'm so dead." Taemin sees himself with no clothes and he has no idea he slept with all night.

"Ottoke..." Taemin sat right up and looked at who's still curled up in bed covered with white quilt.

"Mianhae, -ah...I didn't mean to." Taemin wanted to panick. Minho is going to kill him if he finds out.

 

Before he leaves 's house, Taemin writes a note.

 

"-ah, I didn't know what happened last night...I barely remember...Mianhae...Whatever happens, Minho shouldn't know..Let me know if you're okay. Taemin."  

 

 

wakes up in the middle of the afternoon. She had the greatest dream ever.

 

"I do really hope it happens..." is incessantly smiling while she opens her eyes to look at the clock on her side table. She sees a note.

"Who's this fro-" The moment she reads it. She didn't know what to do. She just found out that she made out with her best friend's boyfriend and didn't remember a thing. They were too drunk.

"Otokke...Otokke..." slaps her forehead. She wished it was just a dream. She reads the last phrase which echoed in her head.

"Let me know if you're okay..." She gets her phone from the drawer and just stares at it.

"Should I call him? Should I act like nothing happened? What if-"

 

 

Call from Taemin...

 

"Yosebyo?" tries to change her voice in a happy tone.

"-ah...About last night...I-"

"Taemin...It's fine. Don't worry. I got it all covered. Arasso?"

"Ara...But, you're not mad at me are you?"

"Ani. It's not your fault. It was just an accident."

"What should we do?"

"Nothing, Taemin. We'll stay the same. If you get what I mean..."

"Nae..."

"I need to go...I'll...I'll make a call. Make sure he's okay."

"Nae...You should...He's worried..."

"Bye, Taemin."

"Bye...Oh, ?!"

"Nae?"

"Jeongmal Mianhae...I-"

"Taemin...As I said...It's all good. Our friendship is all that matters."

"Arasso. Bye."

 

 

After that call, stayed home having a lone time to get a piece of mind. Her phone snoozes.

 

 

Tomorrow: Taemin's Birthday!

 

"Holyasdfghjkl!" slaps her forehead one more time.

 

 

 

Call from Minho...

 

"Yeobo?"

"....."

"Yeobo...Jebal...Talk to me...Jeongmal Mianhae..."

"Kwenchana..."

"Yah...It's Taemin's birthday tomorrow isn't it?"

"Nae..."

"Let's give him a surprise birthday party."

"We should..."

"When do you want me to come by your house to talk it over?"

"....."

"Yeobo? Are you still there?"

"Ah- yeah yeah! Uh...Just come over tomorrow...I'm...Not feeling well today..."

"Arasso...Jeongmal Saranghae. Stay safe."

"I will. Bye."

 

 

The whole day, is stuck at home thinking of what she should do. She wants to be honest with Minho. But she still can't do it now. She doesn't want to hurt her own boyfriend. On the other hand, she comes to think of Taemin. It's a very hard situation for her. All she could do is pray. She can't go back in time now. She just had to face the consequences of the accident.

 

The next day is ready to get out of her house. She's ready to talk with Minho about Taemin's birthday party. And maybe the accident as well as soon as she's ready.

 

"Jagiya...I think we should do it here in your house. Let's invite him over." Minho suggested.

"I think that's a great idea, yeobo! I should call him now..."

"Taemin? Nae...Do you want to come over by my house and have dinner?"

"Perfect. Arasso. See you..."

"What did he say?"

"He's definitely coming over. I think you should cook this time."

"But-"

"Come on! It's Taemin's birthday!" pouted like a cute pup.

"Arasso..."

"Yay! Let's buy the ingredients so we could start."

 

 

They bought all the ingredients needed and Taemin is just right in time for dinner.

 

 

 

DING DONG.

 

 

"I'll get it!" ran for the door. It's Taemin.

"Happy Birthday!" greets him warmly and gives him a hug before entering.

"Kamsa." As Taemin enters he smelled something really familiar.

"Mmmmmm. It smells really good in here!" Taemin walked all the way to the Kitchen and sees Minho wearing an apron who just happened to finish arranging the dinner table for three.

"Taemin! Happy birthday!" Minho approached him happily and whispered something in his ears.

"I'm really sorry about what happened. I shouldn't act that way." He gave him a wink after leaning to his left side.

"It's all good, hyung." Taemin is glad their all okay now.

"Yah! Guys! Let's eat! My stomach is grumbling!" sat at one of the chairs and started to unfold the napkin placed above her plate.

 

 

They are having such a great time. Just like the old times when they're just together and hanging out. Then Minho suddenly asks a question to his dongsaeng.  

 

 

"Taemin...When are you ever gonna get a girlfriend?" Minho wanted to know.

"Huh?! Me...I- I don't know...Maybe I haven't found her yet..." Taemin takes a bite from his steak.

"You don't have to be a perfectionist in finding somebody..." Minho adviced.

"Let's just say...I found her...But...Someone already stole her heart already..." Taemin gave a different stare.

"Aww...That is too sad..." 

"You're very lucky, hyung..."

"I am. I'm very lucky. I've got the girl of my dreams." Minho stares sweetly at and gives her a peck at the back of her hand.

"I'm lucky as well..." exchanged looks with Taemin.

 

 

"I had a great time..." Taemin exchanged goodbyes with . Minho left ahead for some appointment.

"I bet you did."

"Why is it that you seem not awkward...You know...With me?" Taemin suddenly blurted. He's not drunk this time.

"It's because you're my best friend and I don't want anything to change between us..."

"That's it!"

"What's it?!"

"I can't take it anymore!"

"Taemin, what's wrong-"

"I'm in love with my best friend's girlfriend!"

"What-"

"I'm in love with you!" Taemin broke into tears. He just can't hide it anymore. He has been hurting.

"Taemin...I- I didn't..."

"What happened last night...It didn't mean anything to you right?! It is just another accident isn't it?!!!"

"Taemin! If you only-"

"I just knew it, !"

"....."

"I'm not waiting anymore!!! I'm done!!! I may not know exactly what my future looks like...But I do know one thing!"

"Taemin..." She started to cry bitterly.

"You're not in it! Bye, ."

"Aniyoooooooo!!! Taemin!!! Jebaaaaaaaaaaal!!! Don't do this...." She tried reaching for his arm but he shoved it away. It was just too late.  dropped on her knees crying her heart out.

"Taemin....."