Damsel in Distress and Femme Fatale

I Am Coming For You

 

 

 

 

 

“Is it even legal to dress like this?” Joy grumbles looking at her own reflection in the mirror.

 

 

“Come on, you’re going to be a grown up now.” Krystal fixes the giant baby’s dress, “Wow, I didn’t know you have such a nice figure.”

 

 

“Don’t you lay your ert eyes on me!” Joy backs away a little.

 

 

“Oh, Park Sooyoung!” Hayoung join her friends after getting changed, “What a dress. You are making my nose bleed.”

 

 

Sully whistles, “I think you will be so perfect tonight only if you don’t trip over anything.”

 

 

 

“So should I feel flattered now or not?” Joy fiddles with the hem of her dress. It is not like she hasn’t worn a short dress before, but she has never paired it with a pair of high heels.

 

 

“Of course you should feel happy!” Sully exclaims, “I think you’re so going to be hit on tonight.”

 

 

“You parents’ve raised you well.” Hayoung wipes an invisible tear.

 

 

“Wait,” Krystal eyes Joy up. “Do you even have a target?”

 

 

“What target?”

 

 

Your target, miss. You aren’t planning to charm everyone in the room, are you?”

 

 

 

Then there are three pair of curious eyes on a clueless girl.

 

 

“The football boys? Or, the dance club ones?”

 

 

“Or, you dig the cheerleaders?”

 

 

“Don’t tell me you are into those old professors.”

 

 

 

“Can’t I just peacefully have the dinner, chat a little, drink a little, and go home?” Joy has enough and stops her friends.

 

 

Even if she has to seduce someone, who would it be?

 

 

Would it be someone who gets shy easily and flashes an embarrassed smile which resembles a teddy bear ?

 

 

Oh no. What was she thinking?

 

 

 

“Girl,” Krystal does a sassy finger snap. “Based on what you are wearing, you aren’t there to make peace.”

 

 

The other two nod in agreement.

 

 

“Can we just take the road and quit the bull?” Joy covers her chest with her hands.

 

 

“Unless you wanna pick your target when you’re there.” Hayoung smirks. 

 

 

“Yeah, some nerds would have a total makeover for the night and become really hotties.” Sulli recalls those dramas she watched.

 

 

“You guys are unbelievable.” 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

Joy steps into the ballroom and her schoolmates ogle her a bit. Although her dream is to be a successful seductress, she needs time to adjust her mindset.

 

 

She is just following her friends to wherever they go and observing the room with her big round eyes. On the other hand, there is a little voice in her head telling her to walk carefully yet elegantly at the same time.

 

 

 

Ah, she thinks she is already tired.

 

 

“Hey.” Joy finds herself alone with another guy approaching her ocnce she has fallen behind.

 

 

“Hi?” She hesitates a bit as she is thinking whether she should play along or excuse herself.

 

 

“I haven’t seen you around before, are you a freshman?” He flashes her a charming smile.

 

 

Joy frowns at his pick-up lines ‘cause she is already in her second year. And a lot of people have used it on her as soon as she had entered the university.

 

 

“No, not really.” 

 

 

“Oh,” He is taken back a little. “How come I have never noticed a beauty like you?”

 

 

 

“Maybe you should leave this question for yourself.” Joy can’t take this boring cliche conversation anymore and walks away.

 

 

The boy doesn’t give up, “Hey, wait up. You haven’t told me your name yet.”

 

 

“Wait until 12 o’clock and I will leave my pair of heels by the staircase. If you can find it, I will tell you my name.” Joy dismissively excuses herself. As she gets far enough, she tries to spot her three dumbo friends but in vain. There are too many people, and too chaotic.

 

 

 

“Joy, is it you?” Another guy call out from behind and it’s Joy’s senior from the same department.

 

 

He is quite nice and also a frequent caller for the Dean’s list.

 

 

Joy looks at his suit and remembers he is loaded too. Born in the purple and stuff.

 

 

“Oh, oppa.” She bows and greets him.

 

 

 

He smiles, “Don’t be so constrained and drop the formalities tonight. Where are your friends?”

