one

Why?

chapter one

"Hold up; you're just going to dump me in a foreign school and you're not even apologizing? What is this!" I let out a deep sigh of disbelief as I widened my eyes and looked at the man who abandoned me 16 years ago.

"Ally Parker, I am your father and you are not to use that tone on me! You must, and will attend the high school that I have prepared for you in Korea." He huffed out in irritation at my attitude and behavior.

I refused to listen.

The next thing I knew, I was shipped off in an airplane over to Seoul to study. "How great," I muttered in anger as I faced my new home, reaching out to turn knob of the dormitory. However as I was about to turn it, the door flew open in my surprise while a petite and gorgeous girl stood in place.

"Ah! You must be Ally!" She chirped in excitement as she gave a toothy grin. "I'm Young-Ji and I'll be your roommate from now on. I hope we will get even closer as time passes by!"

Feeling her enthusiasm, I gave her a warm smile. "I'm Ally Parker, and you can just call me A though..." I trailed off in awkwardness as she gave me a weird look and replied, "But Ally is a pretty name! I don't get why you would want people to call you A."

It was as if on cue that  I felt as if I belonged here when I heard Young-Ji. She gave me a sense of belonging like no other. Without further ado, she invited me into the dorm which were further split into three.

It was as if the rooms were branched out as the walls caved in for extra space, creating three bedrooms without doors. In the middle of each circular space was a single bed with a table it's right side which I guess was used for studying purposes. At it's left, against the wall and facing the bed itself was a bookshelf where we could place our books on. It was really an expensive sight, together with the carpeted floor and a couch and a coffee table in the middle of the dorm itself.

"Woah," I gawked in amazement as I stared at the interior walls. Young-Ji just laughed at me reaction as if it was a given. "Well, you're going to have to take the last room over there," she pointed to the empty bed- "why not you set up your place for the mean time and maybe I'll show you the school later? Class starts first thing tomorrow and just nice that it's a Monday, but you'll have to collect your schedule from the administrative office later which I'll be bringing you to." With a nod, things were settled as I headed to unpack and Young-Ji continued what she stopped halfway.

Time passed fast as two hours went by in an instance. Seeing it was already six in the evening, I rushed over to where Young-Ji was sitting, intending to notify her of the time. However, I stopped in my tracks as the brunette was already fast asleep on her table with drool slipping out from her lips. Ew, I wondered as a giggled escaped my silent laughter. Looking at her, I realized that she was rather gorgeous, with her bangs covering her eyebrows and her perfect complexion staring back at me.

I looked at the time again; it was six-ten. Not wanting to disturb the sleeping beauty, I then proceeded to check out the school myself. Sliding through the doors quietly, I made my way through corridors of dorms and tried to figured the way to the administrative office. Passing through lockers and classrooms, I started to feel even worry with every step I took. I was lost, and when I meant lost it didn't mean the oh-I-can-still-figure-my-way-out-of-here type of lost.

It was the -I-seriously-can't-find-my-way-out type lost.

I fastened my pace as I took hasty turns, only to lose my way even more. The more I walked around the more anxious I got, causing me to lose my cool. Soon enough I was panicking like a loser as I ended up at a dead end. "Ugh, what the did I end myself in?" I muttered to myself as I sighed in frustration. "How could I be so stupid!" 

Trying to calm down, I closed my eyes for a few moments as I took deep breaths and cooled down, trying to think of solutions so I could get my out of this situation. "You lost?" A sudden voice piped up beside me however, startling me to no end. 

"Oh my god!" I almost screamed out. "Who the hell are you?" 

Looking at me, he scoffed. "Well, I thought you would be looking at me with desperation in your eyes instead. Ain't I your prince charming right now? I've come to save you y'know."

Wow, his arrogance really pissed me off. I thought about his offer, but thought better of it as I rather spend more time than hang out with that arrogant attitude of his. "No thanks," I plastered a smile and headed right pass him, back to where I came from. Taking one last glance at him, I realized that he was better looking than when I first laid my eyes on him. His jet black hair was styled in a really messy quiff with strips of pink messed in-between. He also held a really charming but yet cutesy charisma with him that made me want to turn back and ask him to take me to the administrative office.

What are you saying Ally? On cue, I cussed myself internally. Why must I be attracted to such good looks. Damn.

I guess thinking of him just really got me on the side of luck somehow as I ended myself at the administrative office, just where I intended to be at the very first place. Taking a step in, I helped myself with the staff there and told them who I was, as they automatically prepared my schedule for me. "Here you go." The receptionist smiled as I gave a slight smile back. I guess the staff here were friendly as well. I mean, this was the best school in Seoul there can ever be: Jeguk High School.

With the best staff and best facilities, Jeguk High raised many students who excel in their studies. It focuses on both academics and arts aspects so hence given the title of the best school in Seoul. It was also rumoured to be one of the richest schools and students with parents of high positions in the world of economy and business enroll into the school. Of course it was only a rumour, but seeing as what it is now, I believe it more than ever.

Heading to my dorm room with ease, I managed to locate my locker on the way back as I took a peek inside. It was pretty damn grand, I might even say. Taking my time, I examined corridors and classrooms as I passed by each of them. They were all unique in their own way, but all so similarly grand that I was lost for words - literally. 

As I made my return, Young-Ji was already pacing around the room with a worry plastered all over her face. As she looked up to see me, she stomped over and shook me. "What were you thinking going out alone! Did you get lost? Are you okay? Did anyone come after you?" All her questions came at once that I could not help but laugh at the look etched onto her face. 

"I'm fine Young-Ji, really!" I giggled continuously as she gave a relieved sigh and chuckled along. However, that one minute of happiness was ruined with a slam of the door.  

"I seriously cannot believe what an he has become- No, like seriously you should have seen his face. It was literally bull; all the words he told me were absolutely bull." A girl strutted in, casually tossing her paper bags over to Young-Ji at the same time. Her wavy blonde hair with emerald green strips dyed flung along with her struts as I looked over at her with disbelief. "Yup okay, I'll see you tomorrow. And I swear I'm going to knock some sense into that stupid head of his. Like what the ? Okay, bye."

As she hung up her phone, she looked over to Young-Ji and I. Simply raising an eyebrow, she gestured at Young-Ji; completely overlooking me. "What are you waiting for? Put my bags over there like you usually do," She asked with an arrogant tone, squinting her eyes in disgust at her. Clicking my tongue, I scoffed. "Uhm, I'm sorry but does Young-Ji look like a servant to you?" I asked her with an eyebrow arched. She disgusted me to no end, from her arrogant attitude to her skimpy outfit. 

"I'm sorry who are you?" She asked in a disbelieving voice as she took her steps towards me, but I simple stood where I was. I dared her to come closer. However, it was as if she remembered before I could even say anymore of my thoughts, "Right! You're Ally Parker." She then pointed at herself- "Well, I'm Jessie Kim. Daughter of Amanda Kim, the principal of this school. I believe you know who she is." 

She gave an menacing smile that really just wanted to make me laugh, to be honest. Her words couldn't be anymore disgusting than her own attitude. Giving a look of disbelief and at the same time mockery, she immediately caught up and piped up again. "Oh I forgot to mention! No wonder your Dad dumped you; your attitude must have pissed him off. It is, after all, absolutely disgusting.

I clenched my fist for as hard as I could and I gritted my teeth. I could see Young-Ji at the side telling me not to do or say anything rash as I held myself back from all the cusses I wanted to spill. As that stood in front of me smiling all 'innocently', she was obviously mocking me. Not able to stand it, I went over to my bed and took my bag which was lying there as I said through gritted teeth.

"Young-Ji, I'll be back. I think this room is stinking up too much due to a certain someone; I need some fresh air, sorry." Giving Young-Ji a look of apology and giving the the most faked smile I could muster, I left. Hearing that however, she gave a yell. "Ya-!" But before anything else, I had already slammed the door and was already making my towards where I know best so far - the empty classrooms. 

 

Well, you definitely know where 'Jeguk High' comes from huehuehue. So! Do comment what you think! This is only the beginning so lots of information and no action. But don't worry, action will defi come soon huehue