i - N A R I

♥ 너의존재는 충분하다 / Your existence is enough ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I knock hard into the white door, and no one answers. I roll my eyes and walk away from the door to the stairs, shouting at his friends down there. “He’s still asleep,” I still wonder why do they all of a sudden decide to be all polite, refusing to come and wake him up themselves.

Jackson shouts back from downstairs. “Well, you just knocked on his door, of course he won’t wake up.”

And so suddenly, I shout back at him, and I think my vocal cord will split. “Well, WHY DON’T YOU COME AND WAKE HIM UP YOURSELF?”

I burst back into my room,  annoyed as I pack what is left of my stuff. The clothes and the books I might need, my purple purse and two PJs.

I’ll go to visit grandma for a few days in Jeju and I don’t want to miss the train. Yugyeom and his friends happen to have the few coming days off and they thought it would also be a good idea if they accompanied us, me and my cousin Youngji.  We go to my grandma, and they go just for fun.  However, Yugyeom doesn’t seem like he’d enough sleep after his late practice last night, and he seems to also forget that the train leaves tomorrow morning, which is now.  As I zip my own bag, I can hear Jackson shouting. “YAAAA. Are you gonna keep ignoring me?”

I take a deep breath and leave my room, heading to Yugyeom’s and opening the door widely to be shocked by him being completely . He woke up, and now he is changing.

Brilliant. We won’t be late. “Thank you, man, and-“ I smile and wave my hand at him.  “good morning!”

I didn’t make any comments about him being and I didn’t even avert my eyes “Next time, when I knock your door, you better answer me, okay, little dove?”

Yugyeom’s eyes are wide open as he snatches a towel and covers himself with it. “Ah-HEY, I’M OVER HERE. GET OUT!”

I raise my eyebrows and nod. “I can see that, and I’ve seen it many times, why are you so shocked, I really don’t know.” Yugyeom finds it hard to even move, but he walks to my direction and harshly pushes me out of the room.

“J-Just get the hell out of here-“

“Ah- Hey, wait-“

After I get kicked out, I feel slightly offended. I bite my lips, controlling my anger as my eyes lay on the clock.

“Why is he going all shy and everything. GOD!” I turn to the door and shout out at the top of my lung. “We’re late, you better move your . I’ve already packed your stuff so don’t take a long time.”

I check if there’s anything that I forgot, and then I carry my pack-bag and with one hand I take my bag. I go out and close my door and go directly to take Yugyeom’s bag that I packed last night. I shout to whomever is listening downstairs. “We are ready, you better get in the car so we don’t be late.”

As I am about to take the stairs, holding two bags in both hands and one on my back, I feel Yugyeom’s presence behind me as he takes the bags from me. I didn’t ask him to, so I blurt. “I’m fine, just go take the breakfast box in the-“ He walks past me with no words in a quick pace. I look at him as he steps the last step of the stairs and flashes a sincere smile to his friends. He didn’t even smile at me or say good morning. He just walked past me as if I wasn’t there.

“Is he mad at me or something? Geez.” I wonder.

I join the others and  immediately go to the kitchen to take the breakfast box I made. He apparently didn’t hear me, or pretended so. All of us stuffed our asses into the van, and I end up between Yugyeom and JB. In the very back sit Jackson, Youngjae and Youngji.  The one driving, is Mark, and next to him is Jr.

“You forget this,” I almost throw the box in Yugyeom’s lap, but he doesn’t even turn to look at me. “Thank you, I’m not hungry.” Oh, he can reply. I thought he would ignore me again.

“You don’t have to be hungry to eat breakfast, lil dove. And there’s no need to eat it this very moment, you can just eat it later.” He sighs, and that does confirm my suspicion. “I will take some donuts and coffee when we reach the airport.”

I frown. The two things I hate the most are wasting money and wasted-food. “and you planned on leaving this at home so it will rot as well as my efforts when I made it for you?”

He looks down at me, wild-eyed. “Did I ever ask you to?”

“Ah,” I look at him, shocked as I thoughtfully think not to ruin the current mood by saying inappropriate things. “Is that it?” He turns to look to the front, resting an elbow on the door. “What?”

“You’re mad because I didn’t knock the door when I saw you , aren’t you?”

“?” Jackson exclaims from the back, and JB looks at me like I’ve killed him three times in his past life, a shadow of a disapproval smile is creeping his lips. I exchange looks between JB and Jr., and even Marks is distracted as he drives and exchanges look between the street and us from the mirror. “It’s not the first time, tho.”

Yugyeom face-palms himself, tightlipped. “I need some coffee.”

Jr. replies. “Sure you do.”

I pierce Yugyeom’s face, boiling inside because I hate being ignored by this ungrateful kiddo. “Whoa, Yugyeom, you’re an expert in avoiding subjects. But it’s fine. Totally fine.”

**

We reach the train station, and ten minutes later, we wait with the others for our train. Yugyeom looks at us with an expressionless smile. “Oh, I thought we were late.” I roll my eyes. “which is better? To arrive 30 minutes before our train’s moving, or to come here on the last call with high possibility of you missing it?”

Yugyeom stands and slips his hands into his pockets. “The second option.”

I shake my head, cross my arms, and look at the others. “See? He is, definitely and one hundred present, still mad.”

He comments as he walks away. “I am not.”

I sing. “Yes, you are~.”

He slightly bends down at my direction. “I. Am. Not.”

I look at him in the eye, and smile. “You are.”

“I, am, NOOOT.”

I cross my legs and raise my eyebrows. “Okay, fine, I’ll believe you if you eat the breakfast box.”

He exhales rather loudly. “Why would I do that?”

“then you’re still mad, I’m fine with that by the way.” I look at my phone, completely uninterested. And I feel him stands there, in front of me, for seconds and then he snatches the box. “Fine.”

My lips shape a victorious smile.

“But I will get me some coffee first.” Yugyeom walks away.

I stand instantly. “Oh, I will go with you, I only slept one hour and I feel like my head is gonna explode.”

Without turning to look at him, I ask the rest if they want something. The  two of us stop by a café, and I start reciting the guys’ orders. “3 iced coffee, 2 coffee latte, one orange juice and one espresso.”

Yugyeom says. “I didn’t say I want iced coffee.”

I turn at him. “Isn’t that what you usually take?”

“Maybe I want to change?”

“Ah, and you say you’re not mad.” I see him roll his eyes. “Okay, what do you want?”

He takes a few seconds to answer. “Iced coffee.”

I chuckle and reach for his head to ruffle his pinkish hair. “such a kid.”

We brought everyone their orders, and we spent some time talking about the dancing festival held in Jeju and about their plans f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter