Q for Queensland

From A to Z: My Story of Krystal Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I will go to Queensland this summer," Krystal smiled widely while eating her french fries when we had lunch in McD.

"Australia?"

She nodded. "Like finally, I'll have a proper vacation. I'm so excited."

"Why Queensland.. Why not Paris, Barcelona, Venice, or Santorini that you always talk about?"

"Simple. Because my aunt is in there," she giggled.

 

So when summer in our third year of high school finally came, Krystal left me for Queensland. At first, I swore I was happy seeing how excited she was, but after one week she has been there, I missed her so bad. Okay, we chatted everyday, we called, she sent me or posted her selfies on SNS, but really not being able to walk with her, eat with her, scent her perfume, or hold her hand made me realize there was something missing in my daily life.

Of course, when we chatted or talked by phone, I didn't say that I missed her. Why? I was clumsy that way. I tried to look cool when the fact was I wanted to fly to Queensland. The other reason why I didn't tell her, because Krystal also never said that she missed me when she was happy strolling around Brisbane or Gold Coast.

 

"When will you go home?" I said when we're on the phone, Day 16 Krystal in Queensland.

"Next week. Why?"

I miss you... "I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter