Chapter 1 — Jealousy

24/7 Heaven Blanket Kick

Taehyung's POV

Day by day, she would always tell me how charming he looked, how cute he was and how he was simply her ideal type. While we would sit in the small little cafe situated in the city and talk about our day and somehow we or she, actually would end up just talking about her crush, Jungkook. Her eyes would glitter and her cheeks would flush whenever she talked about him. I always stared at her round, brown eyes as she continued going on and on about Jungkook. 

Nonetheless, as her best friend, I was always her listening ear. Day and night. I remember the time when we simply talked for 3 hours straight at 3am in the morning. She called up to tell how hungry she was in the middle of the night but she was too scared to go to the kitchen by herself in the dark.

I have always enjoyed her calm yet cheerful voice of hers. Her looks were a plus, her personality was simply beautiful. She was truly the kindest person you would ever meet. I was truly blessed to become her best friend, although I wished for us to become more than that. More than best friends.

My heart would beat fast whenever she would walk beside me and sometimes even brushing our hands by accident. But I know she feels the complete opposite and in the end it's a one-sided love. And apparently, it's the sad truth that I have came to accept after a long time.

That me and her could never be together.

I've always wanted to confess to her, but I couldn't bring myself to do so. Not when she has a crush on Jungkook.

“Yah, Tae are you even listening to me?” 

“What?” I stared blankly at her face.

“Don't tell me I spent the whole time talking to the table.” She rolled her eyes.

I smiled sheepishly. 

She sighed as she glanced towards the clock and quickly finished her drink. 

“Tae, let's go. It's getting late.”

I got up from my seat and walked with her towards the exit.

And that's exactly how we would spend our day together.

As always, we would walk home together since we live pretty close to each other. Our walk would be silent sometimes but it's a comforting kind of silence. If that makes any sense. As long as we were by each other, it was comforting and it definitely brought some peace in my mind after hearing her endless talk about her crush.

“Tae.” 

“Yeah?” 

“Do you think I could get Jungkook's phone number?” 

“What?” I nervously asked.

“I said, do you think I could get his phone number?”

“Yeah, I guess.”

“Thanks Tae~ I'm gonna ask him tomorrow during Maths class. Wish me luck won't ya?”

“Good luck, I'm sure he'll give you his phone number.” I smiled.

“Thanks Tae. You're the best~” Her beautiful smile was one of the reasons why I started to fall in love with her and it was one of my biggest weaknesses. Seeing her smile made my day so much more better, no matter how bad it was.


We arrived at her house and I waved my hands to her and gave her a quick thumbs up. She did the same and went into her house. I walked towards my home and sighed to myself. No matter how much I wanted her to be mine, I know it's never possible. If only I was Jungkook.

I arrived home and went up to take hot shower. After showering, I dried my hair with my towel while I checked my phone to see an incoming message from her. 

"I'm so nervous omg >< but anyways goodnight taetae~" 
Sent 8:46pm

"It's going to be fine. Goodnight~" 

Hmm. Should i put a smiley face? It seems kinda cold. 

"It's going to be fine. (: goodnight~"
Sent 8:50pm

I got ready to have some sleep for school tomorrow. I stared at the plain, white ceiling while secretly praying that she wasn't going to really ask for his phone number. As her best friend, I should be really happy for her. 

But the problem is, I'm in love with her. And no matter how much I try to become happy for her, I can never bring myself to accept that we could never be more than best friends. And she doesn't even know that.

Behind my smile, lies so many words that I wish I could tell her, but I never would want to sacrifice my friendship with her. The friendship that took so many years to build.

..I feel.. hmm, jealous?

Yeah. Jealous. 


A/N; how's the first chapter? :-) sorry it was very boring! the next chapter would be more exciting huehuehue 

Check my instagram~ I post bangtan!! @lattae.jpg