Chapter 2

Done: II

It had been a total of three hours since the nurse told him to wait outside and for the second time that year Yongguk wanted to die. He held Lydia against his chest sighing quietly as he wiped his face doing away with any traces of tears that threatened to fall from his eyes again. When your mother had gotten to the hospital and saw Yongguk's frame hunched over his body visibly shaking as he sobbed into his hands she immediately knew. Although he tried to console her nothing could stop her from breaking down just as bad as he did. This left him to be strong for Lydia and Anderson. Comforting them as best as he could reassuring them that everything was going to be okay.

"Bang Yongguk." He looked up to see the doctor pulling off his gloves a frown etched onto his face. The color drained from his face as he shifted Lydia's sleeping body off of him and onto your mother's lap. 

"Yes?" He got up following the doctor back to your hospital room. "Is my wife okay? Is our child okay? Why are you frowning? What's going on?" He rambled on as the doctor opened the door for him to walk through. 

"Her vital signs at this very moment are weak and she's been unresponsive after we finished the surgery. The baby is fine but there's a high chance that she won't be." He stared in disbelief at the hospital bed looking from you to the doctor several times. "We've done all we can. I'm sorry." He put a hand on his shaking shoulder.

"May I?" He asked quietly his eyes never leaving yours.

"Of course." 

Yongguk walked forward placing his hand over his mouth his teeth clenched together, his eyes watering as he looked down at you. The nurses tried to clean the blood off of your body as much as they could but still some traces remained and it bothered him. He sank to his knees his hand grabbing your limp hand rubbing his cheek against the back of your hand.

"You're so cold bunny." He laughed a little rubbing your hand and using his nickname for you in hopes that it would bring you back to him. "I'm really sorry. I'm so sorry. But you have to wake up and be strong." He gave up draping his arms over your body his face nuzzling into your hip. "I know I ed up and you're still mad but I got better just for you, for the kids. Just like how I got better you have to get better now too. Lydia and Anderson need you. Our newborn needs you. For s sake I need you." He sobbed unashamed of how anyone were to view him right now. "You remember the day you finally agreed to go on a date with me. You said if I say yes will you buy me food and buy me that penguin charm bracelet? But you didn't think that I would buy that expensive bracelet and then you slapped me, telling me how I couldn't buy your love and then you kissed me. You were so weird back then." He smiled fondly at the memory. "Then when I told you that I was in love with you, you told me to shut up." His voice cracked a little the tears running down his cheeks soaking your hospital gown. "Please don't leave me again. I need you as much as I need to breathe. Without you I might die."

The heart monitor made a loud flat lining noise and Yongguk thought he was going to lose his ing mind. His head shot up and he stared at your face shaking your shoulders light. He screamed and fought against the well built male nurses that pulled him away from your body as the doctor and nurses stepped towards you to try and save you. Yongguk collasped on the floor in disbelief unable to face the reality that you were dead. His heart felt as if it were going to expand from it's ribcage as the dull ache in his chest grew. There were so many things he needed to tell you. So much he wanted to share with you. You had to be there to see your kids grow up. They needed their mother. He needed his wife. Your mother needed her daughter.

"Standby." The doctor called as the defbrillator warmed up. The nurse rubbed a cool clear gel on your chest as the doctor rubbed the pads together. "Clear." He said as he pushed the paddles against your chest sending a surge of electricity throughout your body your chest lifting up and falling back down onto the bed. The doctor looked at the heart monitor. "No response. Crank it up another 50 watts." 

"Please save her." Yongguk whimpered into the male nurse's arm.

"Standby." The nurses repeated the doctors words staring at the defibrillator monitor as well as the heart monitor. They nodded their heads in unison. "Clear." 

There was a silence as their eyes narrowed staring at the heart monitor. The only noise could be heard was Yongguk's constant sniffling. Like a sign from a higher power the heart monitor began beeping signaling that your heart had begun to beat again slowly at first but gradually increasing. The doctor breathed a sigh of relief as your chest began to rise and fall rhythmically. The nurses began to quickly clean up the mess of wires and wiped the gel from your chest. They applied some ointment to your chest for the potential bruising that was guaranteed due to the electrical shocks that your body suffered. Yongguk rose to his feet his knees shaking slightly.

"Thank you." He hugged the doctor tightly his eyes still fixated on your sleeping body. 

"It's my pleasure." He smiled affectionately at Yongguk having sudden flashbacks of his own worrisome self when his wife went into labor. "Give us a couple of minutes and you can come back okay?" 

He nodded his head and stole a couple more glances back at you as he walked out of the room and back to the waiting room greeted by your frantic mother. After reassuring her that everything was okay she fussed over his bloodshot eyes fishing eye drops out of her purse urging him to sit down so she can clear his eyes.

"Daddy can we see our little brother now?" Anderson asked him rubbing his eyes lightly. Yongguk blinked wiping the eye drop liquid from his eyes as he stood up. 

"Yeah sure. Um let me go see where they're keeping him." He scooped Anderson's small body into his eyes Lydia following close behind him as he asked for directions to the nursey.

"Now I have TWO little brat brothers." Lydia skipped beside Yongguk squeezing his hand. "I can dress the smallest one up and he'd be so pretty. Like me." She flipped her hair and Yongguk couldn't help but to laugh. She was starting to look and act more and more like you as the days went by.

