10

My Eyes on You

Jihye stretched her arms as she yawn. Another morning, Jihye looks at the empty side of their bed. Sehun woke up a little early today. He woke up before Jihye which is not that usual. Jihye walks to the bathroom to do her morning routine.

After that, she went to the kitchen and saw Sehun preparing breakfast.

“oh? You cooked breakfast already. I’m sorry I woke up late.” Jihye quickly prepared the table, helping Sehun. Actually she didn’t wake up lat. It’s just that Sehun is early today.

 

Does he have a meeting? Jihye thought while stealing glances at Sehun.

This is not the first time that Sehun prepared their breakfast. Jihye remembered the first time when he prepared their breakfast.

That was Saturday and Sehun was called to their office for a emergency meeting. So, jihye thought that maybe Sehun needs to be extra early today.

Sehun didn’t respond as usual. He continues to place the food on the table. When they were done, Sehun sat and Jihye did too. They eat in silence. It’s not that awkward though. Only the clicking of chopsticks and spoon can be heard.

 

In the middle of their breakfast, Sehun stands up and went to their room, not uttering a word. Jihye was left confused with his sudden action; she just shrugged and continues to eat.

Just then their doorbell rang and jihye didn’t think twice to walk toward the door.

“Who’s there?..” she carefully opens the front door and it revealed a woman around her age, holding a hand of a little boy.

The little boy hid behind the woman’s legs and he peeks at jihye.

Jihye smiled at the little boy but then her attention went to the woman.

uhm.. may I help you?” jihye said.

The woman looks at the paper that she’s holding with her other hand then she looks back to Jihye then the paper.

“Is this the right place?” she murmurs which Jihye heard.

“Are you looking for something?.” jihye asked the woman again.

Is this Oh Sehun’s house? Are you his maid?” the tone of the girl was somewhat in a mocking tone which jihye didn’t like.

What? Maid? Jihye thought. But she then flashed a smile at the woman.

“I’m sorry but who are you?” Jihye tried to sound nice as possible.

“Well, I’m j---“ the woman didn’t finish her sentence when Sehun interrupted.

“Who’s there?.” Sehun wraps his arm around Jihye’s waist. Jihye’s eyes went wide and she looks at Sehun.  Sehun moves Jihye closer to him as he glared at the woman who is standing infront of them right now.

“Sehun?” the woman sound surprised.

Jihye remained silent as she looks at sehun and the woman. There is an intense atmosphere that Jihye can’t explain.  Sehun is glaring at the woman.

“Sorry but whom are you?” Sehun again, didn’t let the woman answer his question.

“You went to the wrong place.” Sehun closes the door really loud.

Jihye’s heart is thumping really fast. It’s because she’s scared at Sehun’s action. She tried to calculate what just happened. She wants to say something but she felt went dry.

She wanted to say that it’s rude to act like that, plus there’s a kid. Sehun shouldn’t act like that.

Sehun quickly removes his arms from jihye’s waist and went back to the kitchen. Jihye puffed her cheeks in annoyance.

What’s with him. Psh.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

Jihye is sitting on the couch while watching some random shows. She turns her head when she saw sehun coming out from their room, wearing his casual clothes. She quickly averted her gaze back to the tv.

“Don’t talk to just anyone who comes in our house.” and with that Sehun went out of their house.

Jihye sighed. I don’t know what’s happening.

Jihye looks at the mirror for the last time. She checks herself before going out of their house. Jihye smiled as she walks. The ringing of her phone interrupted her moment. Jihye grabs her phone from her pocket.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Yaaah~ Jihye! You need to come here quickly. We’re about to start. Ppalli~.” Youngji shouts from the other line.

“Arasso! I’m on my way.See yah.” She ended the line. Smirking on what she just did. She ended it quickly because jihye knows that youngji will nag her non-stop.

She checks at her watch. She still have 30 minutes before their baking lesson starts. Why is youngji telling her to be quick?

What’s with people being so early today?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

When Jihye arrived at the small bake shop, she saw youngji talking to a guy. She approaches them.

“Youngji~”

Youngji smiled widely when she saw her bestfriend. And the guy next to her smiled too.

“Jihye~! Finally, I will introduce you to someone.” Youngji grabbed her arm and pulled jihye closer to her side.

“Jihye, this is Jackson. Well, I met him at the coffee shop where I always buy my favorite latte.” Youngji giggled.

Jihye smiled and bowed.

“annyeonghaseyo.”

“Jackson, this is jihye. My bestfriend.”

Jackson bowed and offered a hand. Jihye quickly accepted it. Youngji is about to talk again when their teacher came. And the baking lesson starts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Is he okay there?” Jihye whispered to her best friend while she eye Jackson who’s sitting at the side. He sat there since their lesson started. From time to time, Jihye saw them flirting by Jackson winking at Youngji.

“He’s fine. Besides he insists to come here to see me bake.” She made a cute expression when she saw Jackson looks at them. Jihye rolled her eyes. She knows this already. Soon, Youngji will have this guy as her boyfriend.

Whatever.” They continued baking.

After 3 hours of baking, the lesson for today came to an end. They bid farewells to each other.

