Hi, this is your girlfriend speaking!

I Am Coming For You

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi wakes up with a really, really sore body. And she immediately freaks out with a certain thought.

 

 

Well. Thank god, she still has her clothes on.

 

 

So it turns out that she has spent her night sleeping in the bathroom, where she has locked herself from Joy’s after-drug effect last night.

 

 

 

The barista sighs before carefully opens the door.

 

 

With one foot out in the living room, she scans around and it seems like the coast is clear. Another foot out. It’s quiet.

 

 

 

So Seulgi uses her elf ears to pick up all the possible signals of the giant’s whereabouts.

 

 

Some light snoring. The girl must still be in deep slumber.

 

 

She is now in a dilemma of fleeing back to her cave or staying with the young giant.

 

 

Taking a peep at the girl sleeping peacefully on her bed as if nothing had really happened last night, Seulgi has to admit that she is indeed kind of cute. 

 

 

 

 

“Kang Seulgi.”

 

 

The bear jumps a little but she later realizes it’s just Joy’s sleep-talking again.

 

 

“Why? How can I say that? I’m doomed……”

 

 

She somehow manages to understand some of those incoherent nonsense words from Joy who is snuggling with her covers like a baby.

 

 

While her eyes nearly pop out from her sockets watching Joy’s lips jut a bit, forming a kiss to the air. It looks sort of funny and creepy at the same time.

 

 

 

 

The smile on the barista fades as she recalls how they accidentally kissed last night.

 

 

It’s not that she doesn’t like it.

 

 

She is just confused and doesn’t know she should do next. For she isn’t sure if Joy really means it or she is just her random target after being drugged.

 

 

 

Joy has been all amiable and friendly to everyone. Sometimes evil but still cute.

 

 

Although Seulgi feels like there is some sort of chemistry going on between them, she doesn’t know if her young employee would feel the same.

 

 

Right now she can’t really tell if she really likes her after all. 

 

 

 

The dumb needs the dumber.

 

 

So the big dumb bear tugs the covers for the giant and goes on to her adventure for the dumber snowman.

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

The dumber snowman swears she is gonna tear whoever’s who has just ruined her moment with her girlfriend.

 

 

“Help me.”

 

 

“What happened? Help you what?” Wendy asks while the bear steps into this haven of the young couple.

 

 

 

“Oh my. Did Joy take advantage of you?”  Irene quickly checks on her best friend, sincerely hoping that she and Seungwan didn’t just assist in a crime yesterday by locking the goddamn door.

 

 

“N-no,” The bear shakes her head. “Ugh, I mean I want to know if I really likes her, and…… And if she likes me too.”

 

 

“It’s easy.” The dumber side-hugs the dumb. “You like her. Didn’t you just say it yesterday before you went to save her?”

 

 

“You stupid, she means she needs more than that.” Irene ruffles her girlfriend's hair. “If you like someone, everything about them matters to you. You care about every little thing that happens around them. You’ll feel attached and connected somehow.”

 

 

Irene patiently explains as she is observing the bear’s expressionvery closely. And it’s just as she expected still confused.

 

 

 

The baker concludes, “Never mind. You can just wait for her to make the first move.” 

 

 

“Like me. I waited for Joohyun to confess to me too.” Wendy proudly chimes in.

 

 

“You guys go get a room.” Seulgi gets annoyed by how the two are being all lovey-dovey when she has come all the way to seek help for her own lovelife, “No, correction  I’m leaving so you guys can get the room back.”

 

 

“Good luck, Sseul!” Wendy smiles and waves.

 

 

“Take a shower when you get home. Be prepared!” Irene gives her last piece of advice before shoving her out of the door.

 

 

 

 

Wendy turns to Irene once their friend is gone, “So shall we pick up where we left off?”

 

 

“Sure thing.” Irene throws her girlfriend a suggestive wink.

 

 

The artists runs back to the room shouting in glee, “Great! We haven’t played Mario Kart for a long time. I was in the lead before Seulgi came. I'm gonna win this round, Joohyun!”

 

 

“Let’s see who is the real master here.”

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

“I can’t believe you guys.” Joy grumbles while her friends are munching on snacks in the living room after returning to the dorm as if they did not just leave her behind with her boss last night.

 

 

“I can’t believe you let her slip right through your fingers just like that.” Sulli grabs another pack of cookies from the coffe table.

 

 

“You can’t even get her to confess.” Krystal sips on her mango juice as usual, “And you said your dream is to be a seductress. Seduce my .”

 

 

“I have no interest in your ,” Joy scoffs. “What if it means she doesn’t like me?”

 

 

 

Hayoung puts down her cup noodles, “She won’t come and save your if she doesn’t. Too bad you didn’t mange to see how she just came in and kicked his . I think I have fallen a bit for her too.”

 

 

“Don’t you dare!” Joy headlocks her buddy. “She is mine!”

 

 

“She is just teasing you.” Sulli hands the giant a cookie. “Eat this and chill.”

 

 

Park Sooyoung gets distracted by the sweet threat and throws her buddy to the side. Hayoung takes a mental note that she shall never make the giant jealous ever again in her life.

 

 

“Yeah, eat up and think of a decent confession plan.” Krystal snatches Sulli’s bag of cookies and shoves it to Joy’s arms but not that the latter would even complain.

 

 

“Our Joy need no plan.” Sulli excitedly suggests, “Just tell her you love her.”

 

 

“She definitely likes you, Sooyoungie.” Hayoung slyly grins. “And she is definitely your ideal type, right?”

 

 

Joy can only spares each of her friends a glare.

 

 

Krystal starts to count with her fingers. “She is talented and caring. She got a nice figure and a smile, and some charming eyes too. She even has her own business running. Yep, definitely an ideal type.”

 

 

Park Sooyoung, herself, is blushing like crazy as she listens. No one knows her better than herself, expect for these random dirty-minded schoolmates aka best friends of hers.

 

 

Maybe having a part-time job isn’t bad at all. No wonder she’s always looking forward going to work even after school, no matter how many boring lectures she has had beforehand.

 

 

Now she knows why her eyes always find their eyes to her boss, who often hides behind the counter. Funny as it sounds, she might have to thank her senior for his attempt of drugging her.

 

 

 

“You know what, I kissed her last night and it feels good.” 

 

 

Hayoung dramatically widens her eyes, “Isn’t it supposed to be your first kiss?” 

 

 

“So she has to be my girlfriend.” Joy mutters as a creepy smile plastered on her squishy face.

 

 

“You’ve figured out all the moves?” Krystal finally shows emotions on her cold face, some happiness and excitement..

 

 

“When are you going to do it?” Sulli is just as interested as she was in the beginning.

 

 

“Don’t worry, you guys are gonna be there too.”

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

After getting an one-day break, Seulgi is back to her coffee shop getting prepared in the next morning.

 

 

She hasn’t seen Joy since she left her dorm yesterday, while the latter just texted her “See you tomorrow” with a “:D” emoji.

 

 

The bear remembers her face went “._.” when she read that, as she was hoping they would meet up or something.

 

 

But she later realized they are merely employer and employee. Why would they go out alone in the first place?

 

 

 

Seulgi is prepared anyways.

 

 

Her first love is one-sided because she was too unconfident about herself and was too busy confronting her own feelings. And now she is facing the same old problem.

 

 

Would it be awkward if she gets rejected after asking her employee out? For God’s sake, she wants to ask a minor out. Would she get arrested?

 

 

 

The café owner looks at the clock on the wall and buries herself in her coffee machines once again.

 

 

A chime of door bell makes the bear’s elf ears perked up again.

 

 

It’s her baker and her dumber best friend.

 

 

 

“Quit it, we aren’t the ones you are waiting for.” Irene shrugs before going to the changing room.

 

 

Wendy walks up to her dumb best friend, “Dude, she is coming for the shift today right? Just wait a little more and she’ll be yours.” 

 

 

“I’m worried.”

 

 

“You’re always worried about her.”

 

 

 

“What if she doesn’t say anything?” Seulgi says dejectedly as she grinds the coffee beans.

 

 

“If not, you can always say something.” Wendy helps to clean the counter.

 

 

“Any suggestion, dumber?”

 

 

“Like…… Hey, can you be my girlfriend?”

 

 

“Isn’t it too blunt?”

 

 

“She always strikes me as the blunt type.” Wendy frowns and her bushy eyebrows nearly meet. “How about  Joy, do you like this coffee shop? Would you like to be a co-owner in the future?”

 

 

“What if she doesn’t get it?”

 

 

Wendy pokes the bear’s head, “She isn’t dumb as you.”

 

 

Seulgi smacks her friend's hand away, “You’re saying that as if you aren’t sometimes dumb as well.”

 

 

 

“You two are just as dumb.” Irene walks in and gives the two a slap on the . “Look,” The gorgeous baker then points at the door with her slender finger, “I think Joy has made a move already.”

 

 

The dumb and dumber look up and see a familiar chic-looking girl marchin through the front door.

 

 

Krystal walks straight up to the owner of the shop and slams an envelop onto the counter.

 

 

“It’s for me?” Kang Seulgi is indeed quite slow to ask such questionm judging from the fact that it’s written “For Kang Seulgi the Big Dumb Bear Unnie and the property of Park Sooyoung” on the envelop.

 

 

“Read it yourself.” Krystal can only fake a smile. “Anyway, can you take my orders please? I am craving for some coffee.”

 

 

The bear nods and works her magic. Her hands are dancing on the coffee machines but her eyes keep landing on that pink-as-hell envelop on her counter.

 

 

After finishing the orders, she can’t wait anymore. She quickly opens it. But to Kang Seulgi’s dismay, all she can find is a selfie of Park Sooyoung. Along with “Put it in your wallet or make it a poster and hang it up if you want <3”

 

 

It is too unromantic in a way that the bear does not know what to do. Just when she is about to space out once again, Sulli comes in.

