Pain:002

A Remnant of Pain

It was all that he can remember, pain. It was always embedded on his mind. It was a big part of his life. It was a big pain that he have not forgotten. The face that she have shown to him, the eyes that were tired from crying. It caused him a sharp pain in his heart. 

He remembered how they started as a happy couple, full of dreams and hope. He remembered how they made promises to each other but now empty and was never even fulfilled. He remembered the face she made when she saw him with a girl, and it all started with that.

He felt pain in his inside. How come everything turned upside-down? How come he changed into someone who’s not like him at all? He had hurt her so much. So much that every time he looked at her, he felt like she would die because of the pain he had given to her.

It was not him at all, with all these bull he made. It was not really him. He never wanted it but everything has changed. He showed coldness all over his actions.

He never wanted to hurt her. It was never included in their plan, in his plan. He planned to make her happy but it was not even fulfilled. Their relationship was nothing but a great pain.

Once, he said to himself that he would settle everything for their relationship but he didn’t even try. He let their relationship be shattered into pieces.

He remembered how she wanted to have a relationship that would flow just like how a fairy tale stories would go. He also thought that it would be like that. He wanted to, because he wanted to make her happy.

But reality is too morbid, too cruel. Not every relationship can end into a fairy tale. It was all fictional, wanting something like that. And he was a jerk for changing his mind and believing that it’s too far to reach a relationship like that. He said to her that he was no prince and that she was no princess. A jerk, he is. He had hurt her physically and emotionally.

He remembered how he wanted to take her back. Is that even possible? If he asked her to come back to his arms and ask her to start a new life, a new beginning would she even say yes?  He was too dumb. No. He is too dumb. Why would she even bother to come back when he caused her so much pain? And would she even really come back to his arms? No. It’s impossible. She's gone.

He sighed, looking at a portrait of a young woman smiling warmly.

‘Hyosung, it has been five years since you left’ He said.

It has been five years since she left and five years of pain, longing. He scanned the room, it was a mess. Clothes scattered in every corner of the room, a trace of a drink leaving a sticky feeling on the floor. Books and papers scattered on the floor. Pictures scattered on the tables next to his bed, their bed. Painted walls getting scraped and cracked, shattered glasses from the mirror leaving a dry blood on it. It was a total mess. It felt empty and cold.

He shivered. When she was there, she would give a warm ambiance all over the room. He remembered how she would smile when he came back from his work. He really loved her smile. He would always tell her that her smile would give a sweet scent.

He missed it so much. He missed touching her face, her embrace and her warm kisses. He’s dying to hold her close, snuggle with her through the cold nights.

He looked outside the window. The world was different outside. The blazing sun was glaring to the city making every color of painted houses, white pavements, asphalt road, and the greeneries and wild flowers glittered under the sun. It was beautiful but it was even more beautiful to watch it with someone whom you love. 

Tears started b out his eyes. Sharp pain shot up to his heart, like a dagger, tearing it apart. His other half, he wanted her in his side. Cuddling with her while watching the sun sets. He wanted to see her smile. He wanted to kiss her lips.

He glanced at her picture, his only treasure of her, sitting at the table.

‘Hyosung, wait for me. I’ll be there soon. I’ll be with you. We can be happy again. I’ll make things right’ He said, smiling back at the picture.

He gripped tightly on his chest. Eyes closed, breathing getting faster and heart pumping faster. And with just a second everything stopped. His world stopped. Everything changed into white and black, black and white. Everything looked blurred. And her face appeared, though blurred, but he knows that she was smiling at him, reaching his face and wiping every tear that came down from his eyes.

It was his imagination but it felt so real. Her touch and her smile, her warmth. He can feel it.

‘Daehyun,’ she whispered, as she brushed her hands against his cheeks. ‘Now is not the right time. Not now.’ She smiled. It was the sweetest smile he had ever seen.

He tried to reach her face but he doesn’t have the strength. He looked at her. She was also crying but a smile was still kept in her beautiful face.

‘I love you and I always will. So please, don’t give up.’ She said and kissed his forehead.

His eyes were closed as he felt her lips in his forehead and in a second, she pulled away. His eyes still close. He can feel her hands loosing grip on his hand. And his eyes still close and he knows that she’s drifting away, leaving him alone, lying on the cold floor.

And that’s when he swiftly drew away to the reality. She said to not give up, but he wanted to be with her. And now, everything turned into pitch black. He couldn’t feel anything but darkness. He couldn’t see anything but darkness. Everything is gone. He is gone. She is gone. Both of them are gone.

 

‘Hyosung, I’m sorry if I have hurt you.

I’m sorry for everything I have done that had caused you too much pain. But I love you and I always will.

And I know you want me to stay here,

But I want to be with you.

I want to be with you forever.

I want to be with you….

In the afterlife’


A/N: So hi! I’m littlemisspot and this is my first fanfic with just two chapters. I’m sorry if there are grammar errors and I’m sorry if I made you confused with the last chapter. So yeah, I'll explain it. The story goes as the first chapter happened five years ago and during the five years of no Hyosung, our Daehyun was in pain. And through those five years, Hyosung died because she fell ill and that’s why on the second chapter there’s a part where it was said that it’s impossible for her to come back because she’s gone. And on the part where Daehyun was gripping tightly on his chest, no he doesn’t have a heart disease. It’s just that I did not state the obvious. And so at that part, Daehyun committed suicide because he wanted to be with Hyosung. And I’m very sorry if I did not explain it on the chapters and if the two chapters are short and also if there are some no feels. Sorry. I’m very sorry but I hope you like it! :)