Chapter 3: The Girl In The Red Coat

Accidental Meeting

     Choi Seung Hyun had not wanted to leave the hotel. It was freezing outside but the Bigbang members wanted to go outside and look around. He prefered to stay in, maybe read a book but in the end he had found himself in the car heading to the Promenade in Santa Monica. Now he found himself inside a Starbucks with a couple of the staff. The rest of the Bigbang member and some of the dancers decided to walk around and do some shopping. He watched the people outside the window. Everyone seemed happy and relaxed. For Choi Seung Hyun that was a foreign concept. Being an idol, relaxing was something unheard of. He had known becoming a singer meant losing all privacy in itself but when he was younger all of that had not been important. He had loved the stage too much and he still did, but sometimes he wondered if it was all worth it. When some of his friends saw him becoming famous they became jealous and stopped inviting him out for events. The few who stayed, his busy schedule and their starting their own families eventually made them lose contact. He still had his Bigbang members and his family but he still missed that freedom of not caring about his image. The freedom to see and date whomever he wanted. To not be watched continuously and recognized everywhere.Yes, he envied the people outside that window. That window was a reminder of the life he could not have, an invisible wall he wished to break.
     “ Hyung, Do you want anything to eat?” someone from the staff asked.
     “I’m not that hungry. Maybe a coffee or tea?” Seung Hyun replied.
     “Omo it’s raining! The guys are going to get wet!” Bigbang’s stylist Ji Eun Noona exclaimed.
     Seung Hyun looked outside. Where there had been people walking around, they were now running trying to find cover. He was glad he had chosen to stay at the coffee shop. He hoped the rest of the guys would hurry so they could head back to the hotel. From the corner of his eyes a hint of color caught his eyes. A girl wearing a red coat was trying to cross the street when a car sped by and sprayed water all over her. The girl stood in place and seemed stunned at what had just happened to her. He felt sorry for the girl. She was probably freezing now. The light turned green. After a few seconds of indecision she decided to cross and started walking towards the coffee shop. As she got closer and walked through the door he noticed how beautiful she was. She was shorter than him and no older than 25. Her hair was long and a beautiful shade of mahogany brown. Her lips had a tint of pink, the same color her cheeks had turned because of the cold.
     “Rosa! Are you okay? What happened to you?” the guy behind the counter asked.
     “ Don’t even mention it. I’m sorry Dave but I’m in a hurry can you give me the usual?”
     “ Yes of course! Are you ordering for yourself too?”
     “ No, not today. I forgot to bring the company card and I only have enough for theirs” she replied as she passed by Seung Hyun and headed to the bathroom.
     After a few minutes Ji Eun noona brought his hot tea over. He took a sip of it and closed his eyes. Ah, this is it! This is what he needed. Now all he needed was a book, a blanket, the warmth of the hotel and it would be perfect. His BigBang dongsaengs loved to bug him and call him ahjussi. They said his way of dressing and his likes were that of an older mani. He hated going out to places. He avoided social events as well as social media. People were curious about his private life. He guessed because of it people were trying to dig into his life more. He really had to be careful.
     “Ok guys, it seems like the guys headed to the cars and are waiting for us. Time to go.” Ji Eun noona announced as she grabbed her purse.
     “Noona, go ahead. Wait for me outside. I’ll be there in a second” Seung Hyun said as he grabbed his umbrella.
     “Don’t take too long!” she said as she walked out.
     Seung Hyun headed towards the guy named Dave. “ Hi, I noticed that the girl who came in with the red coat didn’t order anything for herself. I want to pay for her drink. Can you give her whatever she wants?”
     “That is nice of you. Of Course.” The guy named Dave replied.
     “Also! Can you give her this?” Seung Hyun said as he handed him the umbrella.
     “No prob!”
     Seung Hyun walked out. He hoped the beautiful girl that they had called Rosa would have a better day. With a smile on his face he started walking towards their car.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry I took so long to update. Life got crazy on me after messing up my hand. It was a pain but thankfully Im back. Let me know if you guys have any input or whatever.

Love, Linda.