ONE

FORGIVE ME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How far should someone go in the name of love? This was the question Kim Myungsoo has been debating about since a tragedy came to his life. At twenty-two, he should be enjoying life as a normal young adult. But, no, nothing in his life had been normal since the day he met Krystal Jung.

            He was fifteen when the normality in his life was lost. Myungsoo got married to the daughter of a rich mogul who had been running an entertainment company and their marriage has not been the typical one especially that a merger had been on the works underneath. While the business alliance was successful, their marriage wasn’t. Well, on the first years anyway. You couldn’t possibly expect for two teenagers who met once or twice in a business party to get along quickly just because they tied the knot. Over the first two years of their marriage, they fought a lot and it could be easily inferred that they didn’t like each other. No, scratch that. They hated each other. However, little did they know that as their banters grew so as their affection to each other. So, needless to say, three years after their matrimonial ceremony, they were completely, deeply in love with each other.

            When Myungsoo finished high school, he joined his father’s company and became the youngest director. He helped in running the business his father had inherited from their ancestors. Krystal, on the other hand, went to college to pursue her dreams of being a film director. The university she had chosen to attend wasn’t far from his office so, during lunch breaks, they’d meet at the nearest restaurant to eat together or sometimes, Krystal would cook for the both of them and they’d eat it in the company’s lounge. To make matters more perfect, Myungsoo’s parents gave them their own apartment unit and from then on, they have been living together.

            But nothing perfect lasts forever because it wasn’t long before a tragedy came knocking at their door. It was a lovely spring day and Myungsoo was busy making his presentation for the upcoming board of directors’ meeting when his phone rang. It was Sunggyu, his best friend. He did not pick up the first two calls and let them  go to the voicemail. However, when Sunggyu called again, he figured that it must be urgent so he finally picked up.

            “What?!” he said, annoyed. “If you have something to say, make it short. I’m busy.”

            “L, it’s Krystal,” Sunggyu said, in between ragged breaths, as if he had been running. “She fainted and was sent to the hospital.”

            Myungsoo’s head jerked up at the mention of his wife and was not able to end the call because right at that moment, he was out of his office in a rush.

            When he arrived at the hospital, the nurses led him to a private room where his wife is. After entering, his eyes were quickly diverted to his beautiful wife lying perfectly still. He would not have noticed his friend, Sunggyu, standing against the wall if the latter did not clear his throat.

            “What happened?” he asked Sunggyu in a whispered voice.

            “She fainted durin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter