Revelations

Spotlight

Yugyeom stepped to her side and leaned forward over the counter, his tall figure and light pink hair immediately catching the attention of the bartender as she raised her hand to motion that she would be over after completing her current order.

“My name is Yerin by the way,” now stronger, her voice quickly caught Yugyeom’s attention and he turned to offer his hand again.

“It’s really nice to meet you Yerin, do you perform here often,” already knowing the answer, he asked out of a lack of topics to talk about.

“Yeah, actually. Jimin, the girl who performed before me, and I are best friends and the guy who owns this club is a really close oppa who likes our singing so we perform here pretty much every week.”

At that moment the bartender came, Yerin ordered a ginger ale and a bottle of soju, Yugyeom raised his eyebrow. “It’s not for me, it’s for Jimin,” but Yugyeom thought her cheeks looked a bit pink. While they waited for the bartender to return with the drinks and Yugyeom’s change, there was an awkward silence, he turned to look at the dancing crowd.

“Why don’t you go dance? Seems like you want to.”

“Hm… oh maybe later. The rap performances are going to start soon anyways, it’s just that I don't come often to these sorts of clubs often. I major in dance but growing up I mostly danced house, but I like rap and r&b too.”

Yerin’s eyes widened and a smile spread across her face, Yugyeom thought she was much prettier smiling. “Wow, you major in dance? That’s really cool. I’ve been singing since I was a kid. Actually, the djs start playing remixes and dance music after the performances, if that’s what you like.”

“Like I said before, I liked the songs you sang and a lot of different kinds of music… Will I see your moves on the dancefloor later?” He smiled as he said it but at her silence, he regretted being so forward.

“I’m not a very good dancer, I mean probably not even average compared to you.”

“What are you talking about? We’re not competing, this is a nightclub.”

“Maybe.”

He didn’t want to pester her, so he grabbed his change from where the bartender left it on the bar surface and left with a wave and a “see you later then.”

He didn’t see her later, but he did dance with a really pretty girl who said her name was Joy and said they shared a class.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Even though, he didn’t see her that first night, Yugyeom and Bambam found themselves returning the next weekend to that nightclub. Bambam raised his eyebrow at his roommate’s impatience towards arriving early to the nightclub but quickly smirked, “it’s because of that happy girl from last week, huh?”

“Who, oh Joy? She was cool.”

“Oh cool? Okay,” but his smirk quickly turned into a pout, “I want to meet someone too.”

“Well first we have to get there,” and after thirty minutes of Bambam perfecting his hair and checking his clothing as well as fifteen minutes of taking and posting the 'perfect' selca onto his Instagram account, the two youngsters left their dorm.

Just like the week before, Yugyeom had to wait until after her stage to meet her at the bar.

“Hey, you didn’t dance last week.”

“Oh, yeah the oppas called me over, but when I passed by you were dancing with a pretty girl and looked to be enjoying yourself anyways so don’t complain.”

 “I’m not complaining, Joy was cool.”

“Oh so you know her? Is she your girlfriend?”

“No, no, no, I just met her that night. She was nice,” he said with a shrug. Yugyeom felt her eyes on him and turned to catch her studying him. “What?”

“Nothing,” she smiled at him suddenly catch him off guard “you’re something else Yugyeom.”

“Is that a good thing?”

She didn’t answer his question, “I’m curious, where does one go to practice dancing house music?”

The young pair talked about their favorite music, offering recommendations in each of their preferred genres as well as their own respective crazy best friends and family lives. 

Yugyeom heard about Yerin’s unnie, how she was beautiful, kind and about how much she and Yerin loved each other, but could detect an undercurrent of resignation from Yerin’s part to what Yugyeom assumed meant she was always being in Suzy’s shadow.

Yugyeom pulled out his phone and saw that two hours had passed, the rap stages were long over with and people had crowded the dance floor.

“Hey, let me introduce you to some people who I want you to meet.”

They circled the crowd in what Yugyeom assumed was a path to the back where the stage was, but when they neared the tables where he knew his friends where at he reached out to grab her wrist.

“Let me introduce you to Bambam, first.”

As they approached the table, Yerin said, “Oh, Jimin’s already there. Oh, and Jackson. Do you know them?”

“Yeah, Jackson hyung was the one who invited Bambam and me. But I’ve never met Jimin.”

Jimin saw them first and immediately stood to grab Yerin’s hand. “Oh Yerinnie, meet Bambam he’s Thai and I like him, he’s funny, much better than lame Jackson.”

“Hey! Who said I like you either!” Jackson complained.

“I actually heard a lot about you Bambam, nice to meet you. Jimin, this is Yugyeom, Bambam’s roommate.”

“So thats where you’ve been?” Bambam asked with a sly grin.

“I thought you were with that cute girl from last time,” Jinyoung spoke up.

“We just danced together,” Yugyeom rolled his eyes.

Jimin whispered something into Yerin’s ears before she turned back to the group, “Actually, we’ll be right back. We have to go find Namjoon oppa and then we’ll come back.”

“Maybe we don’t want you to come back huh?” Jackson snarked.

Jimin made a childish face at him that was obviously immediately returned back.

The group turned strangely quiet after their departure, Jaebum looked at Yugyeom seriously, “do you like Yerin,” he asked bluntly.

“What?” The youngest blushed at the sudden attention from the group. “We just met last week.”

“What’s going on?” Bambam asked worriedly.

“It’s okay to be friends with her, but she’s has something going on with Namjoon, you know him, the guy Jackson introduced to you last week? Rapmonster is her boyfriend.”
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mark didn’t consider himself a playboy although his friends seemed to think so. Besides his first girlfriend back in high school in the United States, it was girls who approached him and he wasn’t one to reject. So when the girl he was making out with after dancing asked to go home with him, he nodded and started for the entrance.

It was already late and there were only a few people outside the nightclub, mostly smokers. Mark guided the thinly dressed girl down the block where he parked his car. Yugyeom and Bambam were there, they’d make sure Jackson got home later right? Who needs a designated driver when they all room in the same hallway anyways right? He sent a group text to Jackson and the others just in case before turning off his phone.

Upon arriving at the location of his car, Mark frowned at how close together the other cars had parallel parked near his. Fortunately the driver in front of his car seemed to be arriving, she was in a big coat with sunglasses and a face mask. It rung a bell in the back of Mark’s mind, Bambam complained last week about a strange girl wearing sunglasses inside the club right? Mark shook the thought, not really caring too much at the moment.

“You leaving?” he asked.

She nodded and got inside her car and Mark unlocked his car. They entered and he was turning on the heater to full blast because of his female companion’s complaints about the cold when he felt the car shake. He got out and almost immediately heard apologies from the other driver.

“Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry. I have insurance, it’s completely my fault. Ugh, I knew I went too far.”

“Hey don’t worry about it,” Mark was taken aback by the girls apologies and inspected his front bumper. “It’s not that bad, here let’s just trade information okay.”

He went back inside his car and spoke to the girl who was orginally going to keep him company for the night, “hey, this might last a while. We’ll have to rain check okay?” The girl pouted at him but nodded and kissed him before leaving with his phone number.

Mark reached into his glove compartment and grabbed his documents and got out the car again, “okay so here’s my insurance card and license. I’m Mark by the way.”

The other driver took his documents and looked at them before laughing, “oh, maybe I should take these off first huh?” and took off her sunglasses as well as her mask.

Mark’s first thought, she’s stunning.

He quickly looked at the license she gave him and was surprised for a second time, “Wait, you’re Yerin’s sister? You’re goddess Bae Suzy?”