Prologue

Tell Me, Mama (SEMI-HIATUS)

"Tell me, what did the prophecy state?" The Guardian asked his friend while walking down the hall to the ceremony. His friend had just exited Oh Sayer's temple where the Prophecy was recieved. 

"A lost ally reborn,

The Lotus Bearer,

A phoenix wearer,

At the Age she will be sworn,

Locked up, world in darkness,

Living in luxury, surrounded by gossips,

A split in two, the world in peril,

A final oath made in terror,

The ultimate ending,

Namesake defending,

Two worlds created, never to be together,

Until the alignment of the legends.

And the learning of lessons."

His friend finished reciting the prophecy and wiped the sweat off his brow.

"That's... It? That's pathetically short. And blunt."

"That is what Oh Sayer told me. And no, it's not 'pathetically short.'"

"But it should be longer! What does Oh Sayer mean? 'A final promise in terror?' Surrounded by gossips?"

"I don't know! Didn't you say it was 'blunt?"

"Well yeah, but still!"

Somewhere on the exoplanet, a city caught on fire.

"FIne, fine. I'm going to the banquet now."

"What's it for again?"

"Oh, I don't know. Just one of the lavish parties that the Mama throws out of the blue."

----------some months later.

It was a dark and cold night. A storm was already starting to near the Sanctuary and Ying had to hurry up. She was carrying the destined baby out into the woods of the Sanctuary,

If anyone else saw her then she would probably be exiled. What she was doing was treacherous and she could be exiled or even sentenced to hanging and she certainly did not want that.

She left the baby on a tree branch and the winds covered it, making the baby invisible. Ying's job was done, it was now up to the Storm Guardian to do his.

Ying hurried out of the woods and into the Sanctuary, grateful for the warmth of the heater.

The baby disappeared from the tree branch in a swirl of wind.

--------decade-and-some years later. 

"Hyunjae wasn't supposed to live! How did she manage to survive? I put her in a tree branch and now she's the heiress to MY crown!" Ying was furious at herself and at Hyunjae. She threw a chair across the room and it almost hit her advisor. 

"Ying, please, calm down. You said you placed her in a tree branch? Where?" 

"In the woods, behind the Tree!"

"Behind... the... TREE."

A silence filled the room.

"Oh," was all Ying managed to say.

"At least keep her away from the book."

"Yeah. Keep her away from the book."

--------------------on the other hand...

Hyunjae found a old book in the back of the library. She wiped off the dust on the cover and looked at it. In a scrawly handwriting it said, "RESERVED FOR THE THIRTEENTH ONLY."

Hyunjae was in fact the thirteenth so she opened the book to find it all on Creation and it's limits.

From this book, Hyunjae started to grow and develop her abilities progressively. She kept the book hidden in her room inside a drawer. At night, she would take the book out of it's hiding place and read it under her blankets.

One day, Hyunjae flipped to the last page. It contained a small, handwritten note, possibly from the previous thirteenth. It said:

"Know thine enemy. They may be closer then they appear."

This was something Hyunjae didn't like. In the book, it mentioned the Destroyer, the opposite force of the Creationer. Was the Destroyer's base located near the Sanctuary?

But the Hyunjae speculated, the book was written well over eons ago so maybe back then, things were different.

------------------and on the third hand... some years later...

"Today's the big day," Suho announced. As the leader of the sub-group, he had to make the announcements that were important.

"Today's the day we will be going to the Ceremony of the Mama," Kris continued. He was the leader of the second sub-group with the power of flight. Kai had oftened boasted about his teleporting skills back when they were still training and when he met Kris, he shutted up nicely.

"Remember, act polite to the Court members, no flirting with them-"

"-and don't make a ruckus. That means you three beagles better behave!" Kris pointed to Chen, Baekhyun and Chanyeol. "Don't pull off any of your pranks!"

------------------back to Ying's side.

"I've tried being nice to her but now she's the Mama? I can't do this!" Ying screamed in frustration.

Somewhere on the exoplanet, a city just experienced an earthquake.

"You are the true heiress so naturally she should be repelled by the Imperial Objects!" Her advisor tried calming her down in despair.

"That little rascal found the book but doesn't admit to it! Now she takes away my title and I am a mere PRINCESS! It sounds absolutely hideous!" She shuddered at the thought. "Do you know how long I have been planning for the Ceremony? MY Ceremony? It was supposed to be the PEAK OF MY LIFE!" Ying flopped into a chair, sobbing.

"And now, it's ruined! The thought of a perfect place is utterly ruined! My perfect world is now SHATTERED into pieces too small to be put back together!"

Somewhere on the exoplanet, a city fell beneath the ground. 

"YING! Please, calm down! Your face is turning a livid shade of purple!" 

Indeed it did, Ying's expression of pure outrage made her face turn purple. She immediately whipped out her makeup and looked into the mirror.

"Oh... dear... No, I don't have time for this!" Ying threw the compact across the room. The mirror shattered into pieces.

"See? That was the beauty and hopes I had, now broken!"

"Ying, dearest, why don't we... oh, I don't know, sabotage her Ceremony?"

Ying's eyes widened as she turned to stare at him. "That is the best idea ever out of your mind! Perfect!" She squealed in delight as she clapped her hands.

Maybe things for Ying will go right after all.