 

 

“Well, they wandered off. Or, I wandered off.” 

 

 

Joy still can’t ease up since she can sense people glancing at them. They probably think she is such a gold-digger.

 

 

“Me too. So why don’t we pair up?” He offers.

 

 

Joy hesitates again.

 

 

“Or, grab a drink first, okay?”

 

 

Joy nods and follows him. They settle down by the little bar.

 

 

“What do you want?” He asks looking at the bottles with labels Joy cannot read.

 

 

“I don’t know much about alcohol……. ” Joy shyly smiles. She did ask Wendy before coming. But working before the deadline is never efficient. So Wendy eventually gave up and let her remember one rule — never leave your drink unattended and don’t be easily deceived by fruity cocktails.

 

 

“So just beer?” He suggests and hands her one.

 

 

“Okay.” She takes a small sip.

 

 

 

“You’re really cute, you know.” He smiles again and drinks his whatever booze.

 

 

“T-thanks.”

 

 

“And you look beautiful tonight too.” 

 

 

“T-thank you again.”

 

 

 

Joy feels her cheeks reddened and he scoots a little closer.

 

 

“I saw you always hang out with your friends. Do you have a boyfriend?” He gulps down his drink in one go and boldly asks.

 

 

“No?”

 

 

“Great, I wa-” He is cut off as the Dk suddenly blasts some loud music for some already drunken people to rub against each other on the dance floor.

 

 

Joy turns her head to check if the dumb and dumber, and the little ice princess are one of them. She thinks she has spotted someone similar but with that funky lighting, she can’t be sure.

 

 

So she decides to divert her attention back to her senior, “Sorry, what were you saying?”

 

 

His fingers tap on the table nonchalantly, “Are you looking for someone?”

 

 

“Just my friends.”

 

 

“You care a lot about your friends.”

 

 

“Why not?”

 

 

“Nah, just saying.”

 

 

 

“Then what were you trying to say a minute ago?” Joy raises an eyebrow.

 

 

“Nothing.” He shakes his head. “I’m ordering another drink. You’d better finish yours too.”

 

 

Joy can’t help but think he is acting slightly strange but she can’t point a finger at anything yet.

 

 

And so, she finishes her beer as there is a dead silence between them.

 

 

 

The girls waits and waits looking at the dance floor, thinking he’d better say something or she is going to leave.

 

 

“Do you want to dance?” He does break his silence.

 

 

“To be honest, I am not quite used to my heels.” 

 

 

“If you don’t mind, you can hold my hand.”

 

 

“O-okay.”

 

 

Joy doesn’t know if he is just smooth or she actually likes him too.

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

“Why are you pacing back and forth at my house? I am getting dizzy, Kang Seulgi.” Wendy scoffs as she is trying to watch TV but a bear is constantly blocking her view.

 

 

“I don’t know. I am restless since we had dinner.”

 

 

“I am sure there is nothing that you are allergic to.”  

 

 

“Oh no.” Seulgi thinks of something and finally stops.

 

 

“What? Did you forget to turn off the water tab in your house?”

 

 

 

“Perhaps I have heart disease and palpitation.” 

 

 

Wendy’s face falls, “Are you ing kidding me, Kang Seulgi? Didn’t you just have a body check before you purchased the shop?”

 

 

“Maybe I overworked lately, you should ask if Irene is alright too.” Seulgi however is dead serious.

 

 

“I am alright.” Irene comes out from the bathroom. “Just a little tired.”

 

 

“So what is happening to me?” Seulgi sits beside Wendy and ponders.

 

 

Wendy looks at her disbelievingly, “The only reasonable guess is you are possessed or being casted a spell on. You are a bear, you should be very healthy.”

 

 

 

Seulgi listens and is now in a deeper panic. 

 

 

Irene just giggles.

 

 

“Why are you laughing, Joohyun?” Wendy glares at her girlfriend. 

 

 

“I can’t believe you guys can talk in such nonsense for such a long time.” Irene shrugs and stands in front of the real dumb and dumber.

 

 

“Hey, I am your girlfriend.” Wendy pouts.

 

 

“I am your best friend.” Seulgi looks up and juts her lips too.

 

 

“If you two say so.” Irene crosses her arms and looks down at the two. 

 

 

 

“What’s wrong, Johyun?”

 

 

“Are you feeling restless too?”

 

 

“I have a weird feeling lately indeed.” 

 

 

The dumb and dumber looks at each other, and back at Irene.

 

 

 

“Have you ever had a feeling that you just wanna cup someone’s cheeks and gently hold them in your hands, and you look into their eyes, then violently twist their head to the right angel and snap their ing necks?”

 

 

“You aren’t taking about me, right?” Wendy timidly asks recalling Irene always pinching her cheeks.

 

 

Seulgi just gulps.

 

 

“I am talking about whoever there is trying to snatch you away from me.”

 

 

“No one is snatching me away from you.” Wendy protests.

 

 

Irene ignores the derp and stares at the bear, “How about you?”

 

 

“Me what?” Seulgi is about to cry, as one trouble does follow another. Not waiting her to figure out her own restless problem, her best friend comes to hunt her down.

 

 

 

“You guys always stick together and chat behind my back.” Irene balls her fists, “You, Seungwan, why are you always dropping by at Seulgi’s coffee shop now ?”

 

 

“Because you asked me to? Remember? That you don’t wanna to see me only at home?” Wendy leans in and hugs Irene’s legs.

 

 

“I am not taking away your Seungwan!” Seulgi quickly explains, “If I really want to, I would have done so before you even met her.”

 

 

Irene is convinced, but not totally. “Maybe you found her hotter these days?”

 

 

“Are you saying that I’m hot?” Wendy is off the topic obviously.

 

 

 

“I don’t like Son Seungwan at all, I swear!” The bear feels like she is really have a heart attack any second.

 

 

“What? Ain’t I your friend?” Wendy sniffles. 

 

 

“Not in that romantic way, I mean.” The bear justhates her stupid mouth, “I don’t have romantic feelings towards Seungwan.”

 

 

“How do you know?” Irene doesn’t back down easily, “You are not seeing someone for quite a while now. Who do you like if it isn’t Seungwan?”

 

 

 

Wendy just does not get the situation here, “Joohyun, why are you talking like you’d rather she likes me?”

 

 

Seulgi looks at Wendy and Irene, and finally think of a certain girl, “Maybe……. ”

 

 

“What?” The couple ask in unison. 

 

 

 

“She told me yesterday.” Seulgi mutters while running to get her jacket.

 

 

“Who is she?” Wendy is confused and reaches out for her car key too. 

 

 

“Where are you going? We’re not done yet.” Irene shouts as she is trying to catch up.

 

 

 

“I am worried!” The bear yells as she is trying to find her shoes.

 

 

“She is definitely possessed. Should I draw a cross on her or what?” Wendy nudges her girlfriend.

 

 

“No , I am worried too.” Irene knows the bear is random, but not this random.

 

 

“Look, she is heedless. She is even wearing unmatched socks.”

 

 

Wendy and Irene are ready to call the Police and tie the bear up in case she really loses her .

 

 

 

“I have to go there, guys.” Seulgi is finally talking to them again.

 

 

“To where?”  

 

 

“Who are you talking about?”

 

 

Wendy and Irene follow the bear nevertheless.

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

Joy awkwardly moves her body along the music with her senior right beside her.

 

 

She is simly glad that it is a slow jam now. But then, she is really tired and it’s so hot in here. 

 

 

She doesn’t want to move anymore.

 

 

 

“May I?” He asks for her hand naturally. 

 

 

She hums in reply.

 

 

He takes her hand and places his hand on her waist. 

 

 

And they dance.

 

 

 

The floor is packed so Joy thinks it’s reasonable to feel hot. But she is feeling drowsy too. She can’t believe she is drunk merely after a beer. 

 

 

“C-can I get another drink? I think it’s too hot here and I am getting thirsty.” Joy asks.

 

 

“Are you okay?” He looks at her and drags her through the crowd.

 

 

“What are you doing?” Joy tries to break away as she feels his hand roaming on her back. “Where are you taking me?”

 

 

He doesn’t answer and keeps on walking.

 

 

Joy doesn’t have the strength to struggle and she watches the crowd diminishing within her vision.

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi, Irene, and Wendy arrive at the ballroom. Although their outfits don’t fit, their appearances are already enough to take the cake.

 

 

“Who are these girls?”

 

 

“Are they students?”

 

 

“They look hot, I don’t mind they joining us.”

 

 

 

Irene frowns at the scene and clicks her tongue, “I now understand. I am worried.”

 

 

Wendy grabs a guy’s collar, “You, who are drooling over my girlfriend. Do you know where Joy is?” 

 

 

Scared less, he replies, “I…. I saw her with another boy walking that way.” 

 

 

Not wasting any time, Seulgi runs towards the direction he points. Wendy and Irene immediately follow as always.

 

 

 

“Unnie?”

 

 

The three turn and see Krystal. 

 

 

“Where is Joy? Who is she with?” Seulgi asks in a hurry.

 

 

“We separated as soon as it started. Why are you all here? Did something bad happen to her?” 

 

 

“Maybe.” Wendy answers in a hurry too since Seulgi is running again.

 

 

“I think she likes your friend. Don’t worry, she will be the knight in shinning armor for this damsel in distress.” Irene smiles to Krystal before taking off with Wendy.

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi is about to reach her destination and bumps into a guy holding a half-conscious girl in his arms, whose round face looks too familiar to miss.

 

 

“Hey you,” The bear blocks his way and coldly orders, “Who are you?”

 

 

“Who are you? Do you know who I am and who my father is?” The guy threatens.

 

 

“Well, kid. I really don’t know and I don’t give a .” Seulgi isn’t moving an inch.

 

 

 

“Don’t you disturb me and my girlfriend okay? We have some serious business to attend to. Now excuse me-”

 

 

“Excuse you jackass.” Wendy cuts him off and rolls up her sleeves. 

 

 

The guy freaks out seeing Wendy. 

 

 

“I recognize you. You owe us a lot of money, remember? Last time you broke three of our chairs and five bottles of wine. You are lucky that Simon and Jay didn’t kick your ‘cause you already broke four bones yourself and your dad is already tired from covering for your .” 

 

 

“And she isn’t your girlfriend.” Seulgi adds.

 

 

“Tell us her full name if she is.” Irene, who finally catches up, challenges him.

 

 

 

People soon gather around them gossiping on how he is indeed infamous and is now trying to drug a girl.

 

 

“Park. Park…….” He of courses can’t remember since he just wants to get into her pants.

 

 

“See everyone?” Wendy mockingly laughs and the crowd echoes. 

 

 

“Should we kick his ?” Irene asks and the crowd cheers.

 

 

 

The bear smirks at her friends, and punches him right in his face, kicks his groin, ending with a 3-hit combo.

 

 

“Don’t let us see your face again,” Seulgi blows the dust off of her hands. “And most importantly, don’t go near her again. Her name is Park Sooyoung.”

 

 

The crowd cheers as the five girls carrying a half-conscious girl away.

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi has no experience in tending someone drunken or drugged. 

 

 

While Wendy is the only who knows drinks, but then the derp has an incredibly high alcoholic tolerance so she is not exactly experienced as well.

 

 

Just when the group succeeds in getting the giant baby back to the dorm, Joy's friends excuse themselves with the lamest reasons.

 

 

“Oh, Soojung my stomach hurts!” Hayoung suddenly shouts and runs off.

 

 

“I think I have diarrhea.” Sulli follows, “Bye.”

 

 

“I have to take care of them, see you.” Krystal cooly walks away.

 

 

 

Irene slyly smiles, “Seungwan, we can finally have some quality time tonight.” 

 

 

“Yeah, you don’t have to worry about Seulgi snatching me away from you now.” Wendy meekly tugs the hem of Irene’s jacket.

 

 

“So…… It’s just me?” Seulgi looks at the girl who is mumbling something on the sofa with her eyes closed.

 

 

“Trust me, it works the best in this way.” Irene sticks her head out behind the door and reassures her bear friend before closing it at once.

 

 

 

Seulgi sighs and heaves the giant’s legs back on the couch. And then, she looks around the small dorm room.

 

 

Oh, how she sometimes misses the good old days in collage.

 

 

She didn’t expect her restlessness was a warning. She did feel something weird whenever this tall girl was around.

 

 

Maybe they have some sort of telepathy.

 

 

 

Seulgi sighs again and heads off to prepare some hot towels, boiling water, and stuff.

 

 

“Kang Seulgi.”

 

 

Seulgi’s elf ears pick up the mumbling of her name and perk up.

 

 

“Kang…… Sseul…… Gi.”

 

 

She peeks from the bathroom door and only sees Joy smiling to herself, looking to the ceiling.

 

 

“Kan-”

 

 

“Are you calling for me?”

 

 

 

Joy turns her head and squints her eyes, “Oh! My prayers have been answered. It works!”

 

 

“Hello?” Seulgi tilts her head and waves in front of Joy’s silly smiling face.

 

 

“You are real?” Joy pokes Seulgi’s cheek and gasps. 

 

 

“Yes I am.” The bear grins.

 

 

“But I was, was dancing……” 

 

 

“He drugged you.” Seulgi recalls Wendy’s words and her tongue ties again. 

 

 

Judging from her symptoms, it’s philter. Luckily we got here in time.

 

 

 

 

“Hmm okay. It’s so hot here.” Joy frowns and is ready to take off her dress. 

 

 

“No!” Seulgi stops her by grabbing her hands, “I’ll go switch on the air-con.”

 

 

“Great!” Joy claps. “But you will have to kiss me first.”

 

 

“What?” Seulgi glances back and forth at Joy’s pouted lips and the hand gripping onto her wrist.

 

 

 

“I. WANT. A. KISS.”

 

 

“No.” 

 

 

Seulgi’s ears are burning hot and she can’t believe her innocent employee has turned into a femme fatale.

 

 

She can’t even look at her since she is wearing that exposing tight black dress which is showing her curves, and that make-up highlighting her plump lips and bright big eyes.

 

 

“You look so cute when you’re shy.” Joy pokes her cheek again.

 

 

“I am…… I-” The older girl hangs her head low and the young keeps poking.

 

 

“So you saved me?”

 

 

“Y-yeah…….”

 

 

 

It takes forever for Seulgi to wait for another nonsense request or answer from the other girl. Instead, she gets a peck on her cheek.

 

 

“Thank you. Now it’s your turn.” Joy her lips and sits still.

 

 

“What?” Seulgi blinks and touches her cheek that has been kissed.

 

 

“Here.” The giant points at her right cheek.

 

 

“Y-you should s-sleep.” 

 

 

 

“No!” Joy stretches her limbs and whines. “It’s not fair! I have kissed you, you have to kiss me back!”

 

 

Seulgi agapes. That is actually some fine logic.

 

 

“You hate me? Kang Seulgi? Why are you always so nice to me then?”

 

 

 

Seulgi takes a deep breath, “I don’t hate you!”

 

 

“Really?” Joy beams immediately.

 

 

Seulgi holds her breath and feels like her heart is gonna explode. She then closes her eyes and leans in.

 

 

As her lips are about to make contact with Joy’s squishy cheek, the sneaky giant turns her head. So they meet another pair of lips.

 

 

 

“Ah!” Seulgi opens her eyes and covers her face in her palms.

 

 

“Yeah!” Joy cheers and engulfs the helpless bear into her embrace.

 

 

“Oh my god, I wasn’t prepared for this.” Seulgi keeps nagging to herself.

 

 

“You smell so good!” Joy tightens the hug and buries her face in the bear’s gorgeous long hair. 

 

 

 

“AH!”

 

 

Another scream can be heard even from the dorm's corridor.

 

 

 

“You touched my !” Seulgi jumps.

 

 

“You got a nice . I will let you touch mine too. Come on, don’t be shy.” Joy shadows the bear.

 

 

 

“AH!”

 

 

Seulgi shouts again as Joy manages to hug her from behind asking for another kiss.

