Chapter 1

Done: II

It had been four months since you last saw him, since you last signed your name on the dotted line signaling that you were no longer legally romantically involved with Bang Yongguk. Time moved forward though. No matter how much you didn’t want it to. Since that time you continuously did your job while maintaining your motherly duties despite your ever growing belly. For the most part you were okay. If you defined okay as not having a mental breakdown every time your two year old mentioned Yongguk. Then you were perfectly fine. After the second month of being divorced Yongguk got his together and was able to see your kids every weekend. But you weren’t able to see them off to him. Your mother always kindly took them to him understanding your dilemma. You didn’t want to see him. You couldn’t. Although it was you who called for the divorce your heart and feelings still ached for him. But he had to learn his lesson. You nor any other woman or man for that matter deserved to be treated in such a manner. So far you were doing well. Even with Yongguk pestering your mother who relayed his messages back to you about your health including the baby’s. You always waved the nagging to the side wanting to hear nothing more. A soft sigh of exhaustion escaped your lips as you covered your face with your hands. You needed a vacation. Being eight months pregnant with two demanding toddlers had taken its toll on you and now you were laid out across the couch grateful for the peace and quiet that followed whenever your mother took the kids out to meet Yongguk. The peace was soon interrupted as your phone began to ring. Groaning in annoyance you dropped one of your hands fishing for your phone from your pocket answering it and putting up to your ear.

“We’re coming back home.” Your mothers stern voice flowed into your ear.

“Okay.” You replied wearily responding with soft mhmm’s just wanting her to hang up.

“See you in a bit.”

“Kay.”

As soon as the phone hung up sleep overtook you and your eyes drifted closed your body lulled to sleep. Yongguk’s arms wrapped around his son’s small body rocking back and forth slightly making sure the boy stayed asleep as your mother drove the four of them back home. His hand absentmindedly rubbed his back as he thought about his unannounced visit with you. He wondered if you missed him as much as he missed you. Once the papers were signed he refused to take off his wedding ring. It was his anchor. It helped him get through rehab. Every time he glanced at it he was constantly reminded of you, the kids and all the happy memories that you shared together. It kept him going, motivated him to get better. No matter what he still clung to the sliver of hope that maybe one day the two of you could get back together. Even when he got better and was able to see his kids again you still didn’t make an effort to see him which initially made him sad at first but he couldn’t blame you. He treated you poorly in the last few months the two of you were together. And he was glad you decided to leave him rather then staying and putting up with his bull. It forced him to get better and he was grateful. Each time he craved the burning liquid to help drown his pain away he thought back to that night. The tears in your eyes, the way you looked at him as if he were a monster, how you told him that you didn’t love him anymore. It fueled something inside of him. He had to get better for your sake and his kids sake. For his family. He couldn’t bear the thought of you being with another man. That man making you happier then he ever could. That man becoming a father to his newborn child whenever he wasn’t around because it wasn’t his time to see his kids. He needed you back. He needed his family back.

"Daddy." Anderson whined from his lap. Unknowingly to him the mote he thought of you the tighter his grip on his son grew due to anxiety. He apologetically released his hold just as your mother had parked in the driveway to your mothers house.

"Daddy’s sorry." He leaned down to kiss his forehead tenderly.

"Yongguk." Your mother shut off the car engine and had turned around to face him.

"Yes ma’am?"

"I’m sticking my out on the line for you risking my daughter’s hormonal wrath to give you another shot. I know what you did and I forgive you for it but I will never forget. Do you understand me?" She held his gaze her eyes ablaze with a intensity yet understanding.

"Yes ma’am." Yongguk averted his eyes downward as his daughter placed her tiny hand on his arm squeezing it tightly.

"I am sick of her and you moping around looking absolutely miserable. You will make this right."

With that she opened the car door and ushered the kids out living him to be in the car by himself. He pushed a hand through his hair sighing his heart rate rising dangerously. Just the mere thought of you, of this encounter he had been fantasizing for four months straight could render him a blushing teenage boy with an extreme case of anxiety. But he had to do what he had to do. With a reassuring pep talk he was able to get out of the car and walk towards the front door.

A collection of squeals and giggles followed by a series of shh your mother is sleeping woke you up from your quick nap. The two faces that you grew to love and nurse since they were just small fetuses growing in your womb squatted down in front of you beaming happily. Lydia reached her hand up to your face wiping the sleep from your eyes delicately.

"Morning sleeping beauty." She cheesed.

"Hey baby girl. Hi honey." You addressed the two turning your head to face them. Your mother walked in tapping your foot lightly in a greeting. "Hey mom. What's up why are you guys back? Was Yongguk busy?" You questioned paying no attention to your son as he lifted up your shirt to reveal your swollen belly.

"Something like that." The two began rubbing your stomach in soothing circles cooing and making kissy faces at your stomach.

"Mommy there's a surprise for you." Lydia smiled as she and her twin brother helped you sit up. 

"Yeah it's really great." You placed your hand on your lower back groaning as you finally stood up wobbling a bit before finding your balance.

"Mom what did you-" You turned around your words choking in your throat as you saw Yongguk standing in the doorway awkwardly. Your breathing slowed your lips parted still as if you wanted to say something but couldn't. Tears welled up in your eyes as a wave of emotions hit you like a tidal wave envolping your entire being.

Yongguk called out your name once an equal expression of pain, love and longing on his face matching yours perfectly. In four quick strides he was in front of you arms wrapped around your body your face pressed against his shoulder. You sobbed into his shirt your emotions coming out in the form of sobs and painful gasps. Although he was careful of his stomach he was still able to hold you against him tightly.

"Baby I-"

"You stupid selfish son of a !" You hit his chest with your fists weakly. He remained silent as you cursed him blaming him for abandoning you, breaking your trust and your heart. He took his beating until you tired yourself out reducing yourself to nothing but quiet tears.

"I'm sorry." He said. He repeated the words as he tilted your head up his forehead resting on yours. "I apologize for dissapointing you, our kids. I let my family down but I intend on making it right. Please let me make it right." He stared into your eyes he was being honest with you. You could tell by the look in his eyes. The eyes that you've come to know quite well in the past four years.

"Yongguk I can't breathe." Yongguk smiled a little relieved that you were feeling the same way as him. 

"Me either to be honest." You pushed him away from you your hand cradling your stomach as a sharp pain spread across your stomach. 

"No I really can't breathe." Your breathing came out shallow and you clutched his arm as your sight began to blur. He immediately placed his hands on your waist guiding you to the front door.

"MOM!" He shouted ushering you out the door and to the car grateful for his quick reflexes and ability to think clearly under pressure. Your mother came running out of the house once he had gotten you safely into the car. "Something's not right. I'm taking her to the hospital."

Your mom nodded her head as he shut the drivers door after taking the keys from her. No sooner had he got in was he speeding towards the hospital fueled by an eery sense of a dread and your screams of pain. He tried to calm you down as much as he could promising that you and the baby were going to be just fine. Of course you weren't to be told anything as your mind was clouded with pain and worry for the baby. Yongguk drove like a bath straight from the depths of hell parking ever so ignorantly in front of the emergency room running inside to get help.

"But sir you have to fill out-"

"I swear to ing god if you don't get a gurney out there and help my wife I will hop over this ing counter and choke you until your eyeballs pop out of your goddamn head!" He screamed at the nurse who in turn shuffled away to do as he asked. In no more then five minutes medics were at the car pulling you out and wheeling you inside.

Yongguk never left your side. He held your hand the entire way his eyes filled with worry as he constantly spoke to you in an attempt to get your breathing under control. Once in the maternity wing in your own seperate room due to Yongguk's ing the doctors prepped you for labor.

"But it's too early." You protested as your pants were removed. Yongguk brushed your hair from your already sweating forehead. You moved to stop him but found yourself clutching his shoulder instead digging your nails into his skin. "!" You swore loudly as another sharp pain hindered you breathless once again.

"It's okay baby. I'm here." Yongguk muttered against your temple soothingly.

"Okay Mrs..?"

"Bang. Mrs.Bang." You nodded your head quickly as your knees were bent and your legs were pushed back. Yongguk couldn't fight the smile on his face despite the uncalming situation.

"Okay Mrs.Bang. Although the baby is here early, he's ready to come out. So as I count to one and two breathe in and once three hits I need you to push. Squeeze your husband's hand if you need to. Sir are you ready?" Yongguk grabbed wrapped his hands in yours nodding his head.

"I have two kids. The thirst one resulted in a broken hand and the second one resulted in a black eye." 

"I'm gonna give you another one if you don't shut the ." He kissed your forehead lightly. 

"Sorry." The doctor sighed agreeing with you about his silence.

"Ready honey?" You nodded your head. "1... 2.." You inhaled through your nose and the eery feeling came back to Yongguk. "3."

Your eyes instinctively shut as you squeezed Yongguk's hand pushing as hard as you could for about 3 seconds yelling all the while. This process repeated for a good thirty seconds with the doctor smiling and giving you words of encouragment. Your face formed a thin layer of sweat on top of it mingling with your tears that were falling down your face.

"Wait." The doctor said from in between your legs. He sat up his face laced with concern. "Stop pushing please." He turned to the nurse indicating for her to come closer while he whispered in your ear.

"What the is going on?" Yongguk demanded wiping your tears from your face. "Hey baby, you're going to be okay." Your head nodded in exhaustion your eyes slightly closing slightly only to be forced open again as Yongguk shook your shoulders. "Hey, hey stay awake."

"Sir I'm going to need you to go out in the waiting room please." One of the grabbed Yongguk by his shoulders speaking to the nurses. "The child is breached and we need to prep her for an emergency C-Section or else her and the baby are going to die."

"W-what?" Yongguk stammered as he allowed himself to be dragged out of the hospital room.

"Sir both your wife and child are in danger. The outcomes aren't looking so well right now and the doctor needs to be focused. Please wait outside."