 

 

The bubbly girl drops her another present before joining Krystal, who is already enjoying a feast. This time, Seulgi receives a cartoon-chicken keychain accompanied by another note. 

 

 

“I am using a teddy bear keychain, just so you know.”

 

 

Seulgi picks up the keychain and wonders if she really needs to use this for real. She is so going to get teased by her artist friend, whom is now helping her Joohyun back at the kitchen area.

 

 

Hayoung doesn’t give the coffee shop owner any time to think and hands her a big box. She then happily hops to the table where her friends are devouring their food and waiting for a show.

 

 

Seulgi opens the lid and there is a note on top of a Winnie the Pooh onesie.

 

 

“If you like me too, wear this and wait for me!”

 

 

“Seriously?” She blurts out as she gets the onesie out of the box.

 

 

 

Wendy is just in time to witness this after lending her girlfriend a hand at the back kitchen, “Oh my god! You’re gonna be a bear for real! Haha!”

 

 

“Shut up you .” The dumb is too embarrassed to look at the dumber.

 

 

“Oh, how would I have never thought of getting an Olaf onesie for my Seungwan?” Irene nips Wendy's ear, “Just stay quiet and watch the show.”

 

 

Seulgi takes a glimpse of Joy's three friends who are gesturing her to get changed asap.

 

 

 

Oh, the things that you would do for love.

 

 

Kang Seulgi then resumes to work dressing like the famous yellow bear.

 

 

She can hear the customers giggling and even taking picture of her standing at the counter.

 

 

Until another yellow bear pushes the door open, with a wide smile on her face.

 

 

 

“Do you have something for me too?”  The yellow bear called Kang Seulgi speaks up first.

 

 

“Actually, yes.”  Another yellow bear named Park Sooyoung replies brightly as she stops at the other side of the counter.

 

 

“What is it? You’re almost late for work you know.” Seulgi uses all her might to control her pounding heart.

 

 

“Do you wanna exchange presents?” Joy fishes out the teddy bear keychain, showing it to her boss.

 

 

“I don’t have anything else with me right now.” 

 

 

“No worries.” Joy clears ,  “So now, Seulgi unnie — I’m yours and you’re mine, fair enough?”

 

 

 

Wendy and Irene are hugging each other tightly at the back while they are trying so hard not to let out a fangirl scream.

 

 

Krystal, Hayoung and Sulli all have their cameras ready to capture the moment for her best friend.

 

 

“Very fair.” Seulgi chuckles and pulls the giant into her arms, “You look incredibly cute in this too.”

 

 

Joy is too occupied by the hug, and when she finally realizes her confession has just succeeded, she turns and asks her friends, “Did she just say yes?”

 

 

“Yes! You stupid!”

 

 

“I took a picture of her silly face. Sid you record it?”

 

 

“I got it on tape. Smart, ain’t I?”

 

 

 

Seulgi pinches those lovely cheeks she has been longing to squish between her palms, “Hello, girlfriend.”

 

 

“Hello!” Joy tightens the hug and starts twirling.

 

 

“Stop spinning, I’m getting dizzy.”

 

 

“Sorry, I’m so happy!”

 

 

 

Seulgi smiles towards her now-girlfriend, “Anyway, you can still work here if you like.”

 

 

“I thought I was going to partly owe this.” Joy puts her hand on her chest, faking a heartache while Seulgi just shakes her head.

 

 

“Not so fast.”

 

 

 

Wendy watches the new couple and tugs her girlfriend's hand, “I’m so happy for the bear!”

 

 

“Told you not to call her dumb as you are no better than her.”  Irene’s cold voice just makes her shiver a little.

 

 

“I’m sorry, Joohyun.”

 

 

“Gimme your hand, Son Seunghwan.”

 

 

 

 

“You wanna chop it off for dessert? I still need my hands to work, you know.” Wendy asks as she is obediently stretching both of her hands to the baker’s eye-level.

 

 

And she feels something cold on her finger as Irene calmly continue, “I wanna see if the ring fits. If not, I can go back to the shop and get the right size within seven days.”

 

 

Until then, Wendy finally notices a matching ring on her Joohyun too, “Where did you have the money for it?”

 

 

“The money from AOMG is already enough for the mortgage. So I came out with a good way to spend the extra money I got from all the shifts I took-” Irene was going to add something but she is now engulfed by a warm hug, just like she has just witnessed a moment ago.

 

 

“I love you.”

 

 

“I love you too, girlfriend.”

 

 

 

“Look at them. So sweet!” Hayoung looks at the two couples dreamily.

 

 

“Just like those dramas!” Sulli bites her fingers. “Gosh, I want a relationship like this too!”

 

 

Krystal puts down her camera mumbling, “Man, this is the first time I feel pathetic. Maybe Jung Sooyeon is right, it’s a sign for me to grab someone too.”