 

 

 

It ends with the bear managing to grab the bowl of fresh water and pouring it onto the giant in heat while the latter is approaching again.

 

 

Joy seems to gain back her sense a little, but she is wet from head to toe now. Seulgi regrets a little, since her dress is more than provocative now.

 

 

 

Despite the fact that her nose is going to bleed, Kang Seulgi helps the younger girl to get changed into her pjs, which is fortunately just lying on her bed.

 

 

She thinks she is deactivating a bomb or something.

 

 

One wrong move, if she touches somewhere she shouldn’t, she is dead.

 

 

It takes the coffee shop owner nearly one hour to accomplish this task, while her employee is totally oblivious and enjoying being babysat.

 

 

 

Joy quickly passes into deep slumber.

 

 

And Seulgi throws her exhausted body to the couch.

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

“Seungwan.” Irene suddenly hovers above Wendy, who is about to fall asleep on the bed.

 

 

“Oh, hi?” 

 

 

“If you aren’t cheating with Seulgi, then what’re you up to these days?” Irene can be really scary sometimes, like now.

 

 

Her dark hair falling from the sides of her face and her eyes arre shining. Like a lioness ready to pounce on this little hamster.

 

 

“Nothing? I have a order. A canvas, remember?” The hamster lifts a calm smile.

 

 

 

“I don’t go to your workroom ‘cause I respect you. You know what, a bug ran into your workroom today. I was cleaning and I went after it. Do you know what I saw?”

 

 

“Nothing?” Wendy gulps.

 

 

Irene sits on Wendy’s stomach and yells, “Yes! Nothing! So no more lies, Son Seungwan! You told me you love only me!”

 

 

“Ouch! ” Wendy groans in pain, “I was working…… At Jay’s bar-”

 

 

“What?” 

 

 

“C-an you move aside? I can’t breath……” 

 

 

 

Irene places her elegant back on the bed and folds her arms, “Now what?”

 

 

“Thanks. That’s better.” Wendy lays on her stomach, burying her face in the pillow. “Now open the first drawer of our nightstand. Take the envelop inside.”

 

 

Irene follows Wendy’s instruction with a questioning look. She opens the envelop and sees a cheque, from Club AOMG.

 

 

“That’s a lot. ” Irene’s hand trembles as well as her voice. 

 

 

“I’m telling the truth.” Wendy peeks from the pillow, “I can’t bear seeing you getting thinner because it’s only you supporting mortgage. Simon and Jay had agreed to pay me well so I worked for them as a brewmaster.” 

 

 

Irene places the cheque on her lap, “So you lied to me.”

 

 

“I’m sorry, Joohyun-ah. You said you don’t like me hanging around bars since…… So I lied.” Wendy tugs Irene’s shirt, “I am sorry, please forgive me. They paid me this morning and I quitted. I would never lie again. I love only you, please.”

 

 

Irene looks at the sulking hamster and hugs her, “Of course, I will forgive you.”

 

 

“Really?” Wendy looks up with happy puppy eyes, invisible tail wiggling.

 

 

 

“Maybe I shouldn’t be so stubborn too.” Irene sighs.

 

 

“No,” Wendy holds the baker’s bony hands. “You worry about me, and it’s perfectly right. Now the mortgage problem is gone, everything is going to be fine and is back to normal again.”

 

 

“It must be tiring working two jobs and lying to me.”

 

 

“How about you, Bae Joohyun? Have you ever thought about yourself?”

 

 

Irene meets Wendy’s concerned eyes, “Thank you, Seungwan.”

 

 

“Why thanking me?” Wendy hugs her again, “I’m your girlfriend.”

 

 

 

“I wonder what’s the situation for Kang Seulgi now.” Irene smirks as they lay down again.

 

 

“I don’t know but it’s gonna be great since we locked the doors before we left. Joohyun, you are so smart.” Wendy gives the baker a peck on the lips.

 

 

“I’m Irene Bae hehe. Seulgi should be the one who thanks us.” 

 

 

“Let’s sleep now, shall we?”

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

“Ah! Why are you awake? Don’t come any closer!”

 

 

“Come and sleep with me.”

 

 

“, why is the door locked? Help!”