"Does this mean you and mommy are going to be together again? Do I get to have my room back?" Anderson asked wiping his father's cheeks as they approached the glass displaying all of the small babies. 

"We'll see buddy." Yongguk's observant eyes scanned the rows of babies adjusting Anderson to rest on his left hip just as Lydia jumped up and down demanding to be picked up. "There he is." He pointed before bending over to scoop Lydia up placing her on his other hip. "He's kind of fat for a premature baby." 

The cooed in unison staring at the boy's peaceful sleeping face. A sense of pride and love filled him as Lydia and Anderson laid their heads on his shoulders staring at their baby brother fondly. This is where he belonged. With his family, with you. Being the best husband, father and son-in-law he could be. 

"I love you guys." He mumbled his eyes watering again.

"We love you too... Crybaby." Lydia teased wiping her dad's eyes. 

"Yeah, yeah yeah. You guys are getting heavy and I need to go check up on your mom." He laughed walking back to the waiting room a big smile on his face. He was surprised to see your mother not there but didn't expect anything less of the rather persistent woman. He put both of the kids down telling them to sit down as he took notice of your mother walking back to the waiting room wiping her eyes. "Is she awake?"

"No not yet. But go ahead and see her." Not needing to be told twice he started walking back to your hospital room when your mother grabbed his arm. " up again and i'll kill you." 

"Yes ma'am." She smiled as he walked away. She had a good feeling about Yongguk. He truly did love you. The way his eyes looked bright and happy whenever he spoke of you and it reminded him of the way her husband used to look at her.

Yongguk knocked before entering your hospital room out of respect before poking his head in and walked over to your bedside. He smiled a little brushing your hair out of your face and pulling the covers over your bare legs. He sat down next to you pulling the chair as close to your bed as he could.

"Our um.. Your son looks healthy and beautiful." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't know how many times I've apologized yet but I'm really sorry. I don't deserve you but I still need to make it up to you." He laid his head on your bed closing his eyes. "I love you."  A small smile played across your lips at his words. You brought your hand up to lace your fingers through his hair.

"Shut up." You whispered. Yongguk's eyes flew open at the sound of your voice.

"Bunny." He stood up quickly his hands gripping your cheeks as he kissed your lips repeatedly out of sheer happiness.

"God. Yongguk. Please." You protested after each kiss smacking his shoulders lightly. "Ugh. I hate you." He wrapped his arms around your shoulders climbing onto the bed careful of your stomach as he squeezed you tightly.

"You scared me so bad I thought I had lost you. do you not know how painful that was?" He whined nuzzling his face in the side of your neck. You began to giggle uncontrollably.

"Yongguk! Stop it." You smacked your hand against his stomach sighing happily as he got off of you apologizing. "I'm getting really tired of you saying that word."

"I know." He said planting another kiss on your lips. "How are you feeling?"

"Like ." You pushed your hands through your hair. "I probably look like it too." 

"No, not at all." Rolling your eyes wiggling your nose.

"Liar. Where's my child?" You adjusted your body so you could sit upwards some more. "Where's Lydia and Andy?" 

"Do you want me to bring them to you?" He ran out to the waiting room grabbing the two kids and practically ran back to your room with them in his arms. 

"Mom!" They shouted in unison. Before they could jump on you Yongguk helped up his hand.

"Don't do that." He warned instead he lifted them up in turn letting them kiss your cheek.

The four of you sat in the room for abou thirty minutes talking about absolutely nothing as a nurse went to go get your son. Soon after your mother came in just as they wheeled him into the room prepping him to be held by you. You squealed in delight reaching your hands out for the small child. Everyone held their breath as you adjusted the baby in your arms smiling at it's sleeping face.

"Hey little man." You sang wrinkling your nose as you dapped his lightly. Lydia and Anderson sat in the chair leaning down to look at him. "You look like your dad." You stuck out your tongue. This one was going to give you some problems you could feel it. You leaned towards the side letting Anderson and Lydia get a closer look at their brother. "Guppie come here." Yongguk walked over to you leaning down.

"Yes bunny?" You turned your face puckering your lips and he smiled giving you the kiss that you wanted.

"I love you too stupid." 

"Gross." Anderson said as he reached his hand over to Lydia covering her eyes.

"Does this mean that you're willing to give us another chance?" 

"Yeah.." You smiled just as wide as him. He rested his forehead against the side of your face kissing your temple lightly. 

"Will you marry me... Again?" He chuckled as he rubbed his son's cheek with his thumb delicately.

"Mmm.. Yes." 

"Great another ing wedding." Your mother grumbled as she took the child from your arms. "I'm so sorry you got stuck with difficult parents."

"Mom!" You gasped pouting in annoyance.

"Kidding, kidding." She laughed as the Lydia and Anderson crowded around her not wanting to part from their baby brother.

Yongguk laughed whole heartedly as he laced his fingers through yours. He felt complete again now that he had you and his children back. It felt right. The whole universe just felt right. He was home and you and the kids would come back home. This was love. This was peace. And he adored you and the children for it. He promised himself that you nor your kids would never hurt again.