7

My Eyes on You

Sehun’s POV

 

Four days ago, when I was working in my office, there’s nothing really special that day.

I got a call from an unknown number, I hesitated to answer it at first but something urges me to answer me so I ended up answering the call.

 

 

 

Flashback

“Yoboseyo?..” the other line was silent. For a few seconds, I waited for the other line to say something but I’m starting to get pissed.

“Yoboseyo..?” my tone went a little higher; I tap my fingers on the table. When I’m about to end the call, the other line spoke.

I froze at the spot. Different things went into my mind. I blink for a few times, not believing what I heard. I gulp down nervously. What is this? I shouldn’t be feeling nervous after all the years had passed.

I grip harder on my phone when I felt my palm getting sweaty.

“Sehun..Long time no talk.” Her sweet melodic voice that I used to love. Yes. I ‘USED’ to love. I know I don’t love her anymore. I moved on. I moved on, Jung Krystal. 

My eyebrows met when I remember what she did to me, all the anger, and hate that I feel towards her before, they all started to come back.

“Why did you call? What do you want?” my voice became stern. I just want to end this phone call badly. But I’m curious why did she call? Why now?

“Sehun, I-I just want us to meet. Let’s meet at xxx café at 3:00pm. I’ll wait for you.” She talks to fast that I didn’t even get the chance to decline what she said, she ended the call.

What?  Who is she to tell me to meet with her so suddenly? I stared at the phone for a moment, still digesting what happened to me.

I sigh heavily. Should I meet her or not? But---

I don’t know what gotten to me after Krystal called me. I realized that I’m almost near at the café where krystal said that we should meet. I must be dumb.

I park my car in front of the café; I can’t believe what I’m doing right now. I went out of the car and as I walk nearer the café, my steps are becoming heavier. Should I go?

I push the door open and when I enter the cafe, my eyes scan the café for krystal.

Not so far at the left corner, I saw a familiar back. I slowly went towards that direction.

When I’m finally behind her, I sighed.

“Krystal..” I calmly called her. She slowly turns to see me and she smiled when she saw me. She stood up and went in front of me.

“Oppa..” she called out with her small voice. I don’t know what to feel at this moment. I’m just standing here blankly. i look at her eyes, those eyes that I used to love. So this is the feeling when you met your ex/ or should I say my first love again after your break up.

I felt my heart clench.

“Oppa.. why don’t we sit first hmmm?” she suggested.

I just followed her and we sat opposite to each other. I just want this to finish and get out of here.

“What do you want?” I tried to sound sternly.

“Oppa, it’s been a while. Should we order first soo—“

I cut her off, I don’t want to stay longer here, because I may not control myself and be angry again.

“Just tell me what you want so I can go. I don’t want to stay longer near you.” I glared at her, which I think caught her off guard with my sudden coldness. I know I’m not like this to her ‘before’.

“I-I just want to tell you something important, but please whatever happens. Promise me to hear me out first.” She looks at me in the eyes, pleading. She looked down and she started to play with her fingers, she’s nervous. She stills that habit with her. I shook my thoughts when I remembered that.

“Oppa, I’m so sorry for not telling you this. I know i broke your heart. And it hurts me too. I really didn’t want this to happen to us. I love you and you know that…” She paused for a while and she looks at me. Her eyes started to water as she sighed deeply.

“Oppa, I got pregnant…” her tears fell. I froze at what she said. She what? My eyes grew big when she said that. I want to say something but my throat went dry. Everything went blur from my sight. I can’t think or see straight and clearly. My mind is filled with different thoughts.

What is she saying? I got her pregnant? But we broke up 2 years ago, why is she telling me this only now? Is she kidding me?

“What? Why are telling me this now? You gotta be kidding me?!” I growled at her. I can’t believe this.

“Do you think I’ll waste my time to talk to you right now if this is not true?! Even though I still love you Sehun, I’m not that kind of person who’ll throw myself to you even though I know the fact that  you don’t love me anymore. You know me sehun.” Her tears were falling down continuously as she looks me straight through my eyes.

I started to soften a little when I saw her like that. I don’t know but I started to feel guilty for I shouted at her. I really don’t like to see a woman cry, especially because of me. That’s my weakness.

I felt stares from other customers in the café. i just ignore their stares as I try to compose myself.

“I’m sorry, I’m just-“

“No, don’t say sorry. I’m the one should say that to you. Sehun, I’m sorry for not telling you this sooner, but..

You have a son.” This time she looked away from me.

I don’t know what I felt when I heard what she said. This is too much. She’s playing with me. It can’t be. We never did that.

We..

I..

No, it can’t be. But I still doubt

“yes, sehun. You’re a father of my son.” She then looks at me again and this time her voice was softer as she slowly wipes her tears with the back of her hand.

“How can you be so sure? Krystal, it happened two years ago, and how do you expect me to believe you when you just told me this just now?” I doubt her. Why did she just tell me now?

“I’m not lying sehun. If you want to have a blood test, then let’s do it. I’ll prove you that he’s yours. See it for yourself. I’ll bring him to your house for you to see. I’ll do everything just for you to believe me and accept him.”

“No, don’t bring him in my house. Not until you prove me that he’s mine. Don’t you ever get involve in my life right now. We’ll do this secretly. No one should know about this, not to the public and not until you can prove it.” I looked at her, intimidating her. This can’t go out in the public or else I’m ruined. Especially when all people know that I’m already married.

“What? Why? Are you that ashamed of your son?.” She looks hurt for what I said.

“I don’t know if he’s mine yet. I can’t trust you anymore krystal.”

“you’re unbelievable sehun. You’ve really changed.” She gave me a disappointed look.

“Everyone can change krystal, especially when you broke them. They can never go back the way they were before.”

She blinks a few times before replying to what I said.

“I’ll do everything just prove the truth to you sehun. In no time, people will really know about this. Everyone will. And I’ll make sure that everyone will. You have to take responsibility Sehun.”