You sure you’re okay to go home alone?” Youngji asked her bestfriend. They are now standing outside the bake shop.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry. “ Jihye assured her best friend.

“okay, we’re going first. Annyeong~” Youngji waved her hand and Jackson smiled at jihye.

“Nice meeting you Jihye-shi. See you next time.” Jackson said and with that, the two walks at the opposite direction.

Jihye puts her hands on her pocket and walks to the streets of Seoul. She didn’t know where to go. She just let her legs walk on their own. It’s getting dark but she didn’t want to go home yet. Jihye saw a café shop that caught her eye. She quickly went inside and she was greeted by the worker.

“Welcome ma’am.”

Jihye smiled and walks to the counter.

Hmm. I’m craving for a slice of cake.

“Hi ma’am! What your order?”

“One slice of Amnesia cake and a vanilla smoothie. Dine in”

Jihye hands out her card but it fell accidentally. She bends down to pick it but when she stood up, her back bumps into someone’s chest.

An arm stretched out from behind jihye, and handed to the cashier a card. Jihye looks behind her and saw someone which she least wants to see.

She froze at the spot, foot rooted on the ground. He flashes his famous smile that Jihye used to love. Jihye snapped out her thoughts and went back her attention to the cashier.

Wait. Take my card.” Jihye said.

“Uhmm. Okay ma’am” the worker was about to hand back the card from the guy but he insists.

“No. take my card now.” The guy said in a commanding tone. The worker didn’t think twice and wipes the card.

Jihye sighed in defeat. She didn’t know what to say. Will she thank him? Or will she ignore him? But that’s rude. He just paid for her. Jihye collected her courage and faced him.

thanks.” But when Jihye faced him, she regrets it right away. The guy looks in her eyes and smiled sincerely. Jihye wanted to look away but she just can’t.

 

“Jihye…”

Their moment was interrupted when the worker calls jihye for her order.

“ma’am your order is here.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jihye didn’t know what gotten to her but she just found herself here. With Zhang Yixing .

They’re eating together. No one tried to open a conversation. Maybe it’s that awkward. Like who wouldn’t? Jihye is now with her ex. After all those years and here they are.

“Jihye.” He calls her attention.

Jihye looks at him and he smiled.

I missed you…” Jihye didn’t say anything. She’s afraid. She’s afraid that she’ll break down. All of her emotions started to build up inside her and she feels like to burst at any moment. She thought that she’s okay. But she’s not. This is not what she feels when she first saw yixing at the dinner where she’s with sehun.

Jihye looks down and smiled sadly.

“Thank you Yixing. But I think I need to go.” Jihye stood up and started to walk out of the shop. She wants to close her ears for her to stop hearing yixing’s calls.

When she was already outside the shop she speeds up her pace walking toward to an alley. But then a hand grabbed her wrist, making her face him.

Jihye. Can we please talk?”

Jihye let out a forced laugh.

“What do we need to talk about? There’s nothing to talk about Yixing.” She tried to maintain her fake smiling but it seems like she failed doing it.

Her tears finally escaped from her eyes.

“Good bye Yixing.” She turned around but she was stop again by a hug.

“Please. Please. Jihye, hear me out. Please. For the last time..” Yixing placed her chin on her shoulders, he hugs her tighter. Not wanting to let go.

“why?” jihye said almost whispering.

“Why are you always like this yixing. You always come in the wrong time. You always do things that are not in the right time. Why are you doing it when I’m not prepared for it?” Jihye tears didn’t stop from coming down.

For the first time, yixing heard Jihye’s thoughts. Even when they dated before, jihye will always agree to him. She will always say yes as long as she knows that it will make him happy. He thought that everything is alright.

 He thought that she’s just like that but it seems that he’s too late to realize all of those things right now. And even when they broke up, jihye didn’t say anything.

She didn’t protest. He thought she will agree again this time, for her to hear his explanation but jihye didn’t let him. Did he hurt him that much?

All this time, he never knew what she really feels. And his heart starts to ache. He didn’t know that this will hurt really badly.

If he’s feeling so hurt right now imagine what jihye is feeling right now and by all the time that she just agree to every yixing said.

Yixing starts to cry. He buries his head on jihye’s shoulder. His heart is aching, so does Jihye.

Only the sounds of their sobs can be heard. The clouds started to form, making the atmosphere go cold. It starts to rain. The two didn’t move from their position. Yixing didn’t want to let her go. Despite that it’s raining, jihye just let her head down.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry.. I’m so sorry…” Yixing repeatedly said. After what all he’d done. He knows that saying sorry is not enough.

Yixing made Jihye face him. His arms are still around jihye’s waist. He connected their forehead.

“I’m sorry.. I’m sorry Jihye..”

“Yixing. I’m sorry too but I can’t agree to you this time. I’ve had enough.” She whisper the last line.

Yixing couldn’t take it anymore. He missed her so much. He doesn’t care anymore. He just wants her. Want her to be with him again.

Yixing kissed her tenderly. Jihye is too shock that her eyes went wide.

No, no. Jihye you can’t.

Jihye wants to push him but her mind betrayed her.