Be With You

Be With You

Liyin stopped her footsteps as she heard a familiar voice coming from the studio. She frowned. Had someone already gotten the place earlier than her? 

She walked nearer to the door and caught a glimpse through the glass. Her eyes widened as she realised how familiar the person seemed. As she heard the voice of that person, memories flowed through her mind and she was brought back to the (young, happy) days full of freedom and enjoyment. 

As she stepped into the studio, things began to be silent. The girl had stopped singing. That girl removed her headphones and turned around to face Liyin. 

Liyin could not contain the surprise and the joy that was growing within her. "Jimin!" she called, elated. 

Jimin, too, could not believe her eyes at the sight of her old friend. She came out of the recording room and immediately threw a hug at Liyin, not being able to stay calm due to the excitement of meeting her long-lost friend after five years. 

"I can't believe you still remember the studio," Liyin started the conversation with that (sort of,) sentimental sentence. The studio was their place; no one else (well not that they know off) would come here as if they were going home. 

"I'll say the same about you, unnie," Jimin replied with blissfulness written all over her face. "I... I had nowhere to go," her tone dropped, and Liyin could tell it was filled with sorrow and despair. 

"Me too," Liyin whispered, and Jimin could not help but notice the same about Liyin's tone. 

"What happened?" Liyin asked, feeling concerned for her friend. 

"My parents are gone," Jimin answered without hesitation, though the hurt and sorrow was distinct in her voice. 

"I'm sorry," Liyin eyed her with worried and empathetic eyes. "How long already?"

"Seven months," Jimin answered and swallowed. She wiped a drop of tears which managed to escape from her eye and continued, "You?"

"Nowhere to go too," Liyin answered, "I'm saving the money to go back during Lunar New Year. It's been tight recently." Her body began tensing up as she was once again reminded by her problems. 

"I'll go back with you, unnie," Jimin smiled, and placed a hand over Liyin's. Liyin looked up into Jimin's eyes with a thankful smile. 

"What were you singing?" Liyin asked, diverting the topic away from their miseries. 

"Oh, just a song I wrote," Jimin sheepishly chuckled, and before she knew it Liyin was already giving her non-stop requests for her to present it. 

Jimin stepped back into the recording room while Liyin settled herself down, loaded with anticipation and excitement. 

"Well here goes," Jimin nervously stated and started her song, "If You Want". She finished it off on a nice note and Liyin could not help but clap in wonderment for her friend.

"Your turn now!" the younger one pouted and blushed while being showered with compliments. Liyin knew she couldn't complain further for Jimin would still get her to sing. She smiled remembering how they used to spend their days together, with Jimin being enthusiastic and pushy about everything- while she wasn't much of a difference either, always excited and ambitious about their plans with each other. She (half) reluctantly stepped into the recording room, as Jimin began cheering her on- just like the old days, they both thought. 

"I wrote this song a very long time ago, but I feel it's better than some others from recently," Liyin stated, before beginning to sing her song named "I Will". As she ended it Jimin could not help but smile and clap for the older one, for Liyin's skills in music would never fail to amaze her, be it back in the days, or right then. 

The two girls continued introducing to each other the songs they have written over their five years of not being able to communicate with each other. The girls were happy to know that everything was just as usual, where the only things that mattered were them, and their music. 

After all their songs, as well as recaps of songs from their old days, they could not help but end their session by singing their song- or so they claimed, for after hearing it from their favourite singer they knew it was meant for them (although the song was supposed to depict a relationship between a girl and a dog).

It was the song "Be With You" by the singer BoA, whom they had spent their times going crazy over, laughing and crying over, the very singer the loved together. 

And so, despite being alone by themselves, they managed to gain happiness and warmth from their relationship, meeting each other coincidentally at their very own place, being with each other. 

"Happy New Year, unnie," Jimin smiled as she saw her watch indicating that it was already 12 midnight. 

Liyin turned around and faced the younger with a warm smile, "Happy New Year to you too."

THE END!

Quite short hahaha. The song "If You Want" is a real song by J-min which I really like, and "I Will" is also another real song by Zhang Liyin but I'm not sure if I've heard it before- I can't remember xD and Be With You is of course a song by BoA~ I hope this wasn